Options

Artists who scored UK number ones in both album and single charts simultaneously?

MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
Forum Member
Olly Murs did the 'double' today, so I was interested if anybody has a list of other artists who have also scored the double please! :)

Comments

• Options
    Ryan11Ryan11 Posts: 4,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One Direction with Little Things and Take Me Home.
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Loads of artists have, but it has happened quite a lot these past few months. Robbie did it too the other week.
  • Options
    So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just in the last couple of weeks there has been One Direction with Little Things & Take Me Home, and Robbie Williams with Candy and Take The Crown.
  • Options
    mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The prodigy with firestarter and breathe from the fat of the land
  • Options
    LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona Lewis Bleeding Love & Spirit were both #1 at the same time for a few weeks
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Leona did with Bleeding Love and Spirit, maybe even Spirit Deluxe and Run too?

I remember Cheryl Cole doing it with FFTL and 3 Words......only because Simon Cowell made a massive fuss as if she was the only person on the planet to ever do it.
  • Options
    kenny12kenny12 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Spice Girls did it in America with Wannabe and Spice. IIRC
  • Options
    afcbfanafcbfan Posts: 7,163
    Forum Member
    7 artists have achieved simultaneous number 1s in the single and album chart in the UK *and* US. Points for anyone who can name them
  • Options
    wef0undl0vewef0undl0ve Posts: 6,460
    Forum Member
    Rihanna did it twice in 2011 with What's My Name & Loud and later in the year with We Found Love & Talk That Talk
  • Options
    tpau21tpau21 Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leona Lewis Bleeding Love & Spirit were both #1 at the same time for a few weeks

I remember that!! I was so happy when this happened and her single and album were like this for about 7 weeks I think.
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Adele yet lol.

In the US she did it with 3 different singles from the same album.
  • Options
    PANNAL1PANNAL1 Posts: 8,905
    Forum Member
    Gabrielle- Rise..single and album
  • Options
    PANNAL1PANNAL1 Posts: 8,905
    Forum Member
    I am sure Westlife and Take That have done it at some point as well as Elvis and The Beatles, and probably Madonna too
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will Young with Leave Right Now and Friday's Child.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Rita Ora do it as well?
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    When Hear'Say won Popstars in 2001 both their single and album were No 1 in the charts at the same time. Doesn't excuse the fact they were crap though :D I think people just bought their CDs on the back of the TV show hype.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,991
    Forum Member
    In 2005, Sugababes were the first group/artist (not sure if a solo artist had done it before but I dont think they did) to be at #1 on the Singles, Singles Download and Album chart simultaneously with Push The Button and the album Taller In More Ways... They completed the same thing with About You Now and the album Change in 2007...
  • Options
    zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PANNAL1 wrote: »
    I am sure Westlife and Take That have done it at some point as well as Elvis and The Beatles, and probably Madonna too

I know that Westlife did it in 2005 with You Raise Me Up single and Face To Face album.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adele did with Someone Like You and 21
  • Options
    Imperfect AngelImperfect Angel Posts: 3,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mariah Carey was the first female to debut at #1 simultaneously in 994 with Music Box and Without You.
  • Options
    NeonopticNeonoptic Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spice Girls held the Christmas number 1 album and single in 1996 with Spice and 2 Become 1.
  • Options
    mooneusmooneus Posts: 543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beyonce, Michael Jackson, The Beatles, The Monkees, Rod Stewart, Men at Work, Simon & Garfunkel
  • Options
    casperfan2002@ycasperfan2002@y Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kylie Can't Get You Out Of My Head and Fever (she was also no 1 in the airplay chart ,no 1 music DVD and in the no 1 film at UK Box office (Moulin Rouge!!!)
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Queen with a re-issue of Bohemian Rhapsody after Freddie died in 1991. Their Greatest Hits II topped the album charts.