Options

The baby boom thread (part 2)

Comments

• Options
    FearFactorFearFactor Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Hugh! Congratulations to you and Mrs Jboobs. :)

Mr F is also thinking about getting a vasectomy (this is the man who is scared of going to the dentist!) in the near future as he has decreed that 2 children is enough....yes I am pregnant again too!

Not quite sure how far along, but I think around 8-9 weeks.

Layla was 2 last week but unfortunately her birthday (and daddy's)was spoiled by the rotten cold she had, but she is on the mend now thankfully. She still isn't talking much but knows a bit of the alphabet and numbers up to 10, and has her own style of sign language that is very effective. :D
  • Options
    spimfspimf Posts: 6,342
    Forum Member
    Oh wow FF congratulations!!! :D
    I can't believe layla is 2, it doesn't seem 2 minutes since we were all pregnant.

No more babies for me yet but my sister and sister in law who both have big fertility problems are both pregnant and due within 3 weeks of each other :D

Logan had his nativity with nursery yesterday, it was really cute. His talking is coming along, especially with things he has an interest in, like football and guitars, or cars! we were just laughing at how Geordie he sounds when he says cake, I'll have to try and get a video it's so funny.
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely news FF and Mr Boobs

X
  • Options
    michelle666michelle666 Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations Mr Boobs and FF. I'm slightly jealous, although I'm looking forward to being able to have everything I craved last Christmas... mulled wine, pate and Baileys lol.

Amelia's 7 months now and still tiny, she was 13lb 2oz at her last weigh in 2 weeks ago. She's healthy, eating like a horse now we're weaning and hitting her milestones though, so we have no concerns really.
    Here's she is wishing you all a Merry Christmas.
    http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k218/elginshell/SAM_1554_zpsd5279cab.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Congratulations Mr Boobs and FF. I'm slightly jealous, although I'm looking forward to being able to have everything I craved last Christmas... mulled wine, pate and Baileys lol.

Amelia's 7 months now and still tiny, she was 13lb 2oz at her last weigh in 2 weeks ago. She's healthy, eating like a horse now we're weaning and hitting her milestones though, so we have no concerns really.

She is gorgeous. :)
  • Options
    FearFactorFearFactor Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks everyone :)

Oh Michelle she is a beauty! Always looks so alert and smiley in your pics. Merry Christmas Amelia x

Merry Christmas All!
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the words of congratulations, people. :)

So my wife went for an early scan yesterday. Basically, we had no idea how pregnant she was, since her cycles were all over the place. She'd had a bleed a couple of weeks ago which she thought was a period, but the GP concluded was a pregnancy bleed. To be on the safe side, she sent her for a scan at the hospital.

I couldn't go with her as I was working. But she was assessed by a nurse who told her it sounded like it was an ectopic pregnancy. Then she was sent through to the sonographer who did the scan.

But all was OK. The sonographer reckoned she's about six and a half weeks pregnant. There was even a heartbeat, which doesn't always show up this early, apparently.

So we're due in July or August. We'll know more at the dating scan which we get sometime in January I think.

My wife has developed some strange eating habits. She eats meat normally, but doesn't "love" it. She could happily be a vegetarian. However, since being pregnant, she has been choffing back sausages and bacon like there's no tomorrow! She even insisted we had beefburgers for dinner the other night, which is thoroughly unlike her! I'm quite happy about this though - she's pretty slim so I hope she puts on a bit of bulk. The previous two pregnancies she's stayed very slim - all baby, no excess weight! I daresay this one will be the same, but it'll be interesting to see. She hasn't had this sort of appetite before.

Anyway, I'll update again as and when I have anything new to add.

Thanks again for the congrats.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So pleased everything is ok. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Went for our 12 week scan last week. Everything OK, due in July. The wife wants to find out what we're having but I prefer a surprise!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So I'm gonna do another thread bump!

We're not far off now, only a few weeks. Need to put the finishing touches to the nursery and get a few more bits and bobs, so we feel more ready.

My wife has found this pregnancy pretty hard. She's much bigger with this one than she was at full term with either of the others. She's also had a chest infection recently. That, plus two young kids already to look after means it's hard. I obviously do my bit, but it's still tough for her.

She went for a growth scan the other day. They couldn't measure the head as it was too far down. But apparenty the growth of the abdomen has tailed off and isn't as big as it should be. They said it could be down to the fact that she's not been well recently. They didn't seem too concerned but told her to try and rest as much as possible and they're scanning her again in a couple of weeks to check the growth has progressed again.

Anyone had any experiences of this sort of thing?

Hope any other parents-to-be are getting on OK. Think Fear Factor was at a similar stage to my wife? Hope all is good.

We found out what we're having by the way. Another boy! My little girl was gutted as she wanted a sister, but she's come around. My little boy has no idea what's about to happen. I think his world will come crashing down when the baby arrives!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's gone so fast Hugh!

