Options

People at school had Diana's 'With or Without you' on their ipods!

.Kooky..Kooky. Posts: 620
Forum Member
✭✭
It was so great!:D I came into school this morning and people were listening to their ipods, and one girl said "I absolutely love this song!" And everyone agreed. So I asked which song it was and she replied that it was With or Without you.. this interested me because Diana had only sung it two days ago, and before I even had the chance to ask, she claimed it wasnt' the U2 version... but Diana Vicker's from X Factor.!!:D:D I was so happy!

So yeah, she's the talk of my year at the moment! Even all the boys like her... because she's 'well fit':rolleyes:

:cool:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From people I've spoke to at uni, the general consensus is that Diana's the best thing to ever go on the X-factor. I've actually got her on my ipod too - she's great to listen to on the train in the morning - gets me in the mood for work.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got her peformance on my iPod and everyone wanted to listen to it! :D

In my maths class, we were talking about it and literally every person that watches the X Factor bar one wants her to win. She's easily the favourite in my form group as well. I thought this was quite an achievement since I got to an all girls school and the girls there never seem to be fans of pretty, teenage girls on these kind of shows!
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    .Kooky. wrote: »
    It was so great!:D I came into school this morning and people were listening to their ipods, and one girl said "I absolutely love this song!" And everyone agreed. So I asked which song it was and she replied that it was With or Without you.. this interested me because Diana had only sung it two days ago, and before I even had the chance to ask, she claimed it wasnt' the U2 version... but Diana Vicker's from X Factor.!!:D:D I was so happy!

So yeah, she's the talk of my year at the moment! Even all the boys like her... because she's 'well fit':rolleyes:

:cool:

I'd like it on mine but how TF do you get a song from the telly on you ipod?:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have it on my phone so does my mate and my mates that watch X Factor want her or JLS to win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the girls there never seem to be fans of pretty, teenage girls on these kind of shows!

Most girls on these kinds of shows seem pretty self-obsessed and full of themselves which other girls really hate (I admit to it, I'm one of them!) but Diana doesn't come across like that at all - she seems like a genuine, lovely person which makes her incredibly endearing to everyone, girls, boys and adults alike.
  • Options
    cpikey316_cpikey316_ Posts: 1,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You lot are mad! her singing is AWFUL! I was amazed she didnt go

A cat being tortured comes to mind....
  • Options
    Adrian01Adrian01 Posts: 1,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think girls will relate to Laura, she's to slutty. That dress she wore on saturday was awful. In my college 98% of the people i speak to about X factor always come with the same responses when i ask who did you like the best - "The blonde girl" :D
  • Options
    .Kooky..Kooky. Posts: 620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cpikey316_ wrote: »

So you know what a cat being tortured sounds like?:rolleyes:

People are hilarious, they really can't seem to stand that Diana is actually popular! And yes, I agree with the comments that girls are usually never fans of the female singers... seems to have worked with Diana!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Theres always 1 in a million people who dont have any sort of music taste. Im guessing you thought scott's version of yeh yeh was so awesome?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been downloaded 746 times from where I uploded it and 319 from the mp3 thread on this forum - so that's over 1000 times. I am sure people are passing it around as well if it's got this far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A different opinion does not make fans of Diana 'mad'. :)
    Adrian01 wrote: »
    In my college 98% of the people i speak to about X factor always come with the same responses when i ask who did you like the best - "The blonde girl" :D
    That's what my Biology teacher responded with when I asked her. :o:D
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The good thing about Diana is that she appeals to both boys and girls I think and her contemporary style and unique voice does appeal to the target audience of X Factor and the individuals that do go out and buy singles/download these days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh by the way my mum cried during diana's performance, and she always cries during performances of people that win !!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Then you obviously know jack-all about singing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh by the way my mum cried during diana's performance, and she always cries during performances of people that win !!!!!!!!!!
    Go Adrian's mum! ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theres always 1 in a million people who dont have any sort of music taste. Im guessing you thought scott's version of yeh yeh was so awesome?

Actually no, I thought they were all fairly mediocre to be honest. Eoghan or JLS were the only 2 that stood out in any way for me.
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm realy surprised how many people seem to like Diana. I thought she'd be really unpopular. I, personally, think she's great and I reckon she's going to grow on me even more as the competition goes on. But her style is quite outside the norm and I expected that most people wouldn't "get" her.

Perhaps I'm just turning into a cynical old man!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    I'm realy surprised how many people seem to like Diana. I thought she'd be really unpopular. I, personally, think she's great and I reckon she's going to grow on me even more as the competition goes on. But her style is quite outside the norm and I expected that most people wouldn't "get" her.

I think the youh of today want something edgy and different. We're sick of the same old same old crap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .Kooky. wrote: »
    People are hilarious, they really can't seem to stand that Diana is actually popular! And yes, I agree with the comments that girls are usually never fans of the female singers... seems to have worked with Diana!:D

Doesnt bother me that shes popular, if people like her then that is their choice, doesnt mean I have to agree with it!

Her voice seems quite weak, and stuttery.(having just listened to it again!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »

I am shocked at how popular she is. I love her, but like you, I didn't think many people would get her. But it seems they do, and that's great! It's nice to see someone a little different on the XF. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have it on my ipod too. It's already the 281th most played song on it (there's 744 songs on there so that's quite an achievement! :p)
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am shocked at how popular she is. I love her, but like you, I didn't think many people would get her. But it seems they do, and that's great! It's nice to see someone a little different on the XF. :)

I've gotta give it to Cheryl, too. I never expected her to go with a singer like Diana. I seriously thought she would pick Hannah over her and was surprised when she didn't.

Never thought of Cheryl Cole to be the type to go for the unusual singers, nor the type to take a risk on someone the public might not get (which she admitted herself at one point, IIRC)

I think I may have badly pre-judged Mrs. Cole prior to X-Factor and I take it all back now. I'm positive her category will win this year (it ought to, cos all three girls are top singers) I'm still hesitant as to whether enoguh of the public will get Diana for her to be the one to win, but I'm being proved wrong at every turn on this one (and quite happily, too!) so she may just have enough to go all the way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's on my iPod aswell :D
  • Options
    bigbro24bigbro24 Posts: 11,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's no surprise that she appeals to school kids
    i think it was cheryl that said early on that kids would love her
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJ92 wrote: »
    It's on my iPod aswell :D

And mine.

Also, it's not just school 'kids' that like her.
    People in my college class do too. One girl was converted to a Diana fan after watching her first live performance.
    I'm satisfied :D

However, she also likes Austin. I will change this...:p