Facebook privacy-how to stop people posting on your wall

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,762
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I just wondered if it still possible to customize the settings with your wall on facebook? I have tried but can't seem to find any way of doing it. I used to have the settings where certain people couldn't make comments on my wall, but Facebook seems to have changed this and one them posted something on my wall today. I really don't want to delete anyone or hide my wall from everyone, I think it's really stupid that you can't control this anymore :( unless I just havent figured out how to do it.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you can still do 'lists' of people and set the list of people to settings that cant post? Or you can change settings so every wall post / picture has to be approved by you before it can be put on wall.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jude1979 wrote: »
    I think you can still do 'lists' of people and set the list of people to settings that cant post? Or you can change settings so every wall post / picture has to be approved by you before it can be put on wall.

Oh ok that sounds good do you know if I have to go to Privacy settings for that? because I couldnt see that option or is it in the friends bit.
  • moanzalotmoanzalot Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    wh are you even friends with people who you dont want to write on your wall? makes no sense
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does make sense, because some people are just aquaintences or people from work and I want to be polite theres no harm in being friends on facebook, I just don't like certain people writing stuff on my wall when they could message me in private if they need to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes you can, you can do it person by person, or for a whole list.

I do it on my birthday, I have around 20 friends who can post on my wall for my birthday if they so desire, but anyone else I reckon would have seen my birthday in the top right, and from there just posted on my wall... I see no point in that

You need to make it so that they can't see posts by others on your wall, from there they can't post on your wall, I believe it's the only way to do it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TigerBlood wrote: »
    Yes you can, you can do it person by person, or for a whole list.

I do it on my birthday, I have around 20 friends who can post on my wall for my birthday if they so desire, but anyone else I reckon would have seen my birthday in the top right, and from there just posted on my wall... I see no point in that

You need to make it so that they can't see posts by others on your wall, from there they can't post on your wall, I believe it's the only way to do it

okay thanks, do you know if I go to the privacy settings to change that or somwhere else?
  • simondsUU933wsimondsUU933w Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just ask them not to post on your wall??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    okay thanks, do you know if I go to the privacy settings to change that or somwhere else?

Account -> Privacy Settings -> How You Connect -> Who Can See Wall Posts by Others on my Wall

Change the settings there
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Sorry to hi-jack this thread......but as someone new to FB, can anyone tell me why it's saying my security is low and to make it secure I have to add another e-mail address and a mobile number? I'm not going to put any number on there, so is this just a scam to get your number or is the security really 'low'?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TigerBlood wrote: »
    Account -> Privacy Settings -> How You Connect -> Who Can See Wall Posts by Others on my Wall

Change the settings there

Thank you, hmm the person is already on that list with a few others so I thought he wouldnt be able to post to my wall but he still can. There used to be a setting where it said who can post to my wall -only me, friends, or custom but now custom is no longer there so I guess either you have to let everyone post on your wall or only you.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hi-jack this thread......but as someone new to FB, can anyone tell me why it's saying my security is low and to make it secure I have to add another e-mail address and a mobile number? I'm not going to put any number on there, so is this just a scam to get your number or is the security really 'low'?

It's just other ways to protect your account. If you have a mobile set up, you can set it so it sends you a pin to put in if you log in form a computer different to normal. Just to prove it is you, rather than someone has got hold of your password somehow.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    It's just other ways to protect your account. If you have a mobile set up, you can set it so it sends you a pin to put in if you log in form a computer different to normal. Just to prove it is you, rather than someone has got hold of your password somehow.
    Ah, OK, thanks. I notice that every time I log out the phone thing comes up too.
  • frostfrost Posts: 4,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does make sense, because some people are just aquaintences or people from work

Then you shouldnt have them on facebook.

It's adding people like that that causes most of the problems you hear people having on facebook to begin with.
  • dslrocksdslrocks Posts: 7,207
    Forum Member
    Ah, OK, thanks. I notice that every time I log out the phone thing comes up too.
    Does it for me too but there's no need to give them your phone number if you do not so wish to. The 'security' argument is a load of pants anyway, as facebook will send an email to you if you log in from an 'unknown' computer, and also ask you to name it or something when you login.