Options

The GD Refugee Thread : for all the reprobates

Comments

• Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    Evenin!

As I have wondered on countless occasions, what do women need alllllllll these shoes for?? ^_^

Well ...

(Clears throat) I usually buy only one pair of work shoes at a time but wearing them everyday makes them get ruined much quicker so it's not long before I have to buy a new pair. I end up buying work shoes every 6 weeks so today I thought buying more shoes in a variety of colours to match my pretty dresses would give me more option and in turn means the shoes will last longer thus saving money in the long run. :)

What d'ya think? You buying it? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fizix wrote: »
    Welcome back Izzy, aside from the purse I hope you had a nice time.

Kitty, glad you had a nice day

Thanks Fizix :)

I noticed earlier on in the week things were a bit tough for you. I hope they are better now.
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah especially when it's good weather, it can get insanely busy! Though, to be honest, it's never quiet all year round.

Just as well or you'd be out of a job I suppose.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome back Izzy, aside from the purse I hope you had a nice time.

Kitty, glad you had a nice day

Thanks Fizix. There were some slightly cringe moments but relatively few arguments overall I'd say, so it could have been worse *phew* lol :)
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitty86 wrote: »
    Well ...

(Clears throat) I usually buy only one pair of work shoes at a time but wearing them everyday makes them get ruined much quicker so it's not long before I have to buy a new pair. I end up buying work shoes every 6 weeks so today I thought buying more shoes in a variety of colours to match my pretty dresses would give me more option and in turn means the shoes will last longer thus saving money in the long run. :)

Well not buying as much as you are, obviously! :p I guess it's therapy of some kind...shoe therapy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Just as well or you'd be out of a job I suppose.

Indeed... also, busy means the day goes quicker. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well ...

I meant to say I only tend to buy one or two pairs of work shoes a year(!) :o I suppose I sit quite often in my job, rather than being on my feet all the time, though it varies from day to day.

I prefer comfy casual trainers to heels any day mind you, as far as non-work shoes are concerned :D
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Fizix :)

I noticed earlier on in the week things were a bit tough for you. I hope they are better now.

Thanks, I think it'll be quite a while before things are properly better I'm afraid, but things are OK.
    Thanks Fizix. There were some slightly cringe moments but relatively few arguments overall I'd say, so it could have been worse *phew* lol :)

Well cringe moments aside, I hope you had fun. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I meant to say I only tend to buy one or two pairs of work shoes a year(!) :o I suppose I sit quite often in my job, rather than being on my feet all the time, though it varies from day to day.

I prefer comfy casual trainers to heels any day mind you, as far as non-work shoes are concerned :D

Well that's the thing in my previous roles it was mostly sitting down so one pair of sturdy work boots was fine but now I'm out of the office more than in, I park my car at another station and catch train and walk in now, also I'm up and down on trains to a variety of areas and stations doing testing of new products so it's a lot more wearing on flat ballet style shoes than what an average day used to be. Plus in this heat they start to pong a bit 😳
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that's the thing in my previous roles it was mostly sitting down so one pair of sturdy work boots was fine but now I'm out of the office more than in, I park my car at another station and catch train and walk in now, also I'm up and down on trains to a variety of areas and stations doing testing of new products so it's a lot more wearing on flat ballet style shoes than what an average day used to be. Plus in this heat they start to pong a bit 😳

That makes sense - sounds like a pretty tiring job?. I heard you've been having a bit of a heatwave down south, humidity in cities is no fun. It was pretty humid here too a few weeks back - we get rain and overcast days but with really sticky, sweaty humidity too = no fun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks, I think it'll be quite a while before things are properly better I'm afraid, but things are OK.

Well cringe moments aside, I hope you had fun. :)

Yeah I did, thanks and my teeth are all in one piece (or seem to be, anyway lol), which is a relief. I'm hoping the brace can come off before next summer, its a real pain being restricted on what to eat and drink generally, let alone on a summer holiday.

Whats been going on? sorry to hear things aren't so going so well(?).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I did, thanks and my teeth are all in one piece (or seem to be, anyway lol), which is a relief. I'm hoping the brace can come off before next summer, its a real pain being restricted on what to eat and drink generally, let alone on a summer holiday.

Whats been going on? sorry to hear things aren't so going so well(?).

That's all good :)

The BIB, I'll send you a summary via PM, I'm not posting anything publicly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's all good :)

The BIB, I'll send you a summary via PM, I'm not posting anything publicly.

I hope everything's good for you really soon. :)
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    As I have wondered on countless occasions, what do women need alllllllll these shoes for?? ^_^

Hubby or partner needs shoes too.
    I can't multi quote on my phone :-(

Then learn. :p
    I don't even know how to multi quote with the PC on DS, but don't tell anybody else, so you know I'm having a larf.
  • Options
    RednellRednell Posts: 2,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Shoes are to match outfits, non? One wouldn't wear scratty trainers with a ballgown, or high heels at the gym.

