Dot View Case?

allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
Forum Member
✭✭
Has anyone with an HTC M8 got a dot view case?
I know it has problems such as taking photos but I tried one out in the O2 shop and it looks quite good (apart from the weather which wouldn't show up on it)
Thoughts?

Comments

• SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,243
    Forum Member
    allie4 wrote: »
    Has anyone with an HTC M8 got a dot view case?
    I know it has problems such as taking photos but I tried one out in the O2 shop and it looks quite good (apart from the weather which wouldn't show up on it)
    Thoughts?

Waste of money but looks good. The reason I don't rate it is that instead of using tiny discreet led's in the case it relays on the phone shining through. Since doing that requires the backlight to be on in the phone I think it's a style statement instead of something special and new befitting a 2014 flagship product.
  • Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They do look good but reviews have not been good for them.

If you decide to get one though I've seen several deals on the UK Hot Deals site.
  • allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They do look good but reviews have not been good for them.

If you decide to get one though I've seen several deals on the UK Hot Deals site.

Thanks Mark! They are very iffy but if they work they're reasonably good protection and they do look cool!
    As Soundbox said it's not really up to the HTC standard for build etc but I can get it at a pretty good price with my O2 friends. However, I might wait and see if HTC produce a better one.
    Now off to Hot Deals to check them out..... hours of fun!
    Also (just a thought) do you know much about the Nexus 7 tablet? I tried one belonging to a colleague at work and loved it. I'm Android-crazy now!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Mark! They are very iffy but if they work they're reasonably good protection and they do look cool!
    As Soundbox said it's not really up to the HTC standard for build etc but I can get it at a pretty good price with my O2 friends. However, I might wait and see if HTC produce a better one.
    Also (just a thought) do you know much about the Nexus 7 tablet? I tried one belonging to a colleague at work and loved it. I'm Android-crazy now!

Sorry don't know too much about the Nexus although my wife has I think it's a Asus and loves it (got a good deal on it through UK Hotdeals ;) ).

Glad you're enjoying Android even after your dodgy Z2 (when you posted about the Z2 being faulty I thought Christ that's not a good 1st impression).
  • ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member

I have a nexus 10 tablet, its a great tablet. It is a couple of years old, so there are better tablets out there, but for the price you cant go wrong. The N7 has had a recent update, so wont suffer the same problems as the N10.

If you are after a tablet, then you cant go far wrong with either of these two.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry don't know too much about the Nexus although my wife has I think it's a Asus and loves it (got a good deal on it through UK Hotdeals ;) ).

Glad you're enjoying Android even after your dodgy Z2 (when you posted about the Z2 being faulty I thought Christ that's not a good 1st impression).

:D:D:D:D It wasn't Android's fault so I just went a bit off the Z2! It's a great shame they sent out so many dodgy handsets because it's a lovely bit of kit. But I don't regret my HTC for one second. Think it's probably easier to use than the Sony - I still get a bit puzzled sometimes but it's really very easy and a good intro to Android!
    Good for you and your wife getting a good deal from UKHDs! My husband said he'd never heard of it! I have an iPad already so I don't really need another tablet......:blush::blush: I'm just obsessed with gadgets and truly love them (when they work!!) I think maybe I'll ask for a Nexus for Xmas from my family and with any luck there'll be a new good deal out there!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

ACU wrote: »
    I have a nexus 10 tablet, its a great tablet. It is a couple of years old, so there are better tablets out there, but for the price you cant go wrong. The N7 has had a recent update, so wont suffer the same problems as the N10.

If you are after a tablet, then you cant go far wrong with either of these two.

Don't know what went wrong there (told you I wasn't a techie!) but I mean to post this double one and not the other! Thanks, ACU for your endorsement of the Nexus.
    I'm trying to justify having another tablet....... can't think of any reasons so far!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's just plain mean!!! :D:D:D My husband's going to hate you! (I'll let you know if I go ahead with that):p

EDIT - Just had a look! It's not a HUGE amount of money, is it? Should I... shouldn't I?
    I should probably get a re-conditioned one but I feel a bit funny about having someone else's.... could be there was a fault? If I get one I'll go for the 32 GB as 16 is pretty useless if I play a load of games!
    Thanks for the link, Mark!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had to get it!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had to get it!!!

That's good. :D

At least you will get a decent warranty with that one.

I was even tempted myself but only use either my phone or the desktop if I want to do anything more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's good. :D

At least you will get a decent warranty with that one.

I was even tempted myself but only use either my phone or the desktop if I want to do anything more.

Feeling guilty now - I'm such a gadget freak.:blush::blush::blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feeling guilty now - I'm such a gadget freak.:blush::blush::blush:

Just think of it that your saving money on the long run. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just think of it that your saving money on the long run. ;)

:D:D:D:D:D