mimicolemimicole Posts: 51,040
    Forum Member
    Thank you!

Still no sign and more snow.

Aww:( Hope she returns soon.
  • Options
    ShuttermazeShuttermaze Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    Ohh Stud, I am so sorry that your Princess isn't home with you yet. I am still keeping everything crossed for you. xx
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Thanks. Still not back yet.
  • Options
    snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,193
    Forum Member
    oh I am sorry......dont give up
  • Options
    Forum Member
    oh I am sorry......dont give up

Thanks. I haven't. Her scratching post, basket,toys and food bowls are all where she left them.

I just don't know how long is logical to wait.
  • Options
    cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you put flyers through letterboxes in your area - asking people to check their sheds, caravans, out-houses etc?

A friend's cat went missing and he eventually found it in a neighbour's caravan. The neighbour had been airing it a few days earlier and the cat must have crept in before he locked it up again.

My friend heard it crying late one night when he was taking his dog for a walk.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cosmo wrote: »
    Have you put flyers through letterboxes in your area - asking people to check their sheds, caravans, out-houses etc?

And two local newspaper adverts. A combined area of 80,000 homes.
  • Options
    magsy56magsy56 Posts: 2,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And two local newspaper adverts. A combined area of 80,000 homes.
    Stud - was anyone in your locality having building work done? The reason I ask is we had builders in and they always checked their vans before they left for the day - they said they had had numerous cats jumping in open van doors in the past.

I know it may be clutching at straws but it may be worth asking neighbours.
  • Options
    ShuttermazeShuttermaze Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    Stud, I am so sorry to read that Princess still isn't home with you. Here's hoping you get some news soon. xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    magsy56 wrote: »
    Stud - was anyone in your locality having building work done? The reason I ask is we had builders in and they always checked their vans before they left for the day - they said they had had numerous cats jumping in open van doors in the past.

I know it may be clutching at straws but it may be worth asking neighbours.

Thanks. I know some cats do as they like the warm.

There is also the under floor boards idea but she is a shy cat and not been known to go into houses.

We have plenty of vans about . I never encouraged going out the front. In two years I never saw her out there only in the back.
  • Options
    magsy56magsy56 Posts: 2,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I know some cats do as they like the warm.

There is also the under floor boards idea but she is a shy cat and not been known to go into houses.

We have plenty of vans about . I never encouraged going out the front. In two years I never saw her out there only in the back.
    I really hope you find out something soon, don't give up yet.
  • Options
    rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear she still isn't home..I hope you have some good news soon.
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    I am sorry too, Stud. It's been a while now, though of course cats have been known to show up years after a disappearance, and nonchalantly carry on as if nothing had happened. At some point soon though, you're going to have to decide how likely she is to show up again, and act accordingly. I lost a cat last spring, it took us 5 months to decide to get another.
  • Options
    snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,193
    Forum Member
    Positive Vibes
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never give up. Stud