Hollyoaks- Brendan Brady vs Danny Houston vs Warren Fox

123457»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    Rae is one of Lucy Allan's wierder ideas. She was in Newt's head, but then he met her in completely other circumstances and it turned out she was real, and just an ordinary girl. Bizarre. Like he'd had a premonition of her or something. Now, she's just a slightly pointless character in bad need of a decent SL.
    I re-watched the suicide pact storyline the other day and while the first emo Rae was a figment of Newt's imagination, after she had "died" he found a photo of her in a wallet he had nicked off an old lady. So he assumed she must have been real after all and went to give the old lady her wallet back, telling her Rae was dead. Thats when the real Rae first appeared, and she was pretty freaked out. When Newt first nicked the wallet we saw him looking at the photos in it just before emo Rae turned up, so I think the explanation was that he had seen the photo and subconsciously based his new split personality (the suicidal one) on the image he had just seen.

Still a weird one though!
  • Pacman 2011Pacman 2011 Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do HO fans and even Inside Soap discredit Jamie Lomas' Warren Fox by always saying 'It's all about Brendan'... well I am sorry but him being confused about his sexuality would have lasted only soo long... Warren has made him even better... both should be equally praised... plus Foxy is the orginal bad boy for me as HO before his character was 'hangover' tv.

I would love Clare Devine to return though! Ste is a poor mans Justin... he is only popular becuase he is sexually confused... before that he was just the 'woman beater'... just shows a easy option is to make a character confused and bing they are loved aka Danny Miller.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45,402
    Forum Member
    Why do HO fans and even Inside Soap discredit Jamie Lomas' Warren Fox by always saying 'It's all about Brendan'... well I am sorry but him being confused about his sexuality would have lasted only soo long... Warren has made him even better... both should be equally praised... plus Foxy is the orginal bad boy for me as HO before his character was 'hangover' tv.

Ste is a poor mans Justin... he is only popular becuase he is sexually confused... before that he was just the 'woman beater'... .

Oh I disagree with that, I think Brendan's made Warren better. Ever since Warren came back it seemed they didn't know what to do with him, having him dig in the cellar, having a mysterious texter that turned out to be Mandy. Warren was pretty boring and I for one didn't want him to come back, but then they got him involved with Brendan and I know myself and a lot of others have warmed to him and are pretty glad he's come back. Because of Brendan.

I don't understand how you're saying these two characters are popular for their sexuality, I've liked Ste ever since he got help for his abuse against Amy, and he wasn't even gay then. I like Brendan because he's a dark, complicated man with a lot of problems, and he's interesting and addicting to watch. Nothing to do with him being gay, at all.

ETA: Warren may of been a bad boy before he left, but when he came back, he was pretty boring and not a bad boy at all.
  • syedluversyedluver Posts: 1,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Brendan, He is clearly the most Evil, Warren fights with his fists, Witch will hurt, But that pain will go away in a few days, He intimidates coz he know's he is strong, The only people scared of Warren are those he has previously threatend/beat up. Brendan has the gift of making you scared, Hurt, Uncomfortable, feel bad with out touching you, Alot of the times people are scared of him with out him even threatening them. As we have already seen he is a tough guy aswell, Witch alot of peole were unsure of at first, But he has proved this when he killed Danny and fought Warren.

I just want to comment that not all people like Brendan because he is gay, I hadnt watched HO in about 2 years, I started watching it again (as there was nothing else on) when Brendan was using Carmel to smuggle drugs, I had no idea that Brendan was gonna be gay, as i didnt read anything to do with HO and i dont buy the soap mags, But i loved him before the kiss with Ste as he was such an interesting character, Yes i do like him alot more since finding out but only because it adds to his character and it shows a different side to him. It is because of Brendan that i have started watching HO again :)
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,620
    Forum Member

I would love Clare Devine to return though! Ste is a poor mans Justin... he is only popular becuase he is sexually confused... before that he was just the 'woman beater'... just shows a easy option is to make a character confused and bing they are loved aka Danny Miller.
    I think they bounce off each other brilliantly, but Brendan is the more fascinating character, the more charismatic of the two. An inspired pairing, though. No Claire, though, please. Good character, atrocious actress.
  • syedluversyedluver Posts: 1,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    I think they bounce off each other brilliantly, but Brendan is the more fascinating character, the more charismatic of the two. An inspired pairing, though. No Claire, though, please. Good character, atrocious actress.

