Options

EE: Denny's hair

13»

Comments

• Options
    AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    I was an effeminate child, my gramps didn't agree and used to criticise my parents telling them I was mothered too much and subsequently they used to criticise me for anything I did that was out of the ordinary and it helped to cause my low self esteem as a teenager. Children should not be picked on in this way. If a boy wants to play with dolls or have long hair there is nothing wrong with that. If girls want to play football there is nothing wrong with that. Our society needs to stop following stupid rules that are harmful.

I totally agree I wouldn't care if my sons or daughters hair length, sport they like etc. I care about them being healthy and happy so if my son wanted long hair and my daughter wanted a football for her birthday and it made them happy I would do that for them. My son has short hair as that's his choice, my daughter has long hair and my youngest is too little to care about hair. Unless it was dirty, tangled etc I don't care how they have it.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,316
    Forum Member
    I totally agree I wouldn't care if my sons or daughters hair length, sport they like etc. I care about them being healthy and happy so if my son wanted long hair and my daughter wanted a football for her birthday and it made them happy I would do that for them. My son has short hair as that's his choice, my daughter has long hair and my youngest is too little to care about hair. Unless it was dirty, tangled etc I don't care how they have it.

We should be encouraging children to form their own identities and for them to develop their own styles rather than making snide comments. It will give them more confidence and help with them being more creative.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We should be encouraging children to form their own identities and for them to develop their own styles rather than making snide comments. It will give them more confidence and help with them being more creative.

Exactly I want them to grow as people not be oppressed by others. I care more about their kindness, health and happiness then their looks/interests. I always thought Phil was lucky with Ben, would love a child who wanted to go to musicals with me male or female.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Exactly I want them to grow as people not be oppressed by others. I care more about their kindness, health and happiness then their looks/interests. I always thought Phil was lucky with Ben, would love a child who wanted to go to musicals with me male or female.

You should have been my mum even though you are much to young, we would have been like Linda and Johnny :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You should have been my mum even though you are much to young, we would have been like Linda and Johnny :D

OMG can you imagine? Sooooo much fun. And you love EE too. I need to age up here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OMG can you imagine? Sooooo much fun. And you love EE too. I need to age up here.

I don't mind becoming a bit younger :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like his hair, you get boys who have their hair like that.mi am not sure what the problem is. You may not know this, but in 2014 boys can have long hair too!

God, dont think I've heard that said (with different year obv) sunce the 70's
  • Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    He reminded me of Sam Mitchell in some of his scenes