Ipad Mini availability ?

124»

Comments

• NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,150
    Forum Member
    Rizzler78 wrote: »
    I had a further email from Dixons telling me they had no more updates ! Interestingly they sent the email to approximately 250 other people, with their email addresses included. Is that a breach of the data protection act ?

Ooooooooh :eek: complete bungle by someone, someone who hasn't got the sense to realise that's not a good thing to do!
  • S-T-E-V-ES-T-E-V-E Posts: 853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ordered mine on Friday from Argos and it's coming tomorrow. 32GB in White :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    There are plenty of 32 GB Ipad Minis about, the shortage is in the 16 GB.
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sigh.... I don't think there's much chance of getting one this side of Christmas now.
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sigh.... I don't think there's much chance of getting one this side of Christmas now.

Why didn't you just order online from Apple at the end of November? You'd have had it delivered by now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    I ordered one from Apple on 3 December and it arrived today.
  • Mrs Cee JayMrs Cee Jay Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't 't realize they were in short supply. I went into the Apple shop in Cribbs Causeway at the end of last week, and picked one up straight away.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    JUST GOT AN EMAIL CURRYS HAVE THEM TO ORDER ONLINE? JUST ORDERED MINE,! Xx
  • TokyoTokyo Posts: 8,531
    Forum Member
    Rizzler78 wrote: »
    There are plenty of 32 GB Ipad Minis about, the shortage is in the 16 GB.

Same here even at the Apple Store in Ginza mind u the wifi only version retails at 28,000 Yen, cheaper than rip-off Britain I bet - how much is it in Pounds? One year warranty then you have to pay 8,000Yen for a further year's cover and there is the option of paying 4 thousand Yen more for Apple Care in case you drop it etc.
  • kookiethekatkookiethekat Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know anywhere that have the 16gb ones? Seem to have looked everywhere

I also didn't realise there would be a shortage, not that it mattered anyway as I only got paid yesterday
  • James30James30 Posts: 5,201
    Forum Member
    My iPad Mini was ordered two weeks ago on the Apple website and won't be delivered until January 8th:confused:

My order is in Ireland at the moment, so why would it take so long to get to the south of England.
  • hotmat3khotmat3k Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know anywhere that have the 16gb ones? Seem to have looked everywhere

I also didn't realise there would be a shortage, not that it mattered anyway as I only got paid yesterday
    You need to keep a check on this site - link

Keeps a dynamic check on all sites that sell the iPad Mini and will alert you as soon as stock is available. Managed to get myself a 16GB in White (Wi-Fi only model) almost straight after launch. Hopefully stock will start coming through in the new year, but I'm amazed how slow Apple is being to get a new wave of them available.
  • ejmejm Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hotmat3k wrote: »

Keeps a dynamic check on all sites that sell the iPad Mini and will alert you as soon as stock is available. Managed to get myself a 16GB in White (Wi-Fi only model) almost straight after launch. Hopefully stock will start coming through in the new year, but I'm amazed how slow Apple is being to get a new wave of them available.

I can recommend the link. I got a notification email of stock in my area on Friday. I was able to reserve straight away and picked it up yesterday. There is no way I would have got one for xmas without that site, it's fantastic.
    Forum Member
    I wish the Apple store did that. Anyone who orders has no idea if there order is in stock or not.
  • tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    hotmat3k wrote: »

I imagine it's a non-trivial logistics exercise keeping a red hot product in stock in 100+ countries the week before Xmas :)
    Forum Member
    I got my iPad MIni yesterday. Arrived before the due date of January 8th.
  • virginskyfanvirginskyfan Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James30 wrote: »
    I got my iPad MIni yesterday. Arrived before the due date of January 8th.

Was that from Apple online?
    Forum Member
    Yes, it was.

It should be 2 weeks delivery from the order date, but the stock ran out. Apple seem to be catching up with a backlog of orders.
  • virginskyfanvirginskyfan Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James30 wrote: »
    Yes, it was.

It should be 2 weeks delivery from the order date, but the stock ran out. Apple seem to be catching up with a backlog of orders.

Got it today from the Apple store in Buchanan St Glasgow.
    They had an ok level of stock at the time I called.V pleased:)
  • Chairman___MeowChairman___Meow Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    According to the iPad Mini Stock availabilty checker the nearest 16GB to me was in Weston. I live in Cardiff.

There are only a few 64GBs in my immediate vicinity and I was about to get one but was very lucky to find someone selling their brand new unopened 16GB for 230 quid on Gumtree. Receipt and all.

Its worth a scan through there if you are not having luck in the shops.