100% agree :) Although i didnt really care to much for Warren until he interacted with Brendan.
  • Pacman 2011Pacman 2011 Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tezzabobs wrote: »
    Oh I disagree with that, I think Brendan's made Warren better. Ever since Warren came back it seemed they didn't know what to do with him, having him dig in the cellar, having a mysterious texter that turned out to be Mandy. Warren was pretty boring and I for one didn't want him to come back, but then they got him involved with Brendan and I know myself and a lot of others have warmed to him and are pretty glad he's come back. Because of Brendan.

I don't understand how you're saying these two characters are popular for their sexuality, I've liked Ste ever since he got help for his abuse against Amy, and he wasn't even gay then. I like Brendan because he's a dark, complicated man with a lot of problems, and he's interesting and addicting to watch. Nothing to do with him being gay, at all.

ETA: Warren may of been a bad boy before he left, but when he came back, he was pretty boring and not a bad boy at all.

He had murdered a man to live and was happy to threarten a child and its mother.... that last comment was just daft.

Remionds me of Jackson, Hazel and AAron... both are outshone by Miller who just happens to be the gay one despite both giving excellent if not better performances.
    lulu g wrote: »

Best character and bitch in HO history!
    syedluver wrote: »
    100% agree :) Although i didnt really care to much for Warren until he interacted with Brendan.

Well your screen name is after another gay character so is this case I won't listen :p
  • Logan_ThomasLogan_Thomas Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    Just the type of thread I needed!

I am sick to death of Brendan Brady defeating everyone!

Danny Houston
    Warren Fox
    Silas Blissett
    Walker
    Sampson

It seems most think he will be leaving Hollyoaks.... aren't people fed up of Brendan being made into superman who no one can defeat. I can also imagine Sampson being killed off at some point.
  • dequeendequeen Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just the type of thread I needed!

I am sick to death of Brendan Brady defeating everyone!

Danny Houston
    Warren Fox
    Silas Blissett
    Walker
    Sampson

It seems most think he will be leaving Hollyoaks.... aren't people fed up of Brendan being made into superman who no one can defeat. I can also imagine Sampson being killed off at some point.

What so you are saying he wins at everything he wants??
    Oh yeah his sister is loving him right now and he got conned by the guy he loves. Lynsey died. Oh boys is he winning it all.
    He killed Danny cos he knew he would harm ste. He got the better of Warren only cos of Mitzee and Joel helping him (and cos the actor wanted to leave). He NEVER got the better of Silas. I think you'll find that was Lynsey. Walker maybe playing him so why wouldn't he want to get the better of someone trying to do him over. As for Sampson, he thinks he killed his close friend Lynsey so he wants revenge.
    Brendan tries to get the better but he doesn't always but he's the kind of dark character that will keep on trying.
  • Paul BrowningPaul Browning Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    I reckon I half agree with that statement but only in terms of who is the biggest baddest character in Hollyoaks.

Like in Eastenders the bosses make Phil Mitchell the number 1 hardman but in Hollyoaks there was/is since then indeed...

Teresa McQueen
    Danny Houston
    Warren Fox
    Silas Blissett
    Walker

All have gone minus Brendan and Teresa is a spare part lately... so indeed they have made a point of him being the best baddie around. He must have mentioned his defeating of Warren fox about at least 4 - 5 times, like its robbing it in the all the fans of Warren who in my opinion was a great original baddie because I had rarely watched Hollyoaks until him and Justin Burton and Clare Devine came along like many others.
  • Adam FirstAdam First Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Silas for sure and actually the other two are locked up!