Options

The End of Most Haunted...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,065
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone who thought the whole show was fake please dont come on this thread. Im not saying it is NOt fake, please dont bring it down for people like me who grew up watching this program.

For any fans of Most Haunted like myself. It appears that it may end as this has taken over Most Haunted's website...
http://www.paranormalinvestigationlive.co.uk/

Most Haunted R.I.P 2002-2010 ?:(

EDIT: Just found Most Haunted website seprerate.

However why would they have most haunted live as well as Paranormal investigations.???

Comments

• Options
    GrahameSteeleGrahameSteele Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good, about time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good, about time.

Is it really that bad that it makes you watch it and want to kill yourself :rolleyes:
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame about the way it ended after all these years.
    But I don't think I will miss it.
  • Options
    stateofgameplaystateofgameplay Posts: 3,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    matty125 wrote: »
    Anyone who thought the whole show was fake please dont come on this thread. Im not saying it is NOt fake, please dont bring it down for people like me who grew up watching this program.

Well
    1) If you thought it was fake, you couldn't see this warning till you got onto this thread, making that statement redundnant.
    2) People saying things like that get my back up. You can't order people around on here.
    3) It was fake, you realise it was, so anyone else stating it isn't going to "bring it down" for you, as you already know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well
    1) If you thought it was fake, you couldn't see this warning till you got onto this thread, making that statement redundnant.
    2) People saying things like that get my back up. You can't order people around on here.
    3) It was fake, you realise it was, so anyone else stating it isn't going to "bring it down" for you, as you already know.

Sorry Sir...:rolleyes:
    :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe we should send Derek Acorah in to the tv studio to see if he can pick up any psychic information on it's demise..... :D
  • Options
    LillithLillith Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was a devoted MH fan at the start of it. I even coughed up £10 for a Derek Acorah mug. I was on the late lamented MHForum from 2003 until it's demise this year and the production company Antix, proprieters Yvette and Karl, are a vindictive lot who have sacked numerous people over the years. I would love and insider to write a book on the goings on at Antix but they slap confidentiality clauses on everyone who ever worked for them. The sad thing about the forum was that some muppets believed it all 100% even though Antix said it was for entertainment purposes only to Ofcom. I'm sure Miss Fielding and her burly husband will be back with some other money making scheme.......I mean entertaining and informative quality production.
  • Options
    nottsguynottsguy Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    I heard it was ending - Does this mean that there is no Halloween show this year?

For any fans of Most Haunted like myself. It appears that it may end as this has taken over Most Haunted's website...
    http://www.paranormalinvestigationlive.co.uk/

Most Haunted R.I.P 2002-2010 ?:(

EDIT: Just found Most Haunted website seprerate.

However why would they have most haunted live as well as Paranormal investigations.???
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My wife loves MH never misses it insists on recording the week long specials. I can take or leave it have got bored with the women constantly shrieking & geting hysterical because one of them got a darught up their skirt!

But then that is part of the amusement in watching it.

I'll be sorry to see it go (if indeed it is going)
  • Options
    elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    topdoris wrote: »
    Maybe we should send Derek Acorah in to the tv studio to see if he can pick up any psychic information on it's demise..... :D

Maybe he could check in with Kreed Kafer, :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So eight years and not one bit of evidence of a ghost?

I wonder why?
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    It stopped being entertaining for me when DA left, I only watched it to see him and his antics. Since then the odd ones I have watched have been dire, I have watched just about all of the lives in the hopes that one day they catch something real and really poop their pants ;)

I am glad it is being replaced, they have flogged that dead horse so hard in the last few years I am surprised there is anything left.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    It stopped being entertaining for me when DA left, I only watched it to see him and his antics. Since then the odd ones I have watched have been dire, I have watched just about all of the lives in the hopes that one day they catch something real and really poop their pants ;)

I am glad it is being replaced, they have flogged that dead horse so hard in the last few years I am surprised there is anything left.

Can we be nasty and say something lilke crabs?
  • Options
    StevenNTStevenNT Posts: 2,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was rather funny when karl swore at a prank caller Live on air :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P96ykPscHQ
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Can we be nasty and say something lilke crabs?

