LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 29)

Comments

• Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting poll result on the LBC webpage:

Opinion Poll

Are The Royal Family Worth 56p Per Person?
    74.2% No
    25.8% Yes
    Thanks for your vote
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is all speculation. Maybe she was 'head-hunted' . Maybe she saw a new job opportunity come up. Why does everyone think she was somehow pushed?

I don't know her tweet address, but why cannot somebody that does follow her, just ask why she left LBC? She can either ignore you, or say "none of your business" or give you answer. If it is one of the first two, does it really hurt and if the latter then we will all know.

@amandakredman
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Wonder why the presenters take a week at a time off? Do they not get much time off?

I think that most, if not all are self-employed. If they are not working they are not getting paid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The caption writer on the LBC website appears not to be familiar with cockney rhyming slang:

Shock Images Of Woman Punched In Bristol

No, it's her boat race!

As it is Sky News that provide the story, maybe they are also responsible for the headline.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think that most, if not all are self-employed. If they are not working they are not getting paid.

Unlike YOU. >:(>:( *Foams at the mouth with jealousy*

:o
    /|\
  • Options
    makeba72makeba72 Posts: 5,723
    Forum Member

Unless they have some deal about holidays, I suppose. I always wonder why the majority take time off over Xmas - whether it's their choice, or whether LBC plan a varied schedule for season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    makeba72 wrote: »
    Unless they have some deal about holidays, I suppose. I always wonder why the majority take time off over Xmas - whether it's their choice, or whether LBC plan a varied schedule for season.

Probably the married ones want to be with their families over Xmas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chinchin wrote: »
    Unlike YOU. >:(>:( *Foams at the mouth with jealousy*

:o
    /|\

(BIB) so were you the Chief Foamarmeister then?

I am unemployed (retired!). But still have enough dosh for the luxury yacht ;-)
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Great, just what I want to hear to help me through another airless sleepless night - Sam Pittis with a topic about 'should we eat dogs'? He says he thinks we should.

CLICKY OFF, Sam Pitiful.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^I can recall one "it's early in the morning so give me something light I can listen to until I drop off" times in the distant past when I turned on my fav talk station (coulda mean LBC, coulda been TalkRadio) only to find they were talking about bestiality. Definitely NOT what I was after.
  • Options
    balthasarbalthasar Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    makeba72 wrote: »

A varied schedule for the season would be nice with varied topics (including the f-word topic fun.)
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably the married ones want to be with their families over Xmas.

Possibly there is less things too talk about over Christmas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are we seeing a pattern at LBC?:

Susan Bookbinder

Martina Rosenlova

Fenella Fudge

Tania Snuggs

Gertrude Toffeeapple

Beryl Banana?
  • Options
    clitheroe1clitheroe1 Posts: 4,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam Pittis has such a calm and soothing voice, great for the radio. I always enjoy his show when he covers for Cristo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    clitheroe1 wrote: »
    Sam Pittis has such a calm and soothing voice, great for the radio. I always enjoy his show when he covers for Cristo.

Sorry clitheroe I am with Rm on Sam Pittis. I hope Pittis' views were him playing devil's advocate.
  • Options
    CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    Sorry clitheroe I am with Rm on Sam Pittis. I hope Pittis' views were him playing devil's advocate.

I heard Sam Pittis reeling off what he was going to discuss before his show started, so luckily I was spared listening to "shall we eat dogs" topic - I just switched off his entire show. I couldn't help thinking at the time, some presenters must be so desperate to get the phone lines ringing they'll stoop to anything. >:(
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are we seeing a pattern at LBC?:

Susan Bookbinder

Martina Rosenlova

Fenella Fudge

Tania Snuggs

Gertrude Toffeeapple

Beryl Banana?

Radio 2 did it a while ago - Fenella Fudge, Colin Berry, Andrew Peach and Ricky Salmon
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Radio 2 did it a while ago - Fenella Fudge, Colin Berry, Andrew Peach and Ricky Salmon

*Sighs* Nothing new under the sun then. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Steve is obsessed with Cheryl Cole.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    84850 - SA said it 3 times in 20 seconds this morning .........I was hoping he would break his current record for more than 3 mentions in a minute with this very good showing so early on but it was not to be :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    84850 - SA said it 3 times in 20 seconds this morning .........I was hoping he would break his record for 3 in a minute with this very good showing so early on but it was not to be :(

I just wish he wouldn't keep on smacking his lips or whatever that noise is. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know what's keeping Kay Burley away for the second week running? I'm rather hoping she's been permanently detained elsewhere. Perhaps chin has put her in his dungeon. :o
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cayce wrote: »
    Does anyone know what's keeping Kay Burley away for the second week running? I'm rather hoping she's been permanently detained elsewhere. Perhaps chin has put her in his dungeon. :o

I think she's on duty for Sky news in Amsterdam. I hope they aren't letting her anywhere near the bereaved relatives.

Morning all. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think she's on duty for Sky news in Amsterdam. I hope they aren't letting her anywhere near the bereaved relatives.

Morning all. :)

Quite. Burley's 'me, me, me first' attitude would hardly be ideal.
This discussion has been closed.