Options

Page Eight

ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,078
Forum Member
Is anyone going to be watching this? I'm really hoping for a decent British drama because there hasn't been much competition over the last few years.

From the trailer is looks really good. It's got Michael Gambon in it, who I think is great:) Also Bill Nighy, Ralph Fiennes and Rachel Weisz

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've set it it to record ILW, will watch later. It's Strike Back then TK1 for me tonight for my live viewing.

It's a one off drama- right.

PS
    Good morning:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've set it it to record ILW, will watch later. It's Strike Back then TK1 for me tonight for my live viewing.

It's a one off drama- right.

PS
    Good morning:)

Hello BK and top of the morning to you:D

Yes I think it's a one-off. I might have to record it because I can stay up tonight and watch TK! No work to get up early for tomorrow. Oh joy of joys:):)

Is this going to be the second episode of Strike Back? I saw the first series and enjoyed that, but so far I haven't seen any of this series. Any good?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello BK and top of the morning to you:D

Yes I think it's a one-off. I might have to record it because I can stay up tonight and watch TK! No work to get up early for tomorrow. Oh joy of joys:):)

Is this going to be the second episode of Strike Back? I saw the first series and enjoyed that, but so far I haven't seen any of this series. Any good?

Will look forward to catching up with you in the TK-Rewatch thread if you can keep your eyes open;):D

Strike Back: Project Dawn is the second season and it's a ten parter this time. It's a coproduction between Sky and US broadcasters Premium & HBO.

Here's Wiki's take on it. Mildly spoilerish but not too bad
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strike_Back:_Project_Dawn

If you liked the first one then this is even better( well on the basis of one ep it is) It is violent and contains lots of rumpy pumpy though- so it might be a bit OTT for a delicate flower like yourself:p:D:D

PS
    Episode 1 is still on Anytime if that is any good for you. I don't know how you view stuff-PVRs etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Will look forward to catching up with you in the TK-Rewatch thread if you can keep your eyes open;):D

Strike Back: Project Dawn is the second season and it's a ten parter this time. It's a coproduction between Sky and US broadcasters Premium & HBO.

Here's Wiki's take on it. Mildly spoilerish but not too bad
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strike_Back:_Project_Dawn

If you liked the first one then this is even better( well on the basis of one ep it is) It is violent and contains lots of rumpy pumpy though- so it might be a bit OTT for a delicate flower like yourself:p:D:D

PS
    Episode 1 is still on Anytime if that is any good for you. I don't know how you view stuff-PVRs etc.

I'll try to stay awake for TK, no guarantees though as I always seem to start off watching something then find I've missed the end because I've nodded off:o Old age, no doubt you'll quip:D

I'm all for a bit of rumpy pumpy;) no complaints there. I heard Richard Armitage was killed off in the first episode:( so that's a minus point

I can watch the first episode on Anytime then, thanks for telling me. I have access to iplayer, Anytime, 4od etc so no problems catching up with missed progs
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen Page Eight; it's fair enough, but I wouldn't say it sets the heather on fire either. Good acting though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    I've seen Page Eight; it's fair enough, but I wouldn't say it sets the heather on fire either. Good acting though.

I take it you saw the film at the Edinburgh Film Festival? There are some really good actors in it so that part of it should be good, but I'll give it a go
  • Options
    kernow19kernow19 Posts: 1,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure it will be excellent. There's talk of making it into a series, I believe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kernow19 wrote: »
    I'm sure it will be excellent. There's talk of making it into a series, I believe.

I thought there could be the possibility of that. Spooks won't be renewed when it's tenth series has ended.....a replacement maybe?
  • Options
    GlengavelGlengavel Posts: 1,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The preview I read in today's paper was distinctly lukewarm; in fact the reviewer gave it a right kicking. It sounds like a spy thriller with all the thrill taken out of it. Probably give it a go anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Glengavel wrote: »
    The preview I read in today's paper was distinctly lukewarm; in fact the reviewer gave it a right kicking. It sounds like a spy thriller with all the thrill taken out of it. Probably give it a go anyway.

It's not sounding good, is it? I'll watch it and make my own mind up, but I suppose they've done the usual thing of taking the few good bits in the show and making it into a trailer so it looks absolutely unmissable!
  • Options
    kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is anyone going to be watching this? I'm really hoping for a decent British drama because there hasn't been much competition over the last few years.

From the trailer is looks really good. It's got Michael Gambon in it, who I think is great:) Also Bill Nighy, Ralph Fiennes and Rachel Weisz

yes we're going to watch it, i love bill nighy and it has a great cast, story looks good too:)
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Glengavel wrote: »

TBH I wasn't inspired by the clip I saw - I love Bill Nighy but his delivery was so slow I found it boring in just a minute or so. i know I shouldnt judge from that and will give it a go, but I'm not expecting great things
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member
    I'm loving the quality of this.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    diary_room wrote: »

Can't see anything 'wrong' with it.
    Some very handsome women too.
    The PM, Home Secretary/Deputy PM are extremely punchable.
    Shame I missed the first 20.
  • Options
    owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member

Me too. I'm glad I stuck with it.
  • Options
    MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really enjoyed it.

PM Alec Beasley should of resigned
  • Options
    thedarklordthedarklord Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I might be the only person who feels this way but I was slightly underwhelmed and I usually liked slow paced dramas. The acting was great and it was very stylish but there wasn't a 'punch' in it if you know what I mean. I still enjoyed but I didn't think it was brilliant.
  • Options
    PrinceOfDenmarkPrinceOfDenmark Posts: 2,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was top notch acting all round.
  • Options
    catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The dialogue was all very theatrical instead of screeny, but I enjoyed it. But the Radio Times cast list said Larry David was in it, playing a character called "Laurence". I never saw him; did anyone else?
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this was extremely good.
    OK it wasn't spectacular, but given the rubbish we've been getting lately in the schedules and that for me, there's not a lot that's interesting on BBC2 and very little worth watching on BBC1 at any time, it's no more than we deserve.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member
    What I didn't buy was any serious suggestion of reshaping MI5 into a Dept of Homeland Security, and the idea that any British PM could be an all powerful 'price of darkness' type person. Very watchable though.
  • Options
    LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't see Larry David, either. Anyway, I enjoyed it. Don't watch much English TV lately (nothing much to watch) as I've been catching up with the American shows. I wanted more of Saskia Reeves, though. She really the stole the scene that she was in.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I didn't buy was any serious suggestion of reshaping MI5 into a Dept of Homeland Security, and the idea that any British PM could be an all powerful 'price of darkness' type person. Very watchable though.

I think they could be the "price of darkness" but "prince" no!

(sorry!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
    Forum Member
    Thought it was pretty good mainly to the acting, Bill Nighy is always excellent. I think the Larry David who was credited as being in it was a different Larry David, probably this one

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3787977/
  • Options
    sparkie70sparkie70 Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Bill Nighy is in something I tend to watch it. Someone today did mention this show but forgot & I missed the first half hour.
    Good story & good acting.