New Companion wishlist

13»

Comments

• Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I think Addison is just a guest character for the finale.
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom Tit wrote: »
    Female. Physically attractive. Good actress.

Oh sorry, are we not supposed to be honest?

Some unattractive hag please.

Gender no problem. Attractiveness irrelevant. Acting ability, OK, good would help.

Oh sorry, are we not supposed to be honest?

Tokenistic totty, please.

(Not, for the record, that that's what I think we've got, or ever had)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theophile wrote: »
    Yup. Romana and Tegan and K-9 and Kamelion. (Ok, the last one sucked, but the others were great.) :)

Thank you!!!! :D Someone who gets it ^_^
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    I think Addison is just a guest character for the finale.
    But that could be where the bookies (or a few punters) have got his name from - "he's listed as being a guest in the Finale, so he's probably the next companion" (not that I would think that this idea is in any way credible)
  • starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrfipp wrote: »
    After some discussion on Tumblr, I've decided that I want a group of over the top individuals to be in the TARDIS. I would love to watch Doctor Who and think "What the hell am I looking at?" when I see the main characters.

Anyone see "Guardians of the Galaxy"? The five leads of that movie are very unlikely characters to be the stars of anything, yet that movie killed because it was such a diverse cast.

Give me a Irish nun from the 1400's. Give me a cyborg cop from Japan six-hundred years from now. Five me a six-six alien made of rock.

That is something I would love to see.

Yeah but Guardians of the galaxy also had the main character as a 30 something human from earth, who provides a clear link to our planet, which would provide pop-culture/ human references and insight.
    Forum Member
    That list is just weird though.

That being said, Rose Leslie is a likelihood out of that entire list and even some of the tabloids are running with the idea. So it's probably not her then.
  • starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    But that could be where the bookies (or a few punters) have got his name from - "he's listed as being a guest in the Finale, so he's probably the next companion" (not that I would think that this idea is in any way credible)

Chris Addison? Please no, such a smug annoying man-child.
    Forum Member
    starsailor wrote: »
    Chris Addison? Please no, such a smug annoying man-child.

Agreed. I don't mind him being in the finale but a companion - no thanks.
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    But in the past, the show was able to have characters from non-technological
    societies (Jamie and Leela) and they were able to accomodate them without
    slowing down the dialogue with explanations. No reason why they couldn't
    have another such companion-they could have the Doc explain stuff off-screen,
    and this could be reflected in the companion's dialogue ("Oh, this is one of those
    "smart phones" people use now! ;-) ).

Mostly because everything required exposition! But my main point was that although I don't think historical character pose any problems for character identification, it is one more thing for the writers to juggle. It's all too easy for the character to be defined by their 'otherness' rather than their personality.
  • Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The list is daft. I would love Rose Leslie to be the next companion though!

However I can't see it happening
    Forum Member
    It is a daft list, completely plucked out of thin air.

Still wouldn't mind Rose though.
  • teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rose Leslie please!!!!!!!!!
  • piimapoikapiimapoika Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    Best ever companion was Catherine Tate. I would like to see her back if she can be spared from the Big School. Second best was Frazer Hines. He is still around, so he could come back as well.
  • sqwidge1978sqwidge1978 Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rusty
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    I think the next companion should turn out to be the "big bad" by the end of the series... perhaps the master in disguise! :o

Other options:
    - A famous person from history (Agatha Christie disappeared in real life for a while)
    - A sassy/highly opinionated child (8 - 10yrs old)
    - Identical twins
    - some one that does not speak English (they are subtitled for the audience)

Worst case:
    - Skippy the bush Kangaroo
    Forum Member
    No kids. Just no. Sorry.
  • lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    No kids. Just no. Sorry.

There's no way they're going to have a child.

I don't want an older female companion because then that would bring back the romantic possibility.