Options

The Cher Lloyd Appreciation Thread

Thought I'd make an appreciation thread for her as she doesn't have one yet.

Good act for people who like that Hip Hop/RnB styled music.

Cheryl seemed to like her !

Comments

• Options
    Music_boxMusic_box Posts: 1,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's really good. :D My favourite so far. (Not that there have been any other stand-outs)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love her. New favourite already, is the best so far IMO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she'll go very far in the competition :)
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love her! She's great.

She reminded me of Cheryl for some reason.
  • Options
    Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, really liked her audition. Really cool and current. :) Can't wait to see what she does next!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    I love her! She's great.

:eek: Take it back, please take it back! :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »

I'm still calling her mini Cheryl!

They have similar looks, both have a tattoo on their hands, and have nearly the same names.

:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cher should win, already.:D
  • Options
    myoldmatemyoldmate Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a cert for the live shows, and I'm glad about that 'cos she's really good.
  • Options
    SweetlikeheavenSweetlikeheaven Posts: 5,035
    Forum Member
    Definately my favourite so far
    & she really reminded me of Cheryl too

I loved the song choice, but I really hope they don't try and change her
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    I adore her. This is my kinda music and we haven't really got artists like these tbh. Young ones. I think she's one to watch. I just hope they don't hype her up too much!
  • Options
    tj hazukitj hazuki Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm from the states, watching X Factor, and none so far has caught my attention the way Cher has! I hope she goes far :).

Does she have a myspace; would love to see if she has any originals..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was brilliant, rarely any women R&B singers come on the X Factor and she was so good.

Really hope she makes lives!
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she wants a career in music, then i think it's best that she doesn't make it to the live shows. It doesn't matter what judge she has as her mentor, none of them will know what to do with her. Even if she won the show, she'd be signed to Simon Cowell!! The only artists careers that he's handled well are Ill Divo and Leona Lewis, and they haven't exactly been around for a long time. Simon wouldn't know what the hell to do with a female rnb artist. It's better if she doesn't make it through and hopefully she'll be seen by someone else and get snapped up.
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love her :D She lives near me and one of my friends know her personally.

Cher ftw. <3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she wants a career in music, then i think it's best that she doesn't make it to the live shows. It doesn't matter what judge she has as her mentor, none of them will know what to do with her. Even if she won the show, she'd be signed to Simon Cowell!! The only artists careers that he's handled well are Ill Divo and Leona Lewis, and they haven't exactly been around for a long time. Simon wouldn't know what the hell to do with a female rnb artist. It's better if she doesn't make it through and hopefully she'll be seen by someone else and get snapped up.

She could always do a Diana and refuse to sign with Simon if she doesn't win. I'm sure she'll be snapped up pretty quickly as she's the type of artist that is 'big' right now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought she was brilliant, my favourite so far i think :D
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She would be fine with Cheryl - similar taste in music and a fondness for ripped trousers and hand tatoos. ;)

And she would be fine on Syco. They work with all the right producers these days. They've signed Labrinth and Alexandra Burke is doing pretty well with them - although she is more of a pop artist.

And she needs to win first before that becomes a worry! My concern for her in the shorter term is that she'll struggle with the theme weeks. Her appeal was in the "whole package" and that included the clothes she wore and the song she sang which allowed her to display some rarely seen attitude on this show. I'm not sure how that will translate to ABBA week. :rolleyes:

But I hope she gets through because she had the best audition of the series so far, IMO.
  • Options
    Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty much can't stop watching her audition! :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    I want her to win but then if she does, Simon will change her won't he? :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she has a really good chance of making it to the live shows, but i thin k it really depeneds who her mentor is
    origionally simon was ment to have the girls and cheryl to groups. But now it seems to have changed and cheryl has the girls and simon the groups. I think if cheryls her mentor she certain to make the lives, if its simon theres a chance he might put someone else through

I don't thi k syco would change her. She is what simon likes to call "very relevent" and i think he knows thats her style and would be stupid to try and change that
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty much can't stop watching her audition! :p

I've watched is soooo many times too :D
  • Options
    douknowotimean?douknowotimean? Posts: 1,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If there's any justice in the world Cher will win The X Factor. Why? Because she is the only one, who so far, has stood out for me and I'm not even into her type of music.
  • Options
    tj hazukitj hazuki Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know which one is the real Cher on twitter..

Cher already has 13,000 fans on Facebook!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tj hazuki wrote: »
    I don't know which one is the real Cher on twitter..

Cher already has 13,000 fans on Facebook!

I'm pretty certain its @CherLloydX
This discussion has been closed.