East Street discussion

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone looking forward to this? :p

From Wikipedia
"East Street" is a charity crossover mini-episode between British soap operas Coronation Street and EastEnders.[1] It will be broadcast on 19 November 2010 as part of children's charity Children in Need's 2010 telethon on BBC One,[2] in the 9–9.30 pm timeslot.[3] It stars several actors from both television shows, and depicts humorous encounters between their characters.

It is the first time characters from both shows come face-to-face, and takes place on the sets of both programmes,[4] including the Rovers Return Inn and The Queen Victoria public houses.[5] EastEnders cast who took part in the mini-episode include Laurie Brett (Jane Beale), Charlie G. Hawkins (Darren Miller), Kylie Babbington (Jodie Gold), Nina Wadia (Zainab Masood), John Partridge (Christian Clarke),[2] Diane Parish (Denise Johnson), Jessie Wallace (Kat Moon),[1] Shane Richie (Alfie Moon),[5] Ricky Norwood (Fatboy), Nitin Ganatra (Masood Ahmed),[6] Shona McGarty (Whitney Dean)[7] and Jamie Borthwick (Jay Brown).[1] The stars from Coronation Street who appear include Sue Cleaver (Eileen Grimshaw), Antony Cotton (Sean Tully), Julie Hesmondhalgh (Hayley Cropper), Shobna Gulati (Sunita Alahan),[2] Beverley Callard (Liz McDonald), Kym Marsh (Michelle Connor), Helen Worth (Gail Platt),[1] Jimmi Harkishin (Dev Alahan) and Ryan Thomas (Jason Grimshaw).[6] Callard, Marsh, Worth, Harkishin and Thomas visited the EastEnders set, Partridge, Hawkins, Brett, Wadia and Babbington visited the Coronation Street set, while the other cast members remained on their respective usual sets.[6]

Comments

• MODTLMODTL Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should be good - hope they don't show this during the 7.30-8.00/8.30-9.00 period when I'll be watching Corrie as per usual.
  • Jimmy SkitzJimmy Skitz Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll have to iplayer it due to work so I'm glad they put the actual time of the slot on
  • LaneKentLaneKent Posts: 2,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They just had a preview on the news. Not going to watch myself although liked this
    "You ain't in Weatherfield now darlin", Kat to Liz
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The east street part should be shown between 9pm and 9.30 for anyone that is interested.
  • Richieboy87Richieboy87 Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to it :p:p
  • samusek2samusek2 Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is it going to be shown during CIN? Will they show it in pieces seperating the Coronation Street part from the Eastenders part or will it all air non stop? How long will it run for? I heard it was a mini-episode but I see that it's being shown in a regular half hour slot.

I'm not familiar with how CIN works.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    samusek2 wrote: »
    How is it going to be shown during CIN? Will they show it in pieces seperating the Coronation Street part from the Eastenders part or will it all air non stop? How long will it run for? I heard it was a mini-episode but I see that it's being shown in a regular half hour slot.

I'm not familiar with how CIN works.

I think it's on sometime between 9 and 930 but I'm not sure exactly how long it's on for as I know there's a few other things going on in that slot to like the CIN single I think. I assume it will be shown as one continuous clip maybe 15-20 mins? Don't hold me to it though
  • Kat_SlaterKat_Slater Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    This is sooooooooo funny!!!
  • dan85dan85 Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's gr8! Shaun and Christian, hahahaha!
  • LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sunita and Zainab thing was so cringeworthy! :eek:

Kat and Liz are gold though.
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Cringeworthilly bad.
  • MuteBananaMuteBanana Posts: 3,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody has bettered Darren's opening line 'I love a woman with a firm handshake'
    Forum Member
    Kat is GOLD!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    EE YA

eres ya chips and graaaveh

this is gold.
  • iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is turning out to be really funny.
  • LenfaircloughLenfairclough Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very funny and in great spirit... hated the Zainab/Sunita bit tho
  • Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cringeworthilly bad.

Yep. Have to agree so far and I was looking forward to it too. :(
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat has been awesome in this lol. I quite like it.
  • dan85dan85 Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fat Boy and Gail in the same scene... never thought I'd see the day!
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do they have Xmas decorations up so early
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the black widows meeting:D

nice pairings
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Denise and Gail hahahahaha
  • LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gail and Deknees = moment of the night.
    Forum Member
    Gail vs Denise! lol
  • Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, Gail and Denise trying to beat each other at serial killer husbands was good :D