Vote for Doctor Who at the NTAs!

2»

Comments

• CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's that time again!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a541846/national-television-awards-the-shortlist-in-full.html

Unfortunately changes to the acting catagories rules out a Doctor-Companion nomination in future.
  • Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Confused as to why David Tennant didn't make the Drama Performance shortlist this year for Broadchurch... I'd have thought he was more notable than Martin Clunes!!

EDIT: Ahhhhhhh, Best TV Detective. :D
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    Voted :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    It's taking place on my birthday, does that mean I get free tickets? :D
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday for the 22nd. Hopefully you can eat cake and watch Dr Who win some awards.:)
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    Not gonna vote for Who after it's been so dumbed down by Moffat. :mad: I'll wait until it deserves it hopefully when it improves with a decent Showrunner. And Gillan as best actress? :confused: Please! Agree to vote for The Chase though! :)

I've always voted for Doctor Who in every category, every year, at the NTAs. But this year I couldn't honestly vote for Who in any category.

All we got in 2013 were seven mediocre episodes left over from the 2012 season, and two new episodes - one of which (the Christmas episode) was appalling.

If the production team can only be bothered to bang out two episodes in the anniversary year, why they hell should we vote for them?

I voted Broadchurch for best drama - reminded me what 'event telly' really is.

Interesting how they've split the 'actor' votes this year which means David Tennant goes up against Olivia Coleman rather than Matt Smith. Seems a bit unfair. Feels like a deal has been done behind the scenes!
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    It's that time again!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a541846/national-television-awards-the-shortlist-in-full.html

Unfortunately changes to the acting catagories rules out a Doctor-Companion nomination in future.

They are always faffing around with the acting categories, some years its been seperate actor/actress drama categories some years joint. This year its been joined up because of the ridiculous TV detective award. Nonsense really.

eta: naturally I voted for Matt and Doctor Who - both would be worthy winners for the stupendous 50th anniversary episode alone.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How on Earth am I supposed to choose between Idris Elba, David Tennant and Benedict Cumberbatch? It's not possible.

Luckily Matt had no competition.
  • GDKGDK Posts: 9,476
    Forum Member
    I guess they've added TV Detective because ITV think they have a chance with Broadchurch which was actually pretty good, I thought. I still voted for Ben in that category though. :)
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Less than two days remain. So if you're eligible and haven't voted because you don't care about the NTAs or awards in general, you should cast your moral values to the wind and send Matt on his way with a second win ;-)

http://www.nationaltvawards.com/vote/
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    voted
  • Zeppelyn56Zeppelyn56 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Voted.

Can't work out how Cumberbatch is nominated for Sherlock tho when there were no new episodes in 2013.