The Ratings Thread (Part 49)

Comments

• russellellyrussellelly Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sue Barker announced that the regional news would be on BBC Two, but clearly whoever told her that doesn't have a clue.

She said viewers in Englad and N Ireland (odd, they can opt-out on 2?), regional news would follow tennis. On Screen Graphic said Reporting Scotland on BBC2.
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SamuelW wrote: »
    I wont have internet from 6.45pm onwards tonight so here's my thoughts based on Andy murray winning:

Today worked out perfectly for BBC1. With Murray going 2-0 down, it meant the game was going to last longer and later into the evening as Murray's the better player and obviously was going to come back. So with the game overunning into the BBC News slot, a huge casual audience would've been exposed to this thriller, maybe a peak of 8-9million? And the BBC Regional News which always gets a reliable 4.5million followed and would've dented Emmerdale. The lead in for BBC1's new consumer show would've been higher than usual so that will hopefully start well. And most importantly, with Murray through to the semis up against a player no one knows about, he's set up another good ratings day on Friday and obviously he's going to win that and be part of a HUGE Sunday for BBC1. Could we see Wimbledon get the biggest ratings of the year so far?!

Hold on Sam it's not over yet.
  • NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    Sue Barker announced that the regional news would be on BBC Two, but clearly whoever told her that doesn't have a clue.

I didn't hear that: she has said that in England and Northern Ireland, regional news will follow the tennis on BBC One. Presumably Scotland and Wales are having their regional news on BBC Two now, as that channel can regionalise for the nations. We need to bear that mind for the overnights tomorrow.
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Score wrote: »
    ITV's flopzone didn't do too badly last night:

Love Your Garden: 3.26m
    Secrets From The Workhouse: 3.1m

Good ratings there both being above 3m. It wasn't long ago everything was rating in the 2s on a Tuesday on ITV.

I still think the next series of Paul O'Grady Dogs should move to Tuesday, now it's proved itself in a slot without a Corrie lead in.
  • chemical2009bchemical2009b Posts: 5,250
    Forum Member
    Great British Food Revival on the main BBC2 now.
  • Joe40Joe40 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC Two Scotland and BBC Two Northern Ireland to show a Celtic Champions League qualifying game on Wednesday 17th July.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23162125
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the tennis finishes before Corrie, could this give a big lead in to the episode inherited from the tennis audience and potential big peak.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the tennis finishes before Corrie, could this give a big lead in to the episode inherited from the tennis audience and potential big peak.

Maybe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yesssssssssss Well Done Murry man that was tense.
    Forum Member
    Fantastic, epic, exciting match! Expecting a huge peak at 19:10 :)
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Good ratings there both being above 3m. It wasn't long ago everything was rating in the 2s on a Tuesday on ITV.

I still think the next series of Paul O'Grady Dogs should move to Tuesday, now it's proved itself in a slot without a Corrie lead in.

But it does still have an Emmerdale lead in.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My word that worked out well for BBC1. Murray was 0- 30 on his serve somewhere in that set and there weren't many threads left to hang on. Overall though should be hugely dominant early evening on BBC1 and with the considerable icing on the cake that Murray lives to fight on for even higher ratings ;)

Have to say though, he is going to have to play much better to have any chance against Djokovic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonde if more will catch up with Emmerdale at 8pm on +1 tonight? Not that they'd be counted as having watched it here in any case.
    Forum Member
    I wonde if more will catch up with Emmerdale at 8pm on +1 tonight? Not that they'd be counted as having watched it here in any case.

I'd say about 75% of posters here have accepted +1 so don't worry. But Emmerdale on +1 will not be the main story tomorrow. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Corri should be ok now as the tennis is over. It may rate really well tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NeilVW wrote: »
    I'd say about 75% of posters here have accepted +1 so don't worry. But Emmerdale on +1 will not be the main story tomorrow. ;)

I no right that game was like a drug I was addicted to it. So happy he won in the end.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NeilVW wrote: »

No Emmerdale on ITV normal will probably be the big story in this thread ;)
  • mrmattybeckmrmattybeck Posts: 1,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Murray expecting the tennis to rate really well:)
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,133
    Forum Member
    How high are we looking at for a tennis peak?
  • ronantronant Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    How high are we looking at for a tennis peak?

I'll have a stab - 8.2m.
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has been mentioned so many times on here and here goes again. The figures in ITV's Top 30 exclude HD. Those Corrie and Emmerdale ratings are SD only. See the ITVHD Top 10 to get the correct ratings by adding the two together.
    This seems to happen every week. I know why ITV apparently want two separate ratings lists for advertisers, but can't they pay BARB a bit extra to add SD and HD together in an extra list for everyone except advertisers? :D
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dave01 wrote: »
    ...Corrie now generally timeshifts more than Eastenders does...
    And, so it should! They both finish early a lot of the time, but EastEnders doesn't have a break in the middle!
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ronant wrote: »
    I'll have a stab - 8.2m.

I'm going a good bit more

Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This seems to happen every week. I know why ITV apparently want two separate ratings lists for advertisers, but can't they pay BARB a bit extra to add SD and HD together in an extra list for everyone except advertisers? :D

They'll have to do it at some point or else they will gradually get lower and lower.
    Forum Member
    They'll have to do it at some point or else they will gradually get lower and lower.

Another improvement to the BARB site would be to list the top 30 for ITV+1, Channel 4+1 and Channel 5+1, rather than just the top 10.
This discussion has been closed.