Options

[GAME] Battle Of The Seasons 4: Live Show 3

Comments

• Options
    Arran_DempsterArran_Dempster Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excuse the short comments, and I literally searched for four hours for Andy.
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah Ryan glad you're here, that means we have a full house in a way. :)

So it's mixed comments for Stacey but will she have something better for the next show?

Back to the 2013 class and with Ukraine's entry from this year, it's XYRA!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlBxw7P9QGY
  • Options
    pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Girls this was a really enjoyable entertaining song choice. I'm unsure whether some parts of the song suited ye especially where the Ukrainian accent was evident but overall I think it did work better than the accoustic covers ye have been doing and was enough for ye to make it through. Well done girls! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Girls...I hated this. I just think it didn't suit you. I thought the accents were too strong on the sound and didn't make me believe it. It felt too Eurovisiony if you know what I mean and I just really didn't like this. It felt tacky and cheap and I just wasn't a fan I am afraid. I do think it will see you through but good luck in the vote!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No girls No. Hated it completely if I'm honest. It just makes me feel like there could've been better songs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still a bit upset by Pingu's comment on Nicola :( I watched her audition over and over again and thought the singer sounded really like her
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, not exactly what the girls wanted to hear, could they be in trouble tonight?

Once more to the 2012 class and with a cover of Norway's entry from this year, it's Jahmene Douglas!
    http://youtu.be/83eMxUGC9G8
    Note:Try imagine more powerful vocals to this song as there are no singers from Eurovision that have similar vocals to Jahmene.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, i could criticise you Jahmene. If Paul looked hard enough then you could've found a song that suited you. You could've found a better cover.
    But like it was surprisingly hard for Andy, I can imagine it was hard for you so I hope you don't leave.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jahmene I thought this was a really lovely performance. Obviously your voice is a lot more powerful than the cover artist and you have a higher range but I looked for ages and could not find any eurovision act that shared these qualities. I actually think it matched your lower range and it was a beautiful performance and song.Well done Jahmene!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jahmene, out of all the acts, this theme was definitely the worst for you. I can't think of any artist that suits you. However, I think this was quite good in a way. It suited that more high pitch voice that you have. It was definitely missing the soul which is what I love about you but I think you did the best you could with the theme. Good luck in the vote and I hope you get through!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjh8 wrote: »
    Jahmene I thought this was a really lovely performance. Obviously your voice is a lot more powerful than the cover artist and you have a higher range but I looked for ages and could not find any eurovision act that shared these qualities. I actually think it matched your lower range and it was a beautiful performance and song.Well done Jahmene!

The same happened with Andy - dislike this theme.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pjh8 wrote: »
    I'm still a bit upset by Pingu's comment on Nicola :( I watched her audition over and over again and thought the singer sounded really like her

Right, it wasn't as bad as I made out. You'd know that if you looked at my rankings ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reasonable feedback for Jahmene, but what did you viewers think of that?

Back to the 2007 class and I think it's time we went up-tempo again, here is Alisha Bennett!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBdrjyurKxg
    Note: This was from a competition to choose who to represent the UK in 2008.
  • Options
    Ryan11Ryan11 Posts: 4,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abi Alton - I'm really happy with that performance. I feel like this week we've got you back on track! We still have some things to work on but I thought it was a beautiful performance.

Nicola Marie - Hmm I'm undecided. On one hand I prefer this to last week, but you're still not quite there yet.

Harmony Hood - Again, this was another amazing performance by you guys. You're so consistent it's unbelievable. You're definitely a front runner so far.

Andy Williams - I don't know about this. I think you could have had a better song, this didn't really suit you at all to be honest.

Stacey McClean - I loved this! It's very up to date and I love this style for you, it completely suits you. I really hope we get to see more from you.

XYRA - I took advice I was given last week and chose to give you a more fun song. I loved it! The vocals were amazing, well done, I'm so proud of you girls!

Jahmene Douglas - I'm really not a fan of this. I know it would've been hard but surely there were other songs that suited you better? This just didn't suit you at all and seemed like a completely random choice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The same happened with Andy - dislike this theme.

Tbh, I think you could have picked a good song for Andy if you just did a little change of direction for this theme. Ignoring the electro and focusing on the Pop/RnB side.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Standing Ovation*
    After two ballads we brought out your dance diva! I loved how well it suited your tone - well done Alisha.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Alisha, I really enjoyed that. It suited your soulful voice really well and I really love how you went a bit more upbeat and showed a completely different side to you. Your voice and your everything was just incredible. Really impressed with that so well done gurrrllll. Great choice from Arran and it will definitely seer you through. Well done once again!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the crowed really enjoyed that one and so did the judges, but how about you viewers at home watching tonight's programme felt about this one?

Once more to the 2009 class and get ready to raise your hands, it's Jamie Archer!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGWuCSbxIzE
    Note: This was one of the nominees to represent Sweden this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alisha you really impressed me last week. This week I found it really enjoyable and there were a lot of aspects that suited you well.I think picking a UK song may be a tad predictable but overall I found it really fun and your vocal was amazing! Well done Alisha!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    *Standing Ovation*

Jamie, I am so proud of you. That was out of this world. Eurovision is definitely not good for rock so it was very hard to find a good song but I think this was just perfect for you. It really suited your voice and let you show off your more rocky side instead of the more emotional side. Really good job my man and I really hope that the public vote as you just have to be here next week!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamie, I do think that suited you well but I did prefer your last two soft rock performances over this which was a bit too heavy metal for you. I do adore you and think this was really good considering the theme but I hope that Pingu goes back to what he's been doing previously with you if you do stay. Well done Jamie! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goo performance for Eurovision - I liked it a lot!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well rock is rare for Eurovision but Jamie certainly rocked it out tonight, but did he rock your world, viewers?

Once more to the 2007 class and with Greece's entry from 2008, it's W4!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HIk_7ZTBkM
    Note: imagine more harmonies during the backing vocals
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh girls, I really didn't like this. This theme is probably most suited to the girl groups as there is so much pop in the Eurovsion. However, both have been really dire. It just felt too young and ahhh if you know what I mean rather than your more RnB side which is what I love. It just felt so random and I think you have really let me down tonight. Good luck in the vote!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Standing Ovation*
    That was so fun and so you!