That will do ;)
  • Options
    mangomoonmangomoon Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love MH. Will definitely miss it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    StevenNT wrote: »
    This was rather funny when karl swore at a prank caller Live on air :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P96ykPscHQ

It was funny when Karl did that, but the YT clip just highlights why I couldn't stand the show in the end. Karl became a simpering, patronising, pr*ck, and Yvie became the barking boss, shouting at the 'team' whenever they stepped out of line.

Also as it went on, you realised more time was spent on competitions, phone ins, and the dirge of advert breaks, that you realised it was more about making money rather than making paranormal discoveries.

Look on the bright side. At least we will not have to put up with watching how Yvie and Karl spent all our money, in one of those painfull 'fly-on-the-wall' documenteries any more!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Will this new programme be searching for the spirit of MH?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    The programme worked when you had Derek hamming it up and there was some level of genuine investigation and the team were new to it all themselves. Felt at the start that they were genuinely scared at times and the faking / exaggeration was kept in check to some extent.

Obviously as time went by they felt they had to up the ante so things got progressively sillier and they always had to find an extra ‘hook’ – especially with the lives. Wasn’t enough to simply go to a scary place…there had to be a search for the Pendle Witches / Jack the Ripper / The Devil etc. To be fair to them, the programme was sometimes genuinely entertaining. I’d still maintain that they did genuinely lose the collective plot at Pendle Hill…but maybe that set the bar too high and they always felt they had to try and match that…and the only way was through ever more preposterous hammy acting and overt fakery. In the end the sheer cynicism killed it.

The suggestion that this new programme is ‘team based’ is slightly worrying. I fear Joe Swash and fellow a assorted C listers. Which would be a pity as there’s room for a scientific based paranormal investigation programme on UK TV. Hopefully with no input from anyone at ANTIX.

There’d been talk a while back that they might move to C5 (because the controller was exLiving I assume) but I guess the whole thing has probably been muddied by the takeovers are Living/Virgin then Sky and at C5. As Yvette has indicated she’s given up on the Paranormal (after the next couple of GHW) I guess the talks with C5 if there were any came to nothing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im looking forward to the new show Paranormal Investigation Live to see it can beat Most Haunted with the fakery and comedy..basically this new show may be Most Haunted with a new name and crew, and perhaps the new show is cheaper to make in the current financial crisis and that is why Living went for it..I hope Derek Acorah is on the new show to up the drama and comedy stakes..lol

remember get the dildo and metal bowl out and do some chanting and bring forth the spirits of Jake the Dewil!
  • Options
    jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    I used to watch at the beggining but got a bit sick of the never ending screaming and the way they always focused the camera's on their faces and never where the supposed orbs/shadows/movement was. I watched a few live programmes and things always happened in the break :rolleyes: or the Pendle Witches were following them.
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .... Felt at the start that they were genuinely scared at times and the faking / exaggeration was kept in check to some extent.

Obviously as time went by they felt they had to up the ante so things got progressively sillier

I think it was following the oftcom rulling that they got sillier.If they persued the "legitmate investigations" angle they would have been done for any element of fakery. Making it clear that it's for entertainment only allows them to do what they like

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/enforcement/broadcast-bulletins/pcb46/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was funny when Karl did that, but the YT clip just highlights why I couldn't stand the show in the end. Karl became a simpering, patronising, pr*ck, and Yvie became the barking boss, shouting at the 'team' whenever they stepped out of line.

Also as it went on, you realised more time was spent on competitions, phone ins, and the dirge of advert breaks, that you realised it was more about making money rather than making paranormal discoveries.

Look on the bright side. At least we will not have to put up with watching how Yvie and Karl spent all our money, in one of those painfull 'fly-on-the-wall' documenteries any more!

Erm, there would be them standing about for three hours otherwise.

Why do, according to them, ghosts only come out at night when all the lights are off?

Are all ghosts light sensitive insomniacs?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jarryhack wrote: »
    I used to watch at the beggining but got a bit sick of the never ending screaming and the way they always focused the camera's on their faces and never where the supposed orbs/shadows/movement was. I watched a few live programmes and things always happened in the break :rolleyes: or the Pendle Witches were following them.

I wonder why?
  • Options
    iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So eight years and not one bit of evidence of a ghost?

I wonder why?

Yes ghosts are camera shy it seems,