Options

Ryan Hawley best newcomer?

2»

Comments

• Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd vote him the award. Robert's complex, at times unfathomable, morally cowardly, a devoted cheat and a manipulator. For many weeks his scheming and cheating pretty much eclipsed all else going on in ED. That's down to good acting imo.

His chemistry with Aaron is undoubtedly strong and also on the plus side he is fearless in battle, never afraid to take a beating and at times he seems to even invite physical rough contact. So he's not just some wet office exec. He's quite aggressive, can operate happily among the lowlifes of society and it's pretty dynamic for a new character. He's not nice, but not dislikeable to me...and I think that's testament to the actor playing the part so well.

I feel like the writers are now softening his character possibly in line with the wishes of the large Robron fandom so it'll be interesting to see how he can adjust to any change of direction.
  • Options
    BBKINGREALITYBBKINGREALITY Posts: 3,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    I'd vote him the award. Robert's complex, at times unfathomable, morally cowardly, a devoted cheat and a manipulator. For many weeks his scheming and cheating pretty much eclipsed all else going on in ED. That's down to good acting imo.

His chemistry with Aaron is undoubtedly strong and also on the plus side he is fearless in battle, never afraid to take a beating and at times he seems to even invite physical rough contact. So he's not just some wet office exec. He's quite aggressive, can operate happily among the lowlifes of society and it's pretty dynamic for a new character. He's not nice, but not dislikeable to me...and I think that's testament to the actor playing the part so well.

I feel like the writers are now softening his character possibly in line with the wishes of the large Robron fandom so it'll be interesting to see how he can adjust to any change of direction.
    Very well dissected :). Its good to see david with a bit more dynamic edge to him now as well.
  • Options
    Alanna_HousdenAlanna_Housden Posts: 3,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I think he's brilliant. I totally forget that someone else has played Robert when I watch him.

I'd like to second this! No disrespect to Karl but I sometimes forget, like you said, that Ryan hasn't always played Robert. Which makes Ryan even more impressive as an actor I think.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't keen on him at first but know I think he plays a great character.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to second this! No disrespect to Karl but I sometimes forget, like you said, that Ryan hasn't always played Robert. Which makes Ryan even more impressive as an actor I think.

I agree. Karl is brilliant (as shown in Happy Valley, among other roles) but it took me about 2 scenes to love Ryan!