Unanswered Questions

Comments

• tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh- also......

Jack ages. He said he saw some wrinkles appearing at one point. That was after a couple of thousand years (he was buried under ground). So- after a few million or so he gradually 'evolved' into the big head in the jar.

I believe the whole "who blew up the tardis" question was meant to be saying that there are other baddies out there who want the Doctor dead. Who we then found out in the next series were the Silence.

Amy didn't remember the Daleks because that part of the past had been wiped from existence at the time we were watching (through the cracks). Not sure if she ( ant the rest of the world) is supposed to rememeber them now? I hope they don't, as human knowledge of aliens should be kept minimal (just UNIT, certain parts of government etc) in our own time. A huge alien invasion every week gets a bit boring, and then the show has to do one better every time or it really gets boring.

Those are my interpretations to the answers to those questions. I'm sure others may well have different answers too, but I believe this is feasible, The rest of the answers, I believe, are still to come next year, in the adventures to come.

I agree. I really think the little earth knows of aliens the better.
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    tomwozhere wrote: »
    I agree. I really think the little earth knows of aliens the better.

Totally agree. As much fun as the huge invasions of the RTD era were, I always felt they robbed the companion of a unique status, that they are one of a fortunate few that get to experience aliens. Not that I think the population of Earth enjoyed those encounters. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »
    What happened to Captain Latimer's wife?:confused:

She was sent on a secret mission to one of the moons of Jupiter by Queen Victoria. In a steam powered space ship.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was sent on a secret mission to one of the moons of Jupiter by Queen Victoria. In a steam powered space ship.

:D

Does The Doctor know?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :rolleyes:I aam interested iiin who that woman was in """"""""""End of time" paart 2! and what happened to lucy saxon ax
  • WonderWorldWonderWorld Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    We only heard silence will fall when the TARDIS blew up. At the end Doctor said that something drew the TARDIS to this particular place and time and blew it up why? And then asked what is the silence. Now we know who the Silence is and about what interest they have with the Doctor. Which is "On the fields of Trenzelor, at the fall of the Eleventh, when no living creature can speak falsely or fail to answer a question will be asked—one that must never be answered. And Silence must fall when the question is asked. Doctor who?" They believe it is the Doctor is who will be asked this question. So they kidnap River so she can kill the Doctor on Lake Silencio to keep him from getting there. When the Doctor was with Amy she wasn’t married yet and if the Silence goal is to keep the Universe save than why blow up the TARDIS.

When are the Silence going to find out they have been fooled. So who did Blow up the TARDIS and what was to gain or prevent? Or give more evidence that it was the silence.
    Forum Member
    Who Clara Oswin Oswald is and how she is able to die and end somewhere else in time and space

I believe Clara is a Flesh duplicate and that Madame Kovarian and the Silence know that the Doctor faked his Death. This is another attempt to keep him away from fields of Trenzelor. The remember bit might be she is trying to remember who she is.
    Each time she dies she has her memories erased and new ones for a cover story for her to believe who she is. She was a pilot in "Asylum of the Daleks" then a governess in "The Snowmen" in 1890 and a governess again in the present in the next episode. Something is taking over people minds and the Doctor finds Clara at her house and something happens and Clara is confused why Doctor is taking her to a box when inside Clara is amazed. The Doctor and Clara are seen riding a motorcycle and the Doctor has his fez again.
    http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-7-part-2-filming-spoilers-40526.htm
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DId anyone have to blow up the TARDIS?

Could the TARDIS have been trapped in someway and simply suffered a catastrophic systems overload trying to escape which caused the explosion? Rather like a runaway nuclear reactor.
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Who Clara Oswin Oswald is and how she is able to die and end somewhere else in time and space

I believe Clara is a Flesh duplicate and that Madame Kovarian and the Silence know that the Doctor faked his Death. This is another attempt to keep him away from fields of Trenzelor. The remember bit might be she is trying to remember who she is.
    Each time she dies she has her memories erased and new ones for a cover story for her to believe who she is. She was a pilot in "Asylum of the Daleks" then a governess in "The Snowmen" in 1890 and a governess again in the present in the next episode. Something is taking over people minds and the Doctor finds Clara at her house and something happens and Clara is confused why Doctor is taking her to a box when inside Clara is amazed. The Doctor and Clara are seen riding a motorcycle and the Doctor has his fez again.
    http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-7-part-2-filming-spoilers-40526.htm

Nice explanation but, surely Kovarian and The Silence wouldn't try to dupe The Doctor a 3rd time with a flesh avatar. Even that's a bit much recycling for Moffat. :D If they know he is alive and want to bring him out of hiding there must be a simpler way, like threatening to destroy an entire world.
    Forum Member
    How was the mysterious woman in “The End Of Time” able to warn Wilfred when she was inside the time lock. Plus will she appear in the 50th anniversary.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In The Snowmen, Clara was also called Miss Montague, is that name relevant or was it a name she made up as to support her role as a governess?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And is the Doctor really Merlin?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Merlin turns into an older man at times so would the Doctor do that to fool others too?:confused:
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nanscombe wrote: »
    DId anyone have to blow up the TARDIS?

Could the TARDIS have been trapped in someway and simply suffered a catastrophic systems overload trying to escape which caused the explosion? Rather like a runaway nuclear reactor.

I always thought the TARDIS blew herself up to re set everything and close the crack.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did the Sixth Doctor die?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinny wrote: »
    :rolleyes:I aam interested iiin who that woman was in """"""""""End of time" paart 2! and what happened to lucy saxon ax
    interesting as in ald anglo saxon :D
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always thought the TARDIS blew herself up to re set everything and close the crack.
    The TARDIS blowing up is what caused the Cracks.

Even if Cause and Solution were somehow the same thing surely the easiest way would be not to blow up in the first place. :D
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The TARDIS blowing caused the crack.

The light from the Pandorica, which the Doctor sent into the explosion, fixed it.
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about the duck pond without any ducks? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those ducks are evil I tell you. They were just an early scouting party and they left. That's why the Doctor noticed it. They have since gone back to their home planet to prepare an invasion force.

With the Tardis exploding- Once it was going to happen then the explosion was something that was always going to happen at that specific point. Nothing anyone could do could then change that. It became like a fixed point in time or something as they would say. It caused the cracks throughout history which eventually 'sucked' everything through, gradually making the whole universe disappear, by the time history caught up to when the explosion happened.

I've been wondering if there is a separate parallel universe either side of the cracks, (perhaps E-space or something too?) and if that is the case, how do we know we have been on the correct side all this time? Maybe the Tardis flew straight through a crack as it crashed into Amelia's garden way back at the beginning of the whole crack story. Into a a universe where the Silence were a big force.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did the Watcher know it was time to aid the Fourth Doctor's regeneration?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't The Watcher supposed to be a future Doctor after the 12th or something? If that is the case then he's know he would have to go back. Cos it already happened to him.
  • the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinny wrote: »

wasn't she supposed to be the doctors mother?
  • GDKGDK Posts: 9,474
    Forum Member
    Some have suggested that but it's never been confirmed within the show. Not sure if RTD has commented since though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, what the f was he doing, introducing a character like that, and leaving her a myster when it was his last story and she would never be explained.

Might as well have told Wilf " Hello, my name is plot device A".

Wilf: "what does that mean"

Her: "That's not important right now, but listen, something is going to happen blah blah blah........"