The Rebecca Ferguson Appreciation Thread

Comments

• DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mitacond wrote: »
    I love her she has that certain something about her. I like Rebecca, Gamu and Matt this year.;)

Wow mita, glad to be on the same page for once! I like these 3 as well, plus I also like Cher and not sure of Katie but she has a good voice!

I do think that there is something special about Rebecca, she just needs more confidence. I remember Leona being very shy and nervous up to boot camp though! So watch this space!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm looking forward to Rebecca's performance this weekend. "Fireflies" I believe. Her choice of songs is excellent. :D
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rebecca was excellent tonight. Her best so far, she is really coming into herself now. I really hope she has got through.
  • myoldmatemyoldmate Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A much more assured performance. I think she's on a roll and will only get better.
  • mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi I hope Rebecca who is one of my favs., gets through tomorrow. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Solid and beautiful performance of Fireflies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope that Rebecca is in Cheryls final 3 she is one of my favs., Yeah Rebecca.;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's enjoy some Rebecca at Judge's House

Bravo!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she is amazing. I love her voice, her tone, her style of clothes, the way she carries herself. Very nice girl! I hope she does well!!
  • DisnaeDisnae Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    I'm so glad Rebecca got through. There's not been a lot of hype about her so far but her singing is wonderful and she has quite a unique sound. i think she's great!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember Leona being very shy and nervous up to boot camp though! So watch this space!

Yes, Leona was vulnerable and non-threatening, which worked in her favour, because she attracted a considerable number of female votes -- essential to winning this show -- whereas a cocky, overconfident attitude sometimes has the opposite effect, driving people away.

It's hard to imagine Rebecca ever being cocky, hanging arround outside Bargain Booze or the Cabbage Hall Pub. I much prefer this version. :D

This is what the X-Factor is for -- to catch people who have slipped through the net.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so glad Rebecca is through, I jsut wish Cheryl wasn't her mentor. But Yay Rebecca.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am so pleased both of my favs., have got through love Rebecca and Matt is my other fav., woooow I can see them both giving us some fantastic performances throughout the show.;)
  • cfc86cfc86 Posts: 31,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Rebecca even if I wanna slap her mentor but that isn't her fault.
    I hope we see this girl for a long time and will be backing her to win. I look forward to talking to people on this thread about her and having my nerves played with every Saturday and Sunday night.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Showing some love for Rebecca xxx
  • Truth TellerTruth Teller Posts: 9,126
    Forum Member
    So pleased Rebecca got through - my fav girl:)
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Didn't really like her, but she turned me around at judge's houses =) she could be very good with the right song.
    Love for Rebecca <3
  • cfc86cfc86 Posts: 31,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope this thread will get busy from next week. She's the best act there and should go far.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she's the only voice in the girls category this year. I'm sure she'll have no trouble reaching top 5.
  • crazy_moo 123crazy_moo 123 Posts: 4,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    love for Rebbecca she has an amazing voice and her lack of confidence is so sweet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Rebecca. She's one of the very very few singers who actually moves me, and certainly the only one on this years XF. I agree that she's rather 1940 or 50s. I only hope that XF doesn't ruin her as it does with so many people who have a natural talent. I'm sure Simon will want some all-singing all-dancing clone to win as usual.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    Absolutely the best female singer in the competition.
  • myoldmatemyoldmate Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just hope that she can rapidly improve her confidence/performance issues. The risk being that the other Judges will highlight that at every chance, the effect of which will only serve to undermine her self belief even further.

Love this girl to bits and want her to win but she needs to get a spine, let's hope Cheryl and Brian work some magic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the Judges make a big deal of her confidance issues I can see her gaining support from the audience. Anyhow she really seems to have come on in leaps and bounds since her first audition, her bootcamp performance was pretty strong. Hopefully Cheryl will sort her out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a big Rebecca fan.

I'm not worried about the confidence, it can be learned and the public will warm to her, she seems a lovely person with a fantastic voice. She's got a great look too so I've no doubt she'll do well.

I just wanna hug her tight and tell her how good she is. :)