Anybody drinking tonight?

2»

Comments

• Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Centaurion wrote: »
    Yuk, can't abide wine at all, like cat's pee but without the bouquet.

You need to spend more than £2.50 really
  • Options
    Ramit BaudeepRamit Baudeep Posts: 442
    Forum Member
    Can't stand cheap lager like fosters or carling

I only like bottled beers being jonest

not a big fan of lagers to be honest. Tried all the commercial ones but dont seem to enjoy them
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    Sadly not :(
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I've got red and white wine, some whiskey and a few pre-mixed G&Ts in my impromptu bar.
  • Options
    dip_transferdip_transfer Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cant abide overly priced bottled lagers, or tramps piss as its so affectionately known in parts round here ;-)
  • Options
    bostin_austinbostin_austin Posts: 810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On my 3rd glass of Cava- we normally have a couple of bottles (or so) on Saturdays. Nice and refreshing. Though, to be honest, have a bottle or 2 in the week also.
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got red and white wine, some whiskey and a few pre-mixed G&Ts in my impromptu bar.

Should see you through to midnight then :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cant abide overly priced bottled lagers, or tramps piss as its so affectionately known in parts round here ;-)

A nice can of Tennents Super is what you need:)

I love my lagers and beers but hate those with a very strong taste, especially strong malty taste, then there is the likes of Stella and other high vol lagers that taste like beer mixed with Vodka which is also rank. This is why I drink p*sh water such as Coors Light or Bud Light
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hate them too - won't drink them.
    I prefer a quality real ale or Kronenbourg, Stella or Peroni.
  • Options
    Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hate them too - won't drink them.
    I prefer a quality real ale or Kronenbourg, Stella or Peroni.

That is my lager of choice.

Or
    That is my choice of lager.

I balme the wine :kitty:
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A large Glenlivet 12
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I nice can of Tennents Super is what you need:)

I love my lagers and beers but hate those with a very strong taste, especially strong malty taste, then there is the likes of Stella and other high vol lagers that taste like beer mixed with Vodka which is also rank. This is why I drink p*sh water such as Coors Light or Bud Light

Tried Tennents, didn't like the taste, Stella or wifebeater as its called here, didn't like the taste of that or fosters, Tried a pint of McEwans lager in a pub recently as it was either that or Fosters or 4.50 for bottle of bud.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tried Tennents, didn't like the taste, Stella or wifebeater as its called here, didn't like the taste of that or fosters, Tried a pint of McEwans lager in a pub recently as it was either that or Fosters or 4.50 for bottle of bud.

They still do McEwans lager? haven't had that since the late 90's, wasn't bad as I recall. You get Tennets then you get Tennents super, its 8% or so, weapon of choice for the local alco's, that and Buckfast
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They still do McEwans lager? haven't had that since the late 90's, wasn't bad as I recall. You get Tennets then you get Tennents super, its 8% or so, weapon of choice for the local alco's, that and Buckfast

Not a bad pint, it wasn't as cold as i'd have liked, Cant abide warm lager. alkies choice here is cheap strong cider white lightening sort of stuff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a bad pint, it wasn't as cold as i'd have liked, Cant abide warm lager.

Colder the better for me, ice cold also kills some of the taste of some of them strong lagers. Ah yes the old White Lightning, brings back memories as a teen getting pissed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    A large Glenlivet 12

very envious

also love glenmorangie

:)
  • Options
    Mark1974Mark1974 Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm currently supping "Alnwick Gold", purchased earlier today on Holy Island.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    very envious

also love glenmorangie

:)

i also have a Tomintoul 27 for very special occasions. ;) and a Glenfarclas 105 if I'm feeling particularly cheeky! :D
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    I've been drinking since about 12:30 and finished around 8:30/9. I've not long arrived home and still feeling the effects. Thank God for a spell checker else I'm not quite sure how this message would look. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They still do McEwans lager? haven't had that since the late 90's, wasn't bad as I recall.
    It was sh*te along with Double Diamond, Whitbread Tankard, Worthington E, Watney's Red Barrel and others.
    Terrible stuff:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    i also have a Tomintoul 27 for very special occasions. ;) and a Glenfarclas 105 if I'm feeling particularly cheeky! :D

i like how you roll bud :)

will need to buy myself a nice malt soon
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i like how you roll bud :)

will need to buy myself a nice malt soon

if you've never tried the 105, i recommend it. It has a gorgeous caramel after taste and 60% ;)
  • Options
    Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark1974 wrote: »
    I'm currently supping "Alnwick Gold", purchased earlier today on Holy Island.

That's not too far from me. Are you enjoying the Gold?
  • Options
    maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    Having vodka and diet coke. Hubby doesn't drink at all now cos he is on medication for heart failure so it is down to me to keep the law of the land (ie at least one member of a Scottish household should partake of alcohol on a Saturday evening).
  • Options
    Mark1974Mark1974 Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kaz159 wrote: »
    That's not too far from me. Are you enjoying the Gold?

Loving it thanks. :)