I think weights and measurements at this late stage can be pretty inaccurate. If the sonographer / MW's aren't worried then I wouldn't stress too much?

Hopefully the next scan will show all is OK? Keep us posted.

Baby RG #2 is on the way. Totally unplanned but a very happy surprise. Due date 20th January. Got my 12 week scan in 10 days. Told family and a work colleague (and now DS ha ha).

Am feeling fine considering I work FT and have a toddler
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's gone so fast Hugh!

I think weights and measurements at this late stage can be pretty inaccurate. If the sonographer / MW's aren't worried then I wouldn't stress too much?

Hopefully the next scan will show all is OK? Keep us posted.

Baby RG #2 is on the way. Totally unplanned but a very happy surprise. Due date 20th January. Got my 12 week scan in 10 days. Told family and a work colleague (and now DS ha ha).

Am feeling fine considering I work FT and have a toddler

I wish this thread would pick up again, I am sure it could be of value to new first mums.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So I'm gonna do another thread bump!

We're not far off now, only a few weeks. Need to put the finishing touches to the nursery and get a few more bits and bobs, so we feel more ready.

My wife has found this pregnancy pretty hard. She's much bigger with this one than she was at full term with either of the others. She's also had a chest infection recently. That, plus two young kids already to look after means it's hard. I obviously do my bit, but it's still tough for her.

She went for a growth scan the other day. They couldn't measure the head as it was too far down. But apparenty the growth of the abdomen has tailed off and isn't as big as it should be. They said it could be down to the fact that she's not been well recently. They didn't seem too concerned but told her to try and rest as much as possible and they're scanning her again in a couple of weeks to check the growth has progressed again.

Anyone had any experiences of this sort of thing?

Hope any other parents-to-be are getting on OK. Think Fear Factor was at a similar stage to my wife? Hope all is good.

We found out what we're having by the way. Another boy! My little girl was gutted as she wanted a sister, but she's come around. My little boy has no idea what's about to happen. I think his world will come crashing down when the baby arrives!

Nice to see the update Hugh and thanks for the lovely pm. Ava and her wee sister are having a wee brother and a wee sister. Ava is delighted at the wee brother as "wee sisters are boring" :D Congratulations Rainbowgirl too on your second baby. ;-);-)
  • Options
    spimfspimf Posts: 6,342
    Forum Member
    Congratulations Rainbow Girl!

Hugh don't worry too much about slowed growth, it likely is just down to your wife being poorly recently. It is good that they're going to check up on baby though, always best to be safe.

I am chuffed to see this thread active again, it was always so friendly and helpful!
  • Options
    LollytrollLollytroll Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    Didn't know there was a baby thread on DS, will check in from time to time. I have a 12 week old. (First and only one) Good luck to all those having babies I look forward to hearing what you had
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lollytroll wrote: »
    Didn't know there was a baby thread on DS, will check in from time to time. I have a 12 week old. (First and only one) Good luck to all those having babies I look forward to hearing what you had

Congratulations on your new baby Lollytroll and welcome to the Baby Thread. x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had dating scan today.

Baby was fine, I am measuring bang on what I thought and we are low risk again.

James is going to have a baby brother (or even sister, but I think boy) in January

X
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good news Rainbowgirl. Are you going to find out what you're having, or get a surprise?

We had another scan end of last week. The growth has picked up again so the consultant was unconcerned. Wife is technically full term next week, so has promised me lots of "us time" in the hope that it helps bring on labour. She's desperate to get the baby out now!

Yes.....before anyone says it - she'd have to be desperate to want to do that with me! >:(>:(>:(:D;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha, I remember the whole operation "get baby out" - didn't bloody work :o

I am glad the growth has picked up, I suspected it would but it's good news that they are keeping such a good eye on your wife.

Not long to go now at all? It's such an exciting time! A

I think we will find out this time, having a surprise last time was mind blowing and if I had my way we'd wait but OH wants to find out (and has some good reasons why ) so I guess we will

I am pretty sure we have another boy anyway!

Only 7 weeks and 1 day to wait :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's great news that both your babies are measuring correctly. I remember that was one of my biggest worries she I was pregnant.

Huge hope you get your special time to bring on the baby, I promised my husband the same thing, but my monkey arrived 3 weeks early so it never happened. Poor Mr Lollytoll
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So my son was born in the early hours of Monday morning, weighing 8lb 4oz. Labour a bit longer than the last one, very painful for the wife but she did amazingly throughout, needing only gas and air. Very proud of her.

Mother and baby are fine, they came home the next day.

He's a very chilled out little chap compared to my previous two. He sleeps through all the noise and commotion going on around him. We're praying that we've got a good sleeper - third time lucky!

Very happy. But three is more than enough and as soon as I can I'm getting down the vasectomy clinic!
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Congratulations!! Lovely news.
  • Options
    sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    Congratulations Mr and Mrs Jboobs! :)
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations on the baby Hugh, what are you calling him? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Congrats, fantastic news