So what has Nigels Critics have to say Now?

12346»

Comments

• Old Man 43Old Man 43 Posts: 6,214
    Forum Member
    I think leaving the EU would be the worst decision that this country could ever make.
  • allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Old Man 43 wrote: »
    I think leaving the EU would be the worst decision that this country could ever make.

Perhaps you can tell us how Britain has benefitted from EU membership, how our economiy has gone from strength to strength, how we are individually better off and the improvements in our social structure......bet you can't.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If one runner beats another runner is he a 'better' runner. If a debating dick beats another debating dick is he a better debating dick than the other? It was not my choice of phraseology but it makes common sense, God forbid that you apply it. I still say that if the beaten debating dick is the Deputy PM of UK then that seems to me at least to be a problem. Unless of course a dick is something special. If you want a definition of dick then you will need to go back to another poster.

Especially when the Deputy PM was the one who called for the debate in the first place - probably and naively assuming an easy victory.

Folk can come up with all the peurile schoolyard invective they like about Farage. It might make them feel better. But the fact is and remains that he has wiped the floor with the Deputy PM in face to face debate, following an invitation to debate by that Deputy PM. This is the frequent outcome if you casually assume that your opponent is a "fruit loop" or whatever other schoolboy term.

I wonder if Cameron or Miliband will now step up to the plate ? Somehow I don't think so ;-)
  • ZaphodskiZaphodski Posts: 4,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's so tedious when the pro EU camp / UKIP bashers subconsciously discard the word 'controlled' in the phrase 'controlled immigration' and hurl the terms racist, nazi etc around. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong however I am under the impression that I just can't turn up in the US, Australia, Canada etc with the aim of looking for a job (...or welfare...). These are not institutionally racist countries. Although I think the UK should be doing more to create our own capable and motivated workforce (eg more apprenticeships, less generous welfare access, no Uni fees for medical / STEM subjects) I have no problem with a foreign national (EU or otherwise) taking, say, a dentist post in the UK if they meet UK standards and there isn't a UK national who can do the job.

This is how other non EU countries work and I just don't see how this can be seized upon by UKIP bashers as racist?