Options

Why are there never any gay couples on Pointless?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,861
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »
    I was going to say that as well.

Me too :D They were very into each other, especially the bike comment :p
  • Options
    bokononbokonon Posts: 2,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deal or no Deal has to be the one with the most ethnics groups . There is nearly always an African in a Nelson Mandela shirt , Indian woman , Chinese , Phillipino , and always a few Muslims with names like Mo and Billie to sound more British . I guess DoD attracts because they don't have to answer any questions . But you try getting on Deal ,i know many ordinary white people, that have applied, never get selected .

Should one (A) laugh or (B) cry when contemplating Noel Edmonds' contribution to the decline 'ordinary white people' by denying them the opportunity to open boxes.

Speaking as one of the 'ordinary white people' I find my fellow 'ordinary white people' increasingly terrifying. Or at least the ones who post on message boards.

But to the Point(less). In general Pointless is a lovely inclusive programme. If it was true that there were never any gay people on it then that would be a problem but there are, so panic over.
  • Options
    Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,406
    Forum Member
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    I just don't see why anyone's sexuality should have any bearing on answering questions on a quiz show.

Maybe the LGBT couples they do have on Pointless, do not want to be perceived to be as thick and shallow as the gay couples they seem to favour using on Channel 4 (Gogglebox / Million Pound Drop etc)

Maybe the BBC contestant researchers are a bit more discerning.
  • Options
    CyberdameCyberdame Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    I just don't see why anyone's sexuality should have any bearing on answering questions on a quiz show.

I tend to agree wholeheartedly. Gay people can be very entertaining on Pointless. However, I do think they sometimes get an unfair advantage when the question is about musicals. :o:)