Graham Norton BBC radio replacement??

1235»

Comments

• GeordieyodelGeordieyodel Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't recall him having missed a show before? The usual Daily Fail grumping and picking on BBC stars, hardly a news story. Although being seen out and about while he skives is dopey of him!
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't recall him having missed a show before? The usual Daily Fail grumping and picking on BBC stars, hardly a news story. Although being seen out and about while he skives is dopey of him!

As l say ' It could have already known to the production team'
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,822
    Forum Member
    From memory Graham was sick last year and Maria covered at short notice, but I'm sure Andy Davies covered for Jonathan Ross once or twice if he was sick.

Just be grateful Anneka Rice wasn't still in the building:o
  • samusek2samusek2 Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »
    From memory Graham was sick last year and Maria covered at short notice, but I'm sure Andy Davies covered for Jonathan Ross once or twice if he was sick.

Just be grateful Anneka Rice wasn't still in the building:o

Yep, Graham was poorly on his Birthday weekend in April 2013 and Maria did cover for him (Why can't she fill in for a few weeks like last year?) If memory serves, that same night, he attended a birthday bash in his honour. Did anybody make a big fuss then???:confused:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01rq9fr

What's odd is the weeks when both Graham and Malcolm Prince both are abroad but the station does broadcast a completely pretaped episode such as the one a while back with Sheryl Crow.

So next week's episode is definitely live. I know that the final episode last year was pre-taped at the last minute and one guest was dropped. Next week's guests are really impressive: Martin Freeman and Mark Benton. I think that will be it..I'm just a bit upset that it's 10 weeks off this time rather than the usual 8.:(
    Forum Member
    Not sure if anyone heard John Bishop this morning but whoever thought it would be a good idea to let him run his own desk needs a good talking to. He didn't fade up Bobbi's microphone, pressed wrong buttons and generally screwed it up.

Not a great start, 4 weeks to go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone heard John Bishop this morning but whoever thought it would be a good idea to let him run his own desk needs a good talking to. He didn't fade up Bobbi's microphone, pressed wrong buttons and generally screwed it up.

Not a great start, 4 weeks to go.

Good on him for wanting to run the desk. Not many cover presenters do. I don't think Graham does. Jonathan Ross never ran the desk, that's why Andy Davis was there.
  • bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So with great options like Simon Bates, Scott Mills, Mark Goodier or Lynn Parsons we get John Bishop.

Now IMO now many of the former could even take a this show out on the road to beaches or events? A Radio 2 Roadshow over 10 Saturdays.
  • nikobatallonesnikobatallones Posts: 4,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Bishop's been on the radio before, right? Radio City? Or was it City Talk?
  • Richard WRichard W Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Yes it was Radio City in Liverpool.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So with great options like Simon Bates, Scott Mills, Mark Goodier or Lynn Parsons we get John Bishop.

Now IMO now many of the former could even take a this show out on the road to beaches or events? A Radio 2 Roadshow over 10 Saturdays.

Great idea. Costly too.
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know when Graham is back? I miss him.
    Forum Member
    AcerBen wrote: »

We've got Lee Mack for the next couple of weeks so am guessing he's back mid September.
  • Zeppelyn56Zeppelyn56 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Damn, another one who likes the sound of his own voice, why so many celebs at weekend instead of real dj's.
  • AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AcerBen wrote: »

He tweeted this today.

Because people are asking @TheGNShow is bak on @BBCOne Friday the 26th and my @BBCRadio2 return is on the 20th. #holidayover
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoo! Saturday mornings just aren't the same