Have a Sky Mini Dish and would like to receive Hotbird@13E

Hi there,

Just moved to Aberdeen and would like to know whether if I can use my mesh Sky Minidish to receive Hotbird 13E in Aberdeen area. I have a Humax receiver which was operating fine in previous house. If yes will I will need to replace the Sky's LNB, I am asking this because the current LNB on the dish is the dual Output socket which are fitted to the default Sky box which enables the DVB feature, while the hotbird from what i recall was definately as ny humax box only takes one wire in. Will I need to rewire if Sky Dish is fine to receive Hotbird signal. I also noticed the current sky dish wire is thinner than the usual wire for Hotbird as I have compared it to my old Hotbird wires.

Clearly not satellite Techi or literate.

Thanks in advance,

Mo

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Your dish is to small for 13E from your location.
    At the very least a 1M dish or bigger is required.
  • data123data123 Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    Have a look at http://www.satbeams.com/footprints choose Hotbird & click on Aberdeen
    it says the Recommended dish size you need is 55cm
  • ProDaveProDave Posts: 11,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But in Aberdeen, it will be a Zone 2 sky dish, so should be about 55cm or thereabouts.

You won't need to change the LNB, it will work fine with just one of it's outputs used.

But you WILL need to re align it, assuming it's still pointing at 28.2E
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    treebor wrote: »
    Your dish is to small for 13E from your location.
    At the very least a 1M dish or bigger is required.

I'm in Aberdeen and I've picked up 13e no problem with a lidl's 60cm dish used in Ballater, Deeisde., but I'm no expert.
    I think the thinner wire is the shot gun cable used by s*y.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Hi all, many thanks for all the helpful replies. Now releived to know no need to replace the dish. The current LNB fitted have the thin wire will it be good enough for the Hotbird. Thanks Mo
  • LongBallPleaseLongBallPlease Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd of said your dish will be fine, Hotbird is very strong.