Options

Do we have any other episode names for Series 8?

TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,946
Forum Member
✭✭✭
We are only a few weeks out from the beginning of Series 8. Do we know the names of any of the other episodes besides Deep Breath? And, if so, what are they?

Comments

• Options
    Lady of TrakenLady of Traken Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Theophile take a look in the Spoilers and Information Coming in thread. In sure they are posted in there
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Currently know as being in use - at the time:
    Episode 2: Into The Dalek
    Episode 3: Robots of Sherwood
    Episode 4: Listen
    Episode 5: Time Heist
    Episode 9: Flatline
    Episode 12 (and 11?): Death in Heaven

Rumored:
    Episode 7: Kill the Moon
    Episode 8: Mummy on the Orient Express

Denied by Gareth Roberts:
    Episode 6: Coal Hill Disaster
  • Options
    TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Theophile take a look in the Spoilers and Information Coming in thread. In sure they are posted in there

Thanks for the tip, but I'd rather avoid and eschew spoilers and spoiler threads.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Episode 6 is now rumoured to be called ...
    The Caretaker
  • Options
    garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    Can't wait for episode 2
  • Options
    StephenHKentStephenHKent Posts: 1,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Currently know as being in use - at the time:
    Episode 2: Into The Dalek
    Episode 3: Robots of Sherwood
    Episode 4: Listen
    Episode 5: Time Heist
    Episode 9: Flatline
    Episode 12 (and 11?): Death in Heaven

Rumored:
    Episode 7: Kill the Moon
    Episode 8: Mummy on the Orient Express

Denied by Gareth Roberts:
    Episode 6: Coal Hill Disaster

Death in Heaven is a fabulous title. PS does anyone think it's a bit weird that this series seems NOT to be about the doctors search for Gallifrey, after the revelations of the 50th anniversary episode?
  • Options
    Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Death in Heaven is a fabulous title. PS does anyone think it's a bit weird that this series seems NOT to be about the doctors search for Gallifrey, after the revelations of the 50th anniversary episode?

Rumour is that over on GB, they got spoilers and used them to successfully deduce the series finale and arc, so the BBC scrapped it and changed the plan last minute.
  • Options
    kirbyreedkirbyreed Posts: 1,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rumour is that over on GB, they got spoilers and used them to successfully deduce the series finale and arc, so the BBC scrapped it and changed the plan last minute.

Really? Does anybody know what that would have been?
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    The thing about arc deduction is highly unlikely to be true. The site is still only populated by a relatively niche selection of fans and if the leak of 5 scripts and an episode isn't enough to warrant any changes, some plot deduction on GB certainly wouldn't bring changes either.

That being said I do understand that there is a major element of the finale that has indeed been rewritten. The only feasible cause seems to be the acquiring of a particular actor which is an indicator that perhaps to some extent or other The Master might have been lined up to appear at some point, and that now doesn't seem to be the case. If I was to delve into wishful thinking it would be that that they chose an actor for the role of The Master and have decided to postpone the characters return so that they can still use the actor they have in mind, as and when they become available. I say this as someone who doesn't and didn't want The Master to come back quite yet, but if Charles Dance were to get the role I certainly wouldn't complain! :D