Marlon and Toya

PaleHorsePaleHorse Posts: 5,681
Forum Member
= Ike and Tina Turner. :cool:

Comments

• Desy BoyDesy Boy Posts: 2,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Except Marlon can't string three words together let alone three verses and Toya is mental. But they are black so...
  • PaleHorsePaleHorse Posts: 5,681
    Forum Member
    The comparison was more because of their volatile chemistry than the fact that they're black (though that does help the comparison). But yeah, I expected the whole knee-jerk "you're a racist" response. Also, not sure how any of what you said discounts the comparison.
  • clandestinyclandestiny Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Silly thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PaleHorse wrote: »
    The comparison was more because of their volatile chemistry than the fact that they're black (though that does help the comparison). But yeah, I expected the whole knee-jerk "you're a racist" response. Also, not sure how any of what you said discounts the comparison.

Of course you expected it. That's why you did it. Because that's what you are.
    Forum Member
    Oh ffs. A silly joke that's getting vilified for nothing. If you've really got a problem with the thread, then let it sink and avoid getting on your high horse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh ffs. A silly joke that's getting vilified for nothing. If you've really got a problem with the thread, then let it sink and avoid getting on your high horse.

Mate it's your joke. Don't blame me because it's not funny. At all. You admit that you tried to provoke a reaction. You provoked a dismissive reaction now you're crying about it. If it was funny in any way I honestly would have laughed but it just wasn't mate. That's the most disappointing thing. Try harder next time.
    Forum Member
    Except you're not simply saying that it's not funny, you're doing me one better and calling me a racist. Or was that a joke that also happened to die on its arse?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Except you're not simply saying that it's not funny, you're doing me one better and calling me a racist. Or was that a joke that also happened to die on its arse?

Both really. Doesn't exactly help when a shit joke is also a bit racist. Kinda paints you into a corner.
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so who can be elizebeth taylor and her ex husband?:p
  • queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Toya and Marlon - both gobby and want the last word.
    Forum Member
    Desy Boy wrote: »
    Both really. Doesn't exactly help when a shit joke is also a bit racist. Kinda paints you into a corner.

Or maybe you're just over-reactionary. *shrug* It happens. Anyways, don't lose any sleep over it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gentleguy wrote: »
    so who can be elizebeth taylor and her ex husband?:p

Evidently someone white. See how funny this game is PaleHorse? Funny, funny, funny.
    Forum Member
    Evidently someone white. See how funny this game is PaleHorse? Funny, funny, funny.

Yeah, you're really showing me the light. Jeremy Kyle better watch out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or maybe you're just over-reactionary. *shrug* It happens. Anyways, don't lose any sleep over it.

An over reactionary reaction to something you wanted people to react to? Ok then. Seriously I'm not angry, I just think that it's a bit lame, that's why my initial response was a bit like 'whatever'. Like I said just try harder. Nothing worse than trying to poke an issue with an unfunny joke. It's just so... lame.
    Forum Member
    Desy, if it helps speed along this cringy moral crusade of your's, fine, I'm a racist. It wasn't at all a comparison to Ike and Tina's legendary penchant for knocking seven shades of shit outta each other, it was because they're black. I hope you'll get some sleep now.
  • queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Palehorse and Desy Boy - shake hands. Stop it :)

I'm of colour and I took no offence to it, just a silly joke.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Desy, if it helps speed along this cringy moral crusade of your's, fine, I'm a racist. It wasn't at all a comparison to Ike and Tina's legendary penchant for knocking seven shades of shit outta each other, it was because they're black. I hope you'll get some sleep now.

Lol. You're getting better at this.
  • clandestinyclandestiny Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zzzzzzzzz
  • benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marlon showed what a arse he really is so f****** irritating >:(
    Forum Member
    Desy, if I can compare me and you to Toya and Marlon, will that also be misconstrued as racism?
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who cares about skin colour. Toya loves the sound of her own voice, especially when she is ranting at someone, and Marlon needs to clean up his mouth. It is about the gobs on them that's all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    queenshaks wrote: »
    Palehorse and Desy Boy - shake hands. Stop it :)

I'm of colour and I took no offence to it, just a silly joke.

Well done you. I actually took no offense honestly other than the joke was a bit laboured and shit and he was begging for a reaction. He got a dismissive one but desperately wants to make something more out of it. In reality it was just very hackish. No more severe crime than a hacky joke.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Desy, if I can compare me and you to Toya and Marlon, will that also be misconstrued as racism?

It'll be misconstrued as funny.
    Forum Member
    Well done you. I actually took no offense honestly other than the joke was a bit laboured and shit and he was begging for a reaction. He got a dismissive one but desperately wants to make something more out of it. In reality it was just very hackish. No more severe crime than a hacky joke.

I'm the one that's wanting to make something more of it? I conceded that I was a racist (and I'm obviously not) in the hopes that you'd quit badgering me! :D I want you to know that if we were conversing on any other site than DS, I'd call you quite a few names that would involve expletives. :)