CW's The Tomorrow People - Season 1 (US Pace)

1235»

Comments

• koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very sad news. Season 2 had so much potential after the finale.

The way it was set up it would have just been more of the same. They even reset John so there was no growth there.

If channels are not going to learn lessons then this will happen again and again.

They should learn from Person of Interest how to do a show that actually grows and does go over the same old ground all the time.

This was a missed opportunity. The biggest mistake was having it about the TMs against Ultra, rather than having a series about a group of TMs investigating alien or supernatural problems.
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    This was a missed opportunity. The biggest mistake was having it about the TMs against Ultra, rather than having a series about a group of TMs investigating alien or supernatural problems.

The missed opportunity was the WHOLE show. It bore none of the charm of the original (and yes they could have made a cool show in 2014 based on the original) instead of making a generic and supremely bland show about - well - very little, actually.

So glad it's gone. But yes, if networks continue to allow showrunners to make these dreary characterless clones of each other then this is going to happen time after time.

Sadly, those lessons are rarely learned by these fools!
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karis wrote: »
    The missed opportunity was the WHOLE show. It bore none of the charm of the original (and yes they could have made a cool show in 2014 based on the original) instead of making a generic and supremely bland show about - well - very little, actually.

So glad it's gone. But yes, if networks continue to allow showrunners to make these dreary characterless clones of each other then this is going to happen time after time.

Sadly, those lessons are rarely learned by these fools!

I have to agree. I am glad the CW saw the mess the Supernatural spinoff was and didn't take that up. Perhaps Julie Plec's shine will now come off and they will give new people a chance to shine. Casting Robbie Amell as the lead was a big problem. The actor playing John had so much more charisma and could lead a show. The character of Cara was one dimensional and I just hated Russell. If the viewers don't like the majority of the characters a series has no chance. I think the Vampire Diaries is only surviving because viewers 'fancy' one or other of the cast!