Options

Where are you going on holiday?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    Just back from Orkney. Wonderful. And a few days on Mull. Beautiful as always.

That's my kind of holiday! LOVE both those places. I'm off to Skye next week :)
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I hope the weather is a kind to you as it was to me. :) the fairy pool over at Carbost is worth a visit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone must be very happy for you
    :(
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skeggy. Blackpool and Spain.
  • Options
    housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    Well we went to Scotland in April but off to here soon to catch up with family, most only live about an hour from here.

http://www.homefromhome.com/cottage-details/410
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    housegirl wrote: »
    Well we went to Scotland in April but off to here soon to catch up with family, most only live about an hour from here.

http://www.homefromhome.com/cottage-details/410

That looks beautiful. Before we got our caravan we would have holidayed in accommodation from the Cottages 4 You website. We even ended up in a Cottages 4 You renovated coach house in the Highlands for our honeymoon despite budgeting for and planning a luxury break in Mexico, until we changed our minds at the last minute. We loved it. I always prefer self-catering holidays. I relax more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That looks beautiful. Before we got our caravan we would have holidayed in accommodation from the Cottages 4 You website. We even ended up in a Cottages 4 You renovated coach house in the Highlands for our honeymoon despite budgeting for and planning a luxury break in Mexico, until we changed our minds at the last minute. We loved it. I always prefer self-catering holidays. I relax more.

It is so much easier for us to go self catering with hubby, we just love to go away while we can, and so love the Gower.
  • Options
    AliU2maniacAliU2maniac Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Three days in Dublin next month with my sister.

San Francisco & Hawaii in November.Can't wait for that :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Three days in Dublin next month with my sister.

San Francisco & Hawaii in November.Can't wait for that :D

Hope you have a great time
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Acre this year, and Oshkosh next year.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm off to New York a week tomorrow.
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just back from Orkney. Wonderful. And a few days on Mull. Beautiful as always.

We did a 3 week tour around Scotland with our caravan in June, taking in Orkney and Skye. Orkney was just magical.
    Off to the south of France on my motorbike in a months time. Renting a mobile home for £180 a week!
    Its my "F- off, I'm not dead yet" trip. :D
    Bloody love being retired. Bloody love it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan29 wrote: »
    We did a 3 week tour around Scotland with our caravan in June, taking in Orkney and Skye. Orkney was just magical.
    Off to the south of France on my motorbike in a months time. Renting a mobile home for £180 a week!
    Its my "F- off, I'm not dead yet" trip. :D
    Bloody love being retired. Bloody love it.

Enjoy. :) I'm off to Islay at the weekend. Retirement is great:D
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoy. :) I'm off to Islay at the weekend. Retirement is great:D

Enjoy a wee dram.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan29 wrote: »
    Enjoy a wee dram.

:blush: hate the stuff. But alcohol will be consumed:D
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I shall be spending time in the Black Country.
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A couple of days in Dundee
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to New York and Boston for 10 days in November to visit some old friends. Then going to Melbourne for a week and travelling up Queensland for a week in October next year and maybe Hawaii in July next year
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Egypt in 12 days.
  • Options
    getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Off to the Isle Of Man on Sunday.
    Lovely wee place.
  • Options
    TidoshoTidosho Posts: 3,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to Manchester airport at daft-o'clock Monday morning and from there to............. back home. Dropping my daughter and family off.

September going to France for a week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I want to go to Skye to see the fairy pools, have a lovely time!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Camping in Comrie next week then Off to Florida in sept, been past 2 years and cannot see past it now, will be the last year this year I think, it's so expensive...
  • Options
    nittynattynoonittynattynoo Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    going for a week to the isle of wight with my parents, my brother his wife my other half and the kids in a few weeks time,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been and done my holiday the other month sadly - we spent three weeks in the States. Hired a car, stayed in various hotels and with friends that live over there and travelled sightseeing and stuff. It was tiring but brilliant! Had a great time, shame we had to come home to the UK and back to work.... Least the weather is nice here ATM.

My next "holiday" is in September - we're off to Dublin for the weekend for a wedding. I've also just booked to go to New York this New Year and a friend and I are looking at going to the States next summer to do some rock climbing and trekking in one of the national parks. I'd also like to go on a snowboarding holiday, but need to get some practice in first.. :D
    Lushness wrote: »
    Jamaica this year and New York next year.

^^ Jamaica is on my list of places to visit along with Cuba. Hope yis have a great time there :)
    Waj_100 wrote: »
    One of my sons is off to Canada tomorrow.

^^ I'm SO jealous... :( I LOVE that country - its beautiful and the people are so nice! Me GF and I are saving up to move over there permanently. They're looking for people in both our professions over there so we're saving the money up so we can buy a place over there. Being part Canadian, I have distant family out there too and across the border in the States we have some friends so it would be ace for us. Is your son moving there or just going for a holiday?