Options

Been offered compensation for being the victim of a car crash

2»

Comments

• Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No this is not a scam. The same thing happened to my sister. She didn't take the lower amount and went for the medical and got the full amount. I can't remember the full details of her case but reading the OP I can remeber it happening to her. It is not the same as the calls/texts we all receive regarding the accident we were supposed to have had, which we don't know about ( just had two missed call and one text while I was in a lecture). And as you have said it was from a soliciter and you have put a claim in. I would go for the medical because as you rightly said there's nothing for you to lose. Good luck.

You would have to prove that whatever injury you got caused you some sort of financial penalty or affected your quality of life, i.e. you couldn't work, suffered severe pain, had to attend medical appointments, etc. Clearly in the OP's case, they were able to enjoy that nice new Mini Cooper while their own car was in the garage, i.e. the injury caused them relatively little inconvenience. A medical report at the time of the accident would also be required.
  • Options
    JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went for a medical report yesterday and was honest. I said I'd suffered minor whiplash and couldn't hoover or iron for a couple of days but didn't go so far as to say I had time off work. They even asked me if I had nightmares from it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nvingo wrote: »
    The only details being passed around are mobile 'phone IMEIs.
    I have an old mobile which when I bought a smartphone lay dormant for six months hence the mobile service (T-mobile) ceased the number for the SIM.
    So I cannot ring or text the number I had for that 'phone.
    Yet it still receives texts for PPI and accident claims.
    Irrespective, I've never bought loan insurance and my genuine accident was satisfactorily (:cool:) settled.

That's not correct. Where on earth do you think they pull the IMEI from? What nonsense :D
  • Options
    nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    That's not correct. Where on earth do you think they pull the IMEI from? What nonsense :D
    Well they aren't sending messages to my phone number. Because I've tried ringing and texting the number I had on that SIM, and nothing gets through. Yet the PPI/accident claims messages do,