Cheryl back on X Factor..

Comments

• kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=Vodka_Drinka

]Most people won't give a shit. The response to her return on the official Facebook page has been far from the overwhelming positivity Simon and Syco would have hoped for, and whilst some are pleased to see her back many are asking why and are commenting on her lack of talent.

The judging panel is not what is wrong with the X Factor and it's not the only reason that ratings have fallen.[/QUOTE]

So in other words his plan has probably backfired :D......I guess people like him expect that the public really believe all this hype?? Programmes like this have past their sell by date but then again I do wonder with ITV at like sometimes with his run of shows its Simon Cowell TV, can ITV please pull the plug soon?? As I wouldn't mind if they were the first to do it so others follow
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most people won't give a shit. The response to her return on the official Facebook page has been far from the overwhelming positivity Simon and Syco would have hoped for, and whilst some are pleased to see her back many are asking why and are commenting on her lack of talent.

The judging panel is not what is wrong with the X Factor and it's not the only reason that ratings have fallen.

I don't know why stupid bint on that page is asking why she's back because she can't sing. If this is going to be said, then why is Louis Walsh on the X Factor panel?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    So in other words his plan has probably backfired :D......I guess people like him expect that the public really believe all this hype?? Programmes like this have past their sell by date but then again I do wonder with ITV at like sometimes with his run of shows its Simon Cowell TV, can ITV please pull the plug soon?? As I wouldn't mind if they were the first to do it so others follow

ITV must be getting the viewers for his shows because they'd axe the both of them otherwise.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    ITV must be getting the viewers for his shows because they'd axe the both of them otherwise.

More is the pity .... they do realise it has to end at somepoint and as if Chezza is really going to save the show they have another thing coming ..... it'll probably have high raings this year (with her back) possibly then it'll go into freefall as more people will realise how staged it really is and she is hardly an expert lets be honest, sings live (jubilee) like a screeching cat but gets away miming how is that possible?? :o

If I have to be honest the whole UKTV networks need a major overhaul with all this tat filling the air its time to scrap and get something worth watching on.....In saying that you rarely hear about the other X Factor winners anyway apart from 1 Direction other than that nothing (either that or I am choosing to actually switch off from music altogether :D )
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am delighted that I gave up on X-Factor because Cheryl Cole certainly will not (for me at least) improve a tired and predictable format.

CC, just like Sharon Osbourne, is a hooligan who got lucky imho.
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where does he get the idea that Cheryl is going to save the Xfactor? .

He's probably just hoping the ratings will go up like they did when she was last on the show. They may do - who knows at this point. I think the ratings may rise slightly because Cowell's back too.

But it's all PR at this point. It's just simply a case that it's being sold to us that Cole is the answer to everything.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    More is the pity .... they do realise it has to end at somepoint and as if Chezza is really going to save the show they have another thing coming ..... it'll probably have high raings this year (with her back) possibly then it'll go into freefall as more people will realise how staged it really is and she is hardly an expert lets be honest, sings live (jubilee) like a screeching cat but gets away miming how is that possible?? :o

If I have to be honest the whole UKTV networks need a major overhaul with all this tat filling the air its time to scrap and get something worth watching on.....In saying that you rarely hear about the other X Factor winners anyway apart from 1 Direction other than that nothing (either that or I am choosing to actually switch off from music altogether :D )

There will come a day when viewers will get bored with the X Factor. Cowell's blatant manipulation of the show to get his chosen acts through isn't exactly a good thing. I think the show has life in it yet, but yeah, it's starting to live on borrowed time now.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    He's probably just hoping the ratings will go up like they did when she was last on the show. They may do - who knows at this point. I think the ratings may rise slightly because Cowell's back too.

But it's all PR at this point. It's just simply a case that it's being sold to us that Cole is the answer to everything.

These shows are all on their way out. Dancing on Ice has gone and I think BGT will be next, then the X Factor and eventually we'll see the end of IAC and Strictly as well. The continued success of IAC baffles me as it's IMO it's the most tired format of the lot. I only watch for Ant and Dec.

If Strictly gets a decent line up this year and if the rumours are true and the Beeb decides to put the new series of Doctor Who up against the X Factor then quite frankly ITV are screwed. New DW with a strong Strictly lead mean a ratings disaster for Simon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it disappointing both the X-Factor and Cheryl have taken such a big step back. Whatever happened to moving forward, which is what the media and the music industry are supposed to be all about?
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw Simon & Cheryl being interviewed at News At One earlier today, they came across as a couple of phoneys cue their fake laughter altogether!!

From that interview, I was under the impression that Cheryl is desperate to flog her music career - whatever's left of it - from its dying days. Until this happened, I have had not heard anything newsworthy of what Cheryl was doing careerwise plus I don't care much for her and the same goes to Simon as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it disappointing both the X-Factor and Cheryl have taken such a big step back. Whatever happened to moving forward, which is what the media and the music industry are supposed to be all about?

