Pat Sharp

Costa StarbucksCosta Starbucks Posts: 118
Forum Member
Anyone heard anything about Pat Sharp and magic.
He has been tweeting the magic logo tonight with the caption "coming soon"

Comments

• AL89AL89 Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its a job so why not. if this is the case will that mean he will have been on virtually every London based radio station.
    anyone else done that?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 401
    Forum Member
    Plus he's got the stint on the UTV Radio stations...

Saying that could it end up being just Dave Pearce doing his Anthems if Sharp pulls out?
  • RidgiemanRidgieman Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I cannot see where he would fit in the weekday schedule unless someone is leaving, so I would guess it would be a weekend show.
  • radio tunerradio tuner Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ive just checked twitter i cant see any mention from pat sharp about magic ....was it magic 105.4 logic or the 1 used for am ?
  • RadioJohnRadioJohn Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ive just checked twitter i cant see any mention from pat sharp about magic ....was it magic 105.4 logic or the 1 used for am ?

I also saw his tweet. and as the OP say's Pat Said "Comming Soon" along with the New Magic logo???
  • up to the vocalup to the vocal Posts: 2,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RadioJohn wrote: »
    I also saw his tweet. and as the OP say's Pat Said "Comming Soon" along with the New Magic logo???
    And then the tweet suddenly disappeared,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  • EnnerjeeEnnerjee Posts: 5,131
    Forum Member
    Maybe he's not so sharp any more.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ennerjee wrote: »
    Maybe he's not so sharp any more.

Having heard him not so long ago on The Wireless.. He was not at his best, that's for sure. It must be hard going from a high-flying, highly-paid presenter on a top London station to a jobbing act, picking up any old job, anywhere!

And if Magic have any sense at all, those jingles will be well and truly banned!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    Pat Sharp though is still someone who children of the 80s will recognise (even if it's just for the Pat & Mick singles.)
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's listed for this Saturday Afternoon back on Magic London. He did a few shows a while ago, I think at the time when he left Smooth Radio.
  • meerkat-martinmeerkat-martin Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    Pat Sharp is doing a show on Time 107.5 in Romford from Wednesday night. He's certainly working his way through the London stations.
  • RadioJohnRadioJohn Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pat Sharp is doing a show on Time 107.5 in Romford from Wednesday night. He's certainly working his way through the London stations.

Just had a look on the website and there is no mention of him on the schedule, Do you know what time he will be on??
  • RobertSterlingRobertSterling Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    And he's doing a gig as part of the 'Jack Up The 80's' weekend on the Isle of Wight this weekend!
  • BoeyBoey Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    RadioJohn wrote: »
    Just had a look on the website and there is no mention of him on the schedule, Do you know what time he will be on??

According to Twitter, new show starts tonight 8-11
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He does a lot of gigs and if you follow him on periscope you will see.
  • mark mayhewmark mayhew Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    Whilst a great act in the 80's his magic/mojo has long gone.

Maybe time for him to disappear completely/gracefully.
  • AL89AL89 Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    work is work if he still enjoys it why not, who would have thought Simon Bates would be on BBC Devon??
    its like a premiership footballer or manager working his latter years for smaller clubs whilst you can still get up and do the job go for it.
  • ShimanoShimano Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was supposedly starting a show on BBC Radio Ulster last year but nothing materialised.