Has DS decided to close opinions on Islam?

2»

Comments

• BoyardBoyard Posts: 5,393
    Forum Member
    Just change Muslim to Jew in that post and tell me whether you would find it offensive. Now tell me why I shouldn't think your post is offensive.

Just look up previous conflicts and what happened to the moderates in such cases. There's no point being offended by history. The moderates are irrelevant when terrorism is involved. It's always been so.
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Boyard wrote: »
    Just look up previous conflicts and what happened to the moderates in such cases. There's no point being offended by history. The moderates are irrelevant when terrorism is involved. It's always been so.

Congratulations on totally avoiding the question.
  • LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Threads only get closed because the racists and Islamophobes make inflammatory statements that sometimes stray rather close to inciting racial hatred and breaking the law.

If they'd just behave themselves, we could discuss Islam and its impact on world events all day long.
  • LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    LakieLady wrote: »
    Threads only get closed because the racists and Islamophobes make inflammatory statements that sometimes stray rather close to inciting racial hatred and breaking the law.

If they'd just behave themselves, we could discuss Islam and its impact on world events all day long.

How about: The British Conservative Party is more pro-Islam than pro-Christianity. Discuss?
  • angarrackangarrack Posts: 5,493
    Forum Member
    riceuten wrote: »
    So can making offensive remark - just saying. If I saw a calm debate about the issue, I'd be more bothered, but it's the same old lies/exaggerations/stereotypes day-in, day-out.

You could say the same about a lot of other topics. Some of the offensive thread titles speak for themselves - there is no need to go any further because you know it is an invitation to propagate even more bile against the subject of the thread starter's wrath.

Why Islam is singled out for censorship is puzzling.
  • warlordwarlord Posts: 3,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    Presumably he's an attention seeker.
    Islam isn't a problem though. To say it is condemns the religion of a quarter of the population of the world.
    Islam is defined by the Quran, Hadith and Sura....and by sharia law and a mass of fatwas.
    By saying Islam is not a problem, you claim that forcible conversion combined with a mandatory death penalty for blasphemy or apostasy is "not a problem"....among other things.
    Some extremist Muslims are of course, a problem, but that is not the same as 'Islam' taken as a whole.
    The mainstream media is obsessed with the idea that there are "moderates" and "extremists" everywhere. If Goebbels was still alive, they would be busy trying to classify him as moderate or extremist.
    Groups such as Al Qaeda, ISIS, Boko Haram and Hamas have not invented any new Islamic doctrine.

Actually any identifiable group of people can be designated as a race.
    But yeah, I get what you mean. A lot of racists use the 'Islam isn't a race' card to duck the argument.
    Simpler to call them prejudiced or bigoted, then everybody knows where they stand.

The Liberal Democrats are not a race; criticising their energy policy is not a manifestation of racism or bigotry. Anyone can become a Muslim, and any Muslim can become an ex-Muslim. If you do become a Muslim, you are expected to believe that the prophet visited Jerusalem by flying there on a horse with wings; if you can't believe such a thing, you do not become a racist.
This discussion has been closed.