It's about what ITV thinks will bring in the viewers. The viewing figures were very high the last time she was on the panel.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    The Xfactor has had it's day as has Cowell . The show is now the same boring formula year after year . America showed they are bored of Cowell and all his bag of tricks .

I like Cheryl and will probably watch the first show but Cheryl is not going to save his show this time .

XF is dying on it's arse and this is Cowells final attempt to flog a dead horse. Cole was always going to come back as her career is in the doldrums and she's getting silly money to utter such constructive critiques such as 'you're a reet little pop star' and 'I really liked that'
    Lots of people don't change their names back. My auntie still has her married name nearly 10 years after getting divorced. I know if I had to choose between Tweedy and Cole, I'd definitely be choosing Cole

Most people keep their name if there are kids involved in my experience.

I can't understand why anyone would want to keep the name of a man who had so publicly humiliated them personally
  • cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Cheryl and i'm glad her and Simon are coming back to the X-Factor ,only want Sharon (although i know she won't) and Louis and it'd be my ideal Panel
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why stupid bint on that page is asking why she's back because she can't sing. If this is going to be said, then why is Louis Walsh on the X Factor panel?

Whatever you may personally think of Louis Walsh, he has had remarkable success in the music industry. He's also never tried to sell himself as a singer, unlike Ms Cole
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These shows are all on their way out. Dancing on Ice has gone and I think BGT will be next, then the X Factor and eventually we'll see the end of IAC and Strictly as well. The continued success of IAC baffles me as it's IMO it's the most tired format of the lot. I only watch for Ant and Dec.

If Strictly gets a decent line up this year and if the rumours are true and the Beeb decides to put the new series of Doctor Who up against the X Factor then quite frankly ITV are screwed. New DW with a strong Strictly lead mean a ratings disaster for Simon.

bib: Agreed!
  • dumpty2dumpty2 Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    I just don't get what Simon is thinking. Where does he get the idea that Cheryl is going to save the Xfactor? The ratings will probably go up because of Simon returning and she'll bask in the glory instead!
    I guess after the way he treated her in the US he probably owes her one..........

I bet he's given her one...................
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There will come a day when viewers will get bored with the X Factor. Cowell's blatant manipulation of the show to get his chosen acts through isn't exactly a good thing. I think the show has life in it yet, but yeah, it's starting to live on borrowed time now.

I wouldn't mind if it was actually the whole genre of reality was done away with .... this show in particular has shown how "setup" it was and that was that year Jedward got through so far and guess who stuck the boot in and actually said "is this a talent show" ... can't remember the last part but it was Dannii Minogue who had the sense of getting rid, Cheryl in my opinion is in no way to judge people and their singing whilst she mimes and get applauded it for it (remember she got away with it on The Brits few years ago - you were meant to sing LIVE not mime the performance, that too was a final nail in a coffin for me), seems to me really as if the music industry is doing itself a favour killing it, no wonder single sales are still dropping as singles chart is beyond pointless and this is one show in my opinion has basically ruined it (including christmas #1's)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Chezza and I don't care who knows it ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrsMacBeth wrote: »
    One thing that puzzles me, why is she still using her married name now she is divorced? A simple change of name stat dec costing £100 could revert her back to Tweedy. Mmmm.

Because Tweedy is a horrible sounding name IMO. Plus has she not still got Mrs C tattooed on her neck ?
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's about what ITV thinks will bring in the viewers. The viewing figures were very high the last time she was on the panel.

As they were when Sharon Osbourne used to be on.

As another poster said above, it feels like they're moving backwards not moving forward.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Obviously, but it's no less of a disappointment. Also, like others in this thread, I thought by not returning to the show meant Cheryl had principles but it now seems like she was waiting for the right price and time. The fact her last album as was a massive flop and she's choosing now to return to the show after being so humiliated by Simon says to me she's hard up for work.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obviously, but it's no less of a disappointment. Also, like others in this thread, I thought by not returning to the show meant Cheryl had principles but it now seems like she was waiting for the right price and time. The fact her last album as was a massive flop and she's choosing now to return to the show after being so humiliated by Simon says to me she's hard up for work.

Battens down hatches as we are going to be bombarded with her on TV ads next (if we ain't at moment - pretty sure there is one) ..... :o

Irony of it all ..... she is in ads, music ain't doing that well goes back to X Factor "boosts" her sales then will again disappear into oblivion :D
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,800
    Forum Member
    Why can't we have a showbiz reporter who has the power to tell it like it is, her career has gone the pan and it was Splash or the X-Factor.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Why can't we have a showbiz reporter who has the power to tell it like it is, her career has gone the pan and it was Splash or the X-Factor.

There was an article on the DM website that said the only reason she's returning is because her star is on the wane. I can't seem to find it now though :confused:
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The coverage in the newspapers with all the made up nonsense surrounding her and Simon's relatonship is nothing short of pathetic.