The Fame Monster CD Censored!?

2»

Comments

• trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really liking Monster, Teeth and Telephone. Fab album!
  • Pop_ArtPop_Art Posts: 5,116
    Forum Member
    You know this would have sold alot better had it just been the 8 tracks. I actually think she could have even boosted it to about 11 or 12 if the likes of No Way, Second Time Around, Dirty Ice Cream and Fashion had been added to it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fashion and Dirty Ice Cream are old demos featured on her b side "Disco Heaven". Second Time Around although a great song, was written for somebody else and No Way is being saved for the future apparantly.

In response to the OP cherrytreerecords an artists group she belongs to have said that uncensored versions will be released. Whether or not they just mean leaked onto the internet or uncensored CD's I do not know.
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gaga has always said that she will never release 'old' material when refering to Dirty Ice Cream etc. So I wasn't expected the unreleased stuff.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I expect and hope they'll release the uncensored tracks to iTunes asap and then stick them on the next Fame Monster pressings.

I'm not sure how they managed to stick the wrong version on the CD. Does nobody listen to the full CD before making hundreds of thousands of copies??!?!? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    I'll be buying it if it's censored or not, I mean, the fact it's censored doesn't make it s*** or anything. And I don't have the original "The Fame", so I think 2-discs for £8.99 is excellent value :D

But why the f*** does everything need to be censored these days? :p

Sorry for my rubbish attempt at comedy just then
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I already had The Fame album....So I just bought the 1 Disc with the 8 tracks online...although, £8.99 is great value for 2 discs....better than what most artists do who probably put 1/2 bonus tracks on deluxe editions, which is not worth it, bit of a rip off on behalf of the record labels

....Nevertheless back to the topic, been listening to the 8 tracks, I have to say they are really really good!....Damn, Gaga writes some great pop/dance songs...My favourites at the moment: Alejandro, Teeth, Telephone (Ft. Beyonce), Monster & Speechless. Can't wait for the next album! x
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People are saying the Fame Monster has been number 1 in the UK but it hasn't! It's set to be 1 on Sunday!
  • crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's set to do the double on Sunday. Bad Romance back up to No.1 and the album too.
  • dazn12dazn12 Posts: 6,910
    Forum Member
    I have the uncensored version of The Fame Monster, it was released on iTunes US a few weeks ago. Bad Romance, Monster, Dance In The Dark are the only three tracks that are tagged as Explicit.

But Alejandro has to be my favourite track from the entire disc :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,433
    Forum Member
    I also have gaga's fame monster..and rihanna's rated r. there should be a parental advisory sticker on them, they shouldn't be censored. if parents don't want children hearing swearing, don't buy them the album. Shes not targetted (sp) towards children anyway. :rolleyes:

Harsh but true ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    I know the majority of these posts are from 6 months ago, but for those still looking for it you can buy the 1 disc edition of Fame Monster here on CD-Wow.com

http://www.cdwow.com/CD/lady-gaga-fame-monster-1cd/dp/6578283#bc=c893

I've not got the Fame album so I'll just be buying the Fame Monster 2cd from HMV for £8.99. Bargain for 2 albums in one, imo. Does anybody know if the songs are uncensored on this albums yet?

Can't wait for her 3rd album to come out as well. Inspired in my home town, what a bonus! :)
  • wildmovieguywildmovieguy Posts: 8,342
    Forum Member
    I'm thinking of buying the Fame Monster on vinyl as it is only the 8 songs i want (4 on each side) but does anyone has it on vinyl know if it is uncensored?
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know I'm slightly late to the party but I've always had the UK edition of 'TFM' (the two discs) but because I'm collecting Gaga CDs, I just received the stand-alone 'TFM'. It's imported from the US (I believe) and it's uncensored :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know I'm slightly late to the party but I've always had the UK edition of 'TFM' (the two discs) but because I'm collecting Gaga CDs, I just received the stand-alone 'TFM'. It's imported from the US (I believe) and it's uncensored :)

Understatement of the century :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Slightly late to the party indeed. TF is a charity shop special now also... What happened to Lady Gaga? Another one bites the dust.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slightly late to the party indeed. TF is a charity shop special now also... What happened to Lady Gaga? Another one bites the dust.

Lmfao are you serious?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member

What happened to Gaga? Why she is currently on a world tour. :cool:
  • EatitLosersEatitLosers Posts: 97
    Forum Member

My, my....Tracey, you seem to enjoy bumping these old threads to make it look as if she's more popular than she really is.

How desperate.

Toodles.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My, my....Tracey, you seem to enjoy bumping these old threads to make it look as if she's more popular than she really is.

How desperate.

Toodles.

Not at all. Why create a new thread for something I wish to discuss when one already exists :confused Whenever starting a new thread I always check before to see if one has already been created.

I have only bumped two threads, this one and one about the album 'The Fame'. If I wanted to "increase" gaga's popularity, I wouldn't be doing it on Digital Spy's music forum which hardly is world-dominating. :rolleyes:
  • EatitLosersEatitLosers Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    Surely this is all uncalled for? You're clearly not a fan so why click to open it and read it all....and reply! :eek:

Because I was wanted to see if my suspicions were right on who bumped this thread. Seems I was right.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because I was wanted to see if my suspicions were right on who bumped this thread. Seems I was right.

You didn't need to comment though surely? If you only wanted to see, I mean.

Sorry if I've "offended" anyone by doing such an unforgivable crime, I should've known better! So sorry :(:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Lmfao are you serious?

Lol yeah, she just isnt really about anymore. I think shes left it a bit too late in releasing new material because most of her younger fans will probably find her embarrassing now, that was almost 4 years ago :O
    I dont think she'll ever be as successful as she was during TF because she turned herself into some kind of commodity/joke