The Matt Cardle Appreciation Thread (Part 49)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bluecandy5 wrote: »
    The plot thickens.. sadly :(:(

"The sub-committee was worried that essential public safety planning and documentation had not been completed. The applicant, Mr Mick Vines, failed to produce an event management plan, an appropriate traffic management plan, an impact assessment and detailed stewarding and security information.

There were also concerns for provision to safeguard children against harm and no child safety plan was in place even though late changes to the event incorporated an element to attract families.

There was also criticism of risk assessments, only produced during an adjournment of the hearing on Wednesday, May 16, one of which was generic and had not been amended to better reflect the Boston event venue.

The application was for sale of alcohol for consumption on the premises, recorded music and provision for dancing from 3.30pm to 10pm, live music and performance of dance from 5pm until 10pm and further similar entertainment from 3.30pm until 10pm on Saturday, May 26"

http://www.boston.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=4399

Weird to also see ticket sales numbers, what the F is going on??

I was just about to post this!! It seems the council has offered him advise on several occasions and this is the guy that our twitter friend spoke to on the phone today who said he had sold 500 tickets and on this site is says 250:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was just about to post this!! It seems the council has offered him advise on several occasions and this is the guy that our twitter friend spoke to on the phone today who said he had sold 500 tickets and on this site is says 250:confused:

Really don't think he thought this through at all. And sounds like he's playing the sympathy card to those who ask him directly what's going on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really don't think he thought this through at all. And sounds like he's playing the sympathy card to those who ask him directly what's going on.

As he was organising it he was probably responsible for advertising as well lol:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Apparently he didn't apply for the license until April:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As he was organising it he was probably responsible for advertising as well lol:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Apparently he didn't apply for the license until April:eek:

Just re reading it again and saw that. over 2 months it took him to apply for it, when he'd been advertising it and ticket sales where released.
    Everything on this new info saddens me deeply.
  • Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    Could he organise a p*ss up in a brewery? :rolleyes: Probably not. Should be a lesson to Will T to check out who he accepts bookings with.

Sales or otherwise - this was never going to happen based on the organiser.

Wonder how much he has spent already? and will he have the funds to provide refunds?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just re reading it again and saw that. over 2 months it took him to apply for it, when he'd been advertising it and ticket sales where released.
    Everything on this new info saddens me deeply.

Seems like he thought everything would happen all by itself:confused:
    Forum Member

Complete inexperience I would suggest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crabbie123 wrote: »
    I did make the point that many would be at the Xmas lights because it's the Xmas lights. The album tour however - well this is only a month since that tour ended - but it hasn't been advertised as well. This is less of a test than the album tour - low ticket sales for that would have been a disaster. Possibly low tickets sales for an area with a small population that is difficult to get to - not so much. Many who we know were going have had to book accommodation, making it a very expensive trip, so soon after a tour where most could see him without that expense.

Ah yes the accommodation i forgot that for the long distance giggers, but by reading the link posted by Blue it seems that they beleive that it will attract families from the locals.But with a naive organizer, what is it now. The drama
    continues...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I keep re reading it and the more I do the more angry I get at the whole mess. And I'm not even due to go.

Need to calm down.

Just hope the eager haters in the press dont get wind of this and spin it to their own likings. :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone on twitter says that she knows he had sold 165 VIP tickets alone because she spoke to him on the phone and she has had her VIP ticket for a while now. I asked if she thought he was lying to the council about numbers to try and push permission through and she does.

@jodi1456
    @BrokenBromance @MCardle_EUteam @MinkyBea @GentlyWeeping I'm afraid I do! I've spoken to this bloke, I bought my VIP off him direct!

@jodi1456
    @BrokenBromance @MCardle_EUteam @MinkyBea @GentlyWeeping I got my VIP 2 weeks ago, there were 200 on sale and he had 35 VIP left 2 weeks ago

Could also have been telling her porkies though:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I keep re reading it and the more I do the more angry I get at the whole mess. And I'm not even due to go.

Need to calm down.

Just hope the eager haters in the press dont get wind of this and spin it to their own likings. :mad:

I think the press have their eyes blinking by now and a doglike smile on their faces .Its their job and thats how they support their families too ,so nothing we can do to stop that.
    Forum Member

Need to calm down.

Well discussing it here is going to do that - we know we have journalists lurking. We make their job easy for them tbh. I avoid posting stuff that I know can be read negatively by lurkers. It is an appreciation thread after all - which is meant to be positive stuff.
    Forum Member
    megamatt wrote: »
    I think the press have their eyes blinking by now and a doglike smile on their faces .Its their job and thats how they support their families too ,so nothing we can do.

