It's Nicholas' time to go

commentcomment Posts: 920
Forum Member
✭✭
I really like Nicholas but he's really let himself down these past two weeks. Out of the current 4, he's the weakest left so he should be the one to go.

The fact he sang The Climb and Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me both of which Joe Mcelderry sang on the show and it's quite obvious that Joe sang them both a lot better and i'm not a Joe fan at all.

It would be really unfair for Nick to get through over the remaining contestants.

Comments

• sycamoresycamore Posts: 4,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're right, he's by far the weakest of the four, last week as well as this. He doesn't deserve to stay ahead of any of the others. But I bet he won't be going.
  • duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I disagree. Luke is shouty and RC are all over the place. The other acts may look more contemporary but they just can't sing like Nick. He has been given bad songs and bad slots, but he had been consistent. Yes, the genre he is in is not so commercial, but the others are just not that great. I exclude Sam B who is my top.
  • Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If there is any justice, Rough Copy will go. They are by far the worst group to ever get to the final four. Of course they won't go though - the producers have seen to that by having a 'bottom two' sing-off for the first time ever with only four contestants left. They have doubtless told the judges that under no circumstances must they send RC home. All speculation of course but highly likely to be true.
  • katinthehatkatinthehat Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really like Nicky but it is unfair for him to leave after 1 bad night when RC have constantly survived over some very good acts. RC should go tonight hopefully.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sycamore wrote: »
    You're right, he's by far the weakest of the four, last week as well as this. He doesn't deserve to stay ahead of any of the others. But I bet he won't be going.

I agree with you. He's been poor all the way through and is by far the least marketable of the remaining acts. I can't see him leaving tonight though. He's got runner up and never heard of again written all over him
  • hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I disagree I think he deserves to be in the final because he has a great voice and he hasnt been in the bottom 2. I also think it will be unfair if he doesnt get to the final. But I know he will be one going tonight
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    comment wrote: »
    I really like Nicholas but he's really let himself down these past two weeks. Out of the current 4, he's the weakest left so he should be the one to go.

The fact he sang The Climb and Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me both of which Joe Mcelderry sang on the show and it's quite obvious that Joe sang them both a lot better and i'm not a Joe fan at all.

It would be really unfair for Nick to get through over the remaining contestants.

Sorry, what has this to do with it? Joe sang better than Luke ever did, with more passion than Sam B ever managed and consistently in tune unlike RC. So should they all be out because Joe out sang them all?

Personally, I thought Nicholas was the best of the Elton songs, Luke shouted, Sam boomed with no finesse totally ignoring the emotion of the song and RC continued with their out of tune ways. But that is just my opinion.

It may be best for Nicholas to go but it is unfair to say he let himself down when he has been set up to get him out. The producers and by default Louis, let him down by their song selections.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disagree.

RC have been terrible for weeks and the judges have never ever picked up on it. Nicholas have put in much better performances than them on almost every week. RC should go.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daewos wrote: »
    Sorry, what has this to do with it? Joe sang better than Luke ever did, with more passion than Sam B ever managed and consistently in tune unlike RC. So should they all be out because Joe out sang them all?

Personally, I thought Nicholas was the best of the Elton songs, Luke shouted, Sam boomed with no finesse totally ignoring the emotion of the song and RC continued with their out of tune ways. But that is just my opinion.

It may be best for Nicholas to go but it is unfair to say he let himself down when he has been set up to get him out. The producers and by default Louis, let him down by their song selections.

Disagree.

Joe sang better than Luke, yes. But he got nowhere near the amount of passion Sam B put in clown with any of his performances.
  • rsefitpro07rsefitpro07 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicholas won't go tonight, he will get to the final!
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Disagree.

Joe sang better than Luke, yes. But he got nowhere near the amount of passion Sam B put in clown with any of his performances.

Nah. Don't agree. Which is why I stated my opinion. I was thinking more of CITW though when typing it. But I stick to my view as her Clown was a shadow of Emile Sande's performance. I know you are a fan but, sorry, Sam leaves me cold.
  • notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duncann wrote: »
    I disagree. Luke is shouty and RC are all over the place. The other acts may look more contemporary but they just can't sing like Nick. He has been given bad songs and bad slots, but he had been consistent. Yes, the genre he is in is not so commercial, but the others are just not that great. I exclude Sam B who is my top.

Luke shouty.....agree
    RC all over the place.......agree
    Nick, bad song choice last night, poor performance, felt for him......too young to win
    Sam......she deserves to win, her last chance, she will be on loose women, I'm a celeb get me out of here(eventually) pop start to opera star, make a bob or two with a couple of albums, sing for UK IN eurovision and be a deserved winner.

Nick, Luke, Tamera.....will have their moment
  • commentcomment Posts: 920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daewos wrote: »

What has it got to do with it? Nicholas is basically the next version of Joe, just a lot worse! Luke is nothing like Joe so to compare them is totally unfair. Their voices are completely different and appeal to different people because of the genre of music they perform, Joe has the typical great voice but Luke has something in his voice which makes him interesting and personally I would never chose to listen to someone like Nicholas or Joe. Having just a great voice won't make you sell records. Nicholas has no hope after this show, maybe an album of covers will serve him well but who knows.
  • benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he's been awful since week 1 >:( needs to go asap
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    benbeez1 wrote: »
    he's been awful since week 1 >:( needs to go asap

Too bloody right

Irritating little twerp too

Mind you Luke shouts his way through everything
  • benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104