The Emmerdale Discussion Thread (Spoilers in tags — Part 12)

Comments

• chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    Charenton wrote: »
    According to Chambers English Dictionary, evilness means "the state of being evil: wickedness".

Which just about sums up Carl perfectly.

So it IS a word! Great.

Now, who on here is tall enough to slap him for me?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makara wrote: »
    Perhaps I might be the only one to stick their head over the Parapet, but is/was Nathan really any "nastier" than his enemies (especially Cain)?

Not at all. What Nathan did to Ryan was horrible (in fairness you could say he was only trying to make dullard Ryan's life more interesting) but it's nowhere near as bad some of the things Cain has gotten away with.

Of course everyone knows that when you are a Dingle you are above getting a comeuppance.
    Forum Member
    Not at all. What Nathan did to Ryan was horrible (in fairness you could say he was only trying to make dullard Ryan's life more interesting) but it's nowhere near as bad some of the things Cain has gotten away with.

Of course everyone knows that when you are a Dingle you are above getting a comeuppance.

And if you are Zak Dingle you are above getting a job.

Honestly, it's time that lazy bloke did some work to help his poor drudge of a wife pay for everything.

Costs him nowt to live, that bloke. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    Not at all. What Nathan did to Ryan was horrible (in fairness you could say he was only trying to make dullard Ryan's life more interesting) but it's nowhere near as bad some of the things Cain has gotten away with

Great - thanks, only Viv could say what she means without caring what everyone else thinks of her honesty ;-)
  • sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Honestly, it's time that lazy bloke did some work to help his poor drudge of a wife pay for everything.

The poor guy managed to earn £64 the other day :eek::D
  • albiexalbiex Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryan is still going about with a face like a wet weekend and whining about everything and at everyone, saying that his life has been ruined, so is his mother, who likes to forget that none of it would have happened if she had kept her word.

Why, for God's sake? He was completely cleared. He should be ecstatic. He didn't have a hard time in prison either. How many other prisoners get to spend their time flirting with the warden?
    He gets worse treatment from Cain in the garage.
    Forum Member
    If Ryan really feels like his life is ruined then maybe he should move to another part of the country and make a new start.

Hasn't he inherited some money from Mark's Will?
    If so maybe he could start his own garage business.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah yes but Ryan has a new enemy to play with now....the delectable DS Dishy.
  • dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fumb Duck wrote: »

I dont blame Ryan having a go at that DS. The smarmy sod really had it in for Ryan when he was arrested. I love the way Katie thinks that Ryan will just 'get over it' in time. I certainly wouldnt.

Having said that though Ryan is a moody sod lately :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Ryan really feels like his life is ruined then maybe he should move to another part of the country and make a new start.

Hasn't he inherited some money from Mark's Will?
    If so maybe he could start his own garage business.

The money might be still tied up,it can take months to sort out inheritance .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Zak really is a lazy sod,I'm bored with him & his Onslow from Keeping Up Appearances act :D
  • pudseymrcvspudseymrcvs Posts: 3,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delectable? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delectable? :confused:

Oh yes :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eye of the beholder, I suppose. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is a bit worn in places but hey, beggars cant be choosers :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eye of the beholder, I suppose. :)

He's not my cup of tea,Katie has the worst taste in men :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    I'd just like to congratulate Sophie Powles on her portrayal of Holly.
    I actually find it hard to watch her because of how lost and empty she has become. I'm not generally a wimp for anything and have had (professionally) a fair bit to do with the real thing,
    The whole family is played very very well and at the heart of it, this lost little girl.
    Much kudos to you Sophie.
  • albiexalbiex Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, Molesworth 1 and I'm astonished to read that some found her distress amusing. :confused:
    I think last night was the beginning of the end of the drugs storyline.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is a bit worn in places but hey, beggars cant be choosers :D

Katie's begging? :eek: Oh well, I suppose her supply has rather run out. :D
  • AllasdairAllasdair Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Makara wrote: »
    Also, I can't stand Declan - especially the way he treated Nathan at the "final departure" - why was he so nasty towards him, when he (Nathan) wasn't that much of an enemy?

Earlier in this thread, it was mentioned Declan might be the next Matthew King - I disagree - Matthew was in the "J.R. (Dallas)" league of Baddies - Declan is nothing but a petty pretender.

I think that Declan is a younger version of Donald De Souza.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Declan is supposed to be a 'baddie' in any way. The actor has said the Maceys will bring fun to Home Farm.
  • will2510will2510 Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When does Father Jack appear? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will2510 wrote: »
    When does Father Jack appear? :D

Just in time for Christmas Day Mass :p
    Forum Member