Except stop going on about it here! :rolleyes:
  • LinseyapLinseyap Posts: 5,748
    Forum Member
    I can't believe all this :cry: There's going to be a lot on this guy's head. If it doesn't happen I'm not just upset I've lost £70 on travel but I don't want to wait til July to see him again :cry: Ive even taken holiday from work for this!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well discussing it here is going to do that - we know we have journalists lurking. We make their job easy for them tbh. I avoid posting stuff that I know can be read negatively by lurkers. It is an appreciation thread after all - which is meant to be positive stuff.

Sorry I didn't realise that :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could he organise a p*ss up in a brewery? :rolleyes: Probably not. Should be a lesson to Will T to check out who he accepts bookings with.

Sales or otherwise - this was never going to happen based on the organiser.

Wonder how much he has spent already? and will he have the funds to provide refunds?

It could bankrupt the club I believe they are struggling already.
  • mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tweet:)

@nickyb36
    I have spoke to Mick Vines from Boston Town FC. He said the council have refused license. But he is looking for another venue.

@nickyb36
    We will find out about Boston tomorrow night. I say we Bombard Boston council with emails and say how upset we all are

This person said it's about crushing issues, I feel football grounds must have to be especially on the ball here because of related deaths some years back.

Oh if its a health and safety issue I am sure Matt would not want there to be a possibility of crushing I know I would not that's for sure. The licence should have bene there with all its stipulations prior to anything else. ;):eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well if they quote us , this thread will become famous again :D (lets just think the bright side :) )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry double post, deleted.

Not a double post after all then. Ah well , messed that up:o

Good Luck!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the press have their eyes blinking by now and a doglike smile on their faces .Its their job and thats how they support their families too ,so nothing we can do to stop that.

Oh true they often read the thread we know that the Guardian and others. It is a complete and utter fiasco.;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    meeeekatt wrote: »
    Hi All

Well this is pants

Im so sorry for all of you who were going.

I agree with Crabbie, its best not to go on about it really, The press will be salavating already

Staying away for a while

They will more than be aware o f what is going on meeekatt.;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    meeeekatt wrote: »
    Yea I believe you:D:D

I do really:) I cant see why anybody does that TBH its cheap enough to download legally.

What do you think of Matts pre XF music Megamatt? Darwyn and Sevensummers.? Sorry if you have already been asked, I do tend to miss things :o

Darwyn; I like the songs (2 the most ) but Matt's vocals is not polished yet as it was today but because they are amateur band you can easily detect what is the missing formula for them by that time ,Proffesional Guidance .But on the other hand I am liking it because it's rough ,unpolished, its real
    and wanted him to re-make those 2 albums with his vocals today and with a professional band and let's see what it would be like.

Sevensummers ; I like it too no song preferences here but its fast ,slick and well sung its just that it was released in a wrong time i think where the music that sold the most are about *licky..licky..,pu..sy..pu..sy..f..ky..etc.But if he recorded that album in accoustic maybe its a different story.
  • chosenturbochosenturbo Posts: 8,832
    Forum Member

hard to avoid talking about it at all - I think we need to get to the bottom of this

sounds to me like Mr. Vines has messed up through poor planning and organization and is now looking to shift the blame - ironic, as I seem to remember the whole point of the event was to prove that this venue could be used for entertainment purposes... oopsie, apparently not with him in charge :rolleyes:

I hope he can redeem himself by finding a more appropriate venue (reading the council's report, it seems very unlikely that they will relent on the safety issues), but I'm not holding my breath...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Yep there are no walls surrounding the App threads all can see what we discuss. x;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Darwyn; I like the songs (2 the most ) but Matt's vocals is not polished yet as it was today but because they are amateur band you can easily detect what is the missing formula for them by that time ,Proffesional Guidance .But on the other hand I am liking it because it's rough ,unpolished, its real
    and wanted him to re-make those 2 albums with his vocals today and with a professional band and let's see what it would be like.

Hello Megamatt

Darwyn "When You Wake" is still my favourite Matt album. I do get what you are saying about them being an amateur band, but I really love the combination of instruments on the album. I also think that the songs on the album have great strength and originality, I wouldnt want them to be too polished. I like them real too.;)

I love 7S too of course , and wish Matt would use some of these tracks!

I sincerely hope this Vines bloke manages to sort out another venue!!

Edit. Sevensummers were not signed and therefore the album was never on general release. It did extremely well in a few download charts during the XF.
This discussion has been closed.