Options

missing channels

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 582
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi there, yesterday I fitted up my Bush SD freesat box in hte spare bedroom so I could watch the FA cup ManU game, I first installed a London post code and ITV 1 wasn't there along with ITV 4 but the ITV 1 plus channel was there, so I installed a YORK postcode and everything tuned in, how could this come about?

Comments

• Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could it be htat your dish in not aligned properly, so maybe you are missing certain channels on a certain frequency, which may just happen to be the London ITV frequency, i am sure others will know other channels to try that share it's transponder.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've no problems with the TV down stairs, this is linked to the same dish.
  • Options
    SteveMcKSteveMcK Posts: 5,458
    Forum Member
    newbee wrote: »
    I've no problems with the TV down stairs, this is linked to the same dish.

Linked how? By a separate cable from the LNB, or did you split the existing cable? If you split the cable it won't work properly, and you'll have problems like missing channels.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SteveMcK wrote: »
    Linked how? By a separate cable from the LNB, or did you split the existing cable? If you split the cable it won't work properly, and you'll have problems like missing channels.

I have 4 twin feeds from the LNB all independant, no split cable
  • Options
    BangersBangers Posts: 3,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you not thought about swapping the boxes around then to see whether the problem is a faulty box or a faulty cable/connection?