Welcome back, Izzy! *waves*

Hope things are ok, Fizix.
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Massive couple of farts this morning. Really window rattlers. 7/10. Happy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vosne wrote: »

Wet or dry? :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jra wrote: »
    Hubby or partner needs shoes too.

Then learn. :p
    I don't even know how to multi quote with the PC on DS, but don't tell anybody else, so you know I'm having a larf.

See now I'm going to multi quote on my Ipad to show off :p

Rednell wrote: »
    Morning!

Shoes are to match outfits, non? One wouldn't wear scratty trainers with a ballgown, or high heels at the gym.

Well you see this is where I was going wrong I was just relying on one pair of flat black shoes to get me through but now I have treated myself to a range of new pretty dresses of different colours it was only right to get the shoes to match :D

That makes sense - sounds like a pretty tiring job?. I heard you've been having a bit of a heatwave down south, humidity in cities is no fun. It was pretty humid here too a few weeks back - we get rain and overcast days but with really sticky, sweaty humidity too = no fun.

Yeah it is quite tiring but I do really enjoy it, I'm not really one to do the same computer desk job in and out 5 days a week so I really enjoy the change of scenery and the not knowing what each day will bring. It has been very humid and uncomfortably hot for a few days but I'm not going to complain as it beats the cold hands down. It's also nice to be out of the office for the nice weather as well.

In GD what with the girl missing a treat for not having 100% attendance and the father beating the sex offender threads I really have to try hard and remember the posters in those are not the same as the general consensus of the population.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rednell wrote: »
    Morning!

Thanks *waves back* speaking of clothes, I've noticed lately some slightly strange clothing combinations, what is probably regarded as 'the casual smart combo'. I'm thinking of people on TV who wear a shirt and formal jacket but with jeans and no tie lol ties seem to be right out of fashion, certainly on news shows like the BBC news bulletins, they wear shirts but no ties anymore. Fascinating stuff, huh? lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...Yeah it is quite tiring but I do really enjoy it, I'm not really one to do the same computer desk job in and out 5 days a week so I really enjoy the change of scenery and the not knowing what each day will bring. It has been very humid and uncomfortably hot for a few days but I'm not going to complain as it beats the cold hands down. It's also nice to be out of the office for the nice weather as well.

In GD what with the girl missing a treat for not having 100% attendance and the father beating the sex offender threads I really have to try hard and remember the posters in those are not the same as the general consensus of the population.

Each to their own :) personally I prefer having a more basic job, where I know what im to do and I just get on with it. If only things were that easy lol I guess that can be quite unfulfilling and boring though...oh well, swings and roundabouts and all that(!).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talking of shoes and all that, I really like the look of these (their a sort of sandal/trainer combo):- http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DM8QW7C/ref=dra_a_sm_mr_hn_it_P1400_1000?tag=dradisplay0bb-21&ascsubtag=4a251a2ef9bbf4ccc35f97aba2c9cbda
    I have a pair of similar Earth Spirit shoes which are really good. I only wore those on holiday because they were so comfy and were good to walk about town in etc. but I'm not familiar with that shoe brand so can't be sure if I'd need a 6.5 or a 7, as im usually a size 6.5, though im a 7 for the Earth Spirit shoes. At under £25 for a pair, im sorely tempted to order a pair but I don't know...hmmm!. I managed to order a second pair of the Earth Spirit ones on Ebay after I got home last night too, seems size 7 sells out seriously quick, there was only one pair left in white on Ebay so had to buy it quick(!) eek. I'm not particularly keen on white, so I might end up wearing these beige ones if they fit well but you can never tell...ahh dilemmas!. I'd chuck out the pair of sandals that gave me a nasty blister, if I get those as well though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope everything's good for you really soon. :)

vosne wrote: »

I do hope Ms V is OK! 😱😱😱
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gosh today has been boring lol me and shoes, what the heck? that shows what a boring life I lead, to post all that haha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh today has been boring lol me and shoes, what the heck? that shows what a boring life I lead, to post all that haha

You've just been away to Spain, I'd hardly call that boring. :)
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member

You've just been on holiday. That's hardly boring.

=

I saw some nice butterflies today, including a blue one.

Another nice day today. I took some photos in the local designated wildlife haven.

Here's a couple.

Marbled White butterfly.
    http://i59.tinypic.com/2nvvwxx.jpg

I'm not sure what this one is. Could be a Small or Essex Skipper.
    http://i58.tinypic.com/30ku54j.jpg

I saw an Chalkhill (Adonis/Common) Blue (*), Brimstone, Ringlet, Meadow Brown, Gatekeeper, Large White as well.

(*) They all look so similar. :blush:
This discussion has been closed.