Options

Series 4 episode titles

13»

Comments

• Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wasn't there something about the shadows in Love & Monsters?

RTD said in DWM 391 the phrase 'count the shadows' is in the moffat episodes. To be frank I'm hoping he is wrong, because that concept sounds scary as **** to me.
  • Options
    TimCypherTimCypher Posts: 9,052
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    RTD said in DWM 391 the phrase 'count the shadows' is in the moffat episodes. To be frank I'm hoping he is wrong, because that concept sounds scary as **** to me.

It does sound very Moffat.

In 'The Doctor Dances', we had (paraphrasing), 'well, if the tape's stopped, who's speaking?'

In 'Girl In The Fireplace', we had 'well, if the clock's broken, where's the ticking coming from?'

I can quite imagine 'well, if there are only four of us in the room, why are there five shadows on the floor?'

Variation on his usual theme, and it could prove effective with a bit of dramatic direction and creepy music.

Actually, it has been said that the upcoming Moffat two-parter is based on an idea he had whilst penning 'The Empty Child / The Doctor Dances' - maybe the above is the connection, and it's nothing to do with CJH's backstory?

Regards,

Cypher
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moffat makes a brief mention of his latest monsters in the comentary for Blink.

Him and Murray Gold are talking about how he has managed to make mundane things scary and he says something like wait till you see my next Monsters.

The quote from L+M was
    There was a shadow in your house. A living shadow in the darkness. An elemental shade had escaped from the Howling Halls. I stopped it, but... I wasn't in time to save her. I'm sorry

So if Moffat had an idea for Living Shadows back when he was doing TEC/TDD did RTD mention it in L+M as a bit of forshadowing?
  • Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,061
    Forum Member
    One interesting point about the Shadow that killed Elton's mum in Love and Monsters is the Doctor's comment: "A living shadow in the darkness. An elemental shade had escaped from the Howling Halls".

It may be nothing, but in Doomsday the Doctor talks about 'the void' which - as you all know I'm sure - was the space between dimensions where the Cult of Skaro was hiding in its 'void ship' with the arc (and where all the Daleks and Cyberman were sucked to at the end of the story)

The Doctor said something like "the Eternals called it the Howling". So it does strike me that maybe the Shadows might come from the void between dimensions, which then obviously links to the Daleks, possibly the Cybermen . . . but possibly also another race capable of creating a 'void ship' and hiding out until the Time War was over.

Such as, possibly, a few Time Lords?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Does anybody know what episode Martha and Rose are returning please ???? :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

it will be the Doctor lite episode which is rumoured to be 11 though Martha returns before then in the
    Sontaran two parter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Martha will be back in the Sontaran 2 parter which will be Eps 4 and 5.

She will be in three other episodes, probably 11,12 and 13 but it's not known for certain.

It seems to be Episode 11 that sees the return of Rose. It's unknown (for now) if she's in any other episodes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So now we have the following episode titles
    1. Partners in Crime
    2. The Fires of Pompeii
    3. Planet of the Ood
    4. The Sontaran Stratagem
    5. TBA (Sontaran Pt 2)
    6. TBA
    7. The Unicorn and the Wasp
    8. TBA (Moffats Abandoned Library pt1)
    9. TBA (MAL pt2)
    10. Midnight
    11. TBA (Doclite)
    12. TBA (Finale pt1)
    13. TBA (Finale pt2)

It seems Martha will be in
    Eps 4/5, 6 and 12/13
  • Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,061
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    So now we have the following episode titles
    1. Partners in Crime
    2. The Fires of Pompeii
    3. Planet of the Ood
    4. The Sontaran Stratagem
    5. TBA (Sontaran Pt 2)
    6. TBA
    7. The Unicorn and the Wasp
    8. TBA (Moffats Abandoned Library pt1)
    9. TBA (MAL pt2)
    10. Midnight
    11. TBA (Doclite)
    12. TBA (Finale pt1)
    13. TBA (Finale pt2)

It seems Martha will be in
    Eps 4/5, 6 and 12/13

I think it means
    Martha will be in 4, 5, 11,12 and 13
    doesn't it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mulett wrote: »
    I think it means
    Martha will be in 4, 5, 11,12 and 13
    doesn't it?

The Martha ep numbers come from DWM (not seen it myself though).

It does seem that the episode order has changed from what was known or at least speculated.
    Midnight
    which is set on an Alien planet and could well be
    the Georgia Moffett (plus possibly David Troughton episode)
    was being listed as Ep6 but the latest news from DWM says it is Ep10 and of course Moffats 2parter has changed position.

So it looks like Martha's 2nd story
    has been brought forward from Ep8 (I think it would have been) to Ep6.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's shaping up to be a great season, especially with the return of everyone's favourite shop mobility-bound nutjob.
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Mulett wrote: »
    One interesting point about the Shadow that killed Elton's mum in Love and Monsters is the Doctor's comment: "A living shadow in the darkness. An elemental shade had escaped from the Howling Halls".

It may be nothing, but in Doomsday the Doctor talks about 'the void' which - as you all know I'm sure - was the space between dimensions where the Cult of Skaro was hiding in its 'void ship' with the arc (and where all the Daleks and Cyberman were sucked to at the end of the story)

The Doctor said something like "the Eternals called it the Howling". So it does strike me that maybe the Shadows might come from the void between dimensions, which then obviously links to the Daleks, possibly the Cybermen . . . but possibly also another race capable of creating a 'void ship' and hiding out until the Time War was over.

Such as, possibly, a few Time Lords?

I didn't get some of the stuff about the void in doomsday, doesn't void mean emptyness, nothing, nada, zip, rien. If the daleks were sucked into the void, doesn't the void cease to be void? lol.
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    It's shaping up to be a great season, especially with the return of everyone's favourite shop mobility-bound nutjob.

Who?? lol.