Why do people allow their dogs to cr*p on pavements...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
Forum Member
✭✭
...instead of training them to cr*p when they get home ?

Comments

• stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Every pavement I walk down to town is covered in it. Dog owners should pass an intelligence and hygiene test if they want to keep dogs.

Cats are more civilised. They dig holes.
  • NathalieRNathalieR Posts: 16,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its gross if its not picked up afterwards but can you really train a dog to poo at a certain time and not when it just needs to?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shouldn't you be reading Shakespeare?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,512
    Forum Member
    Not many would invest the time needed (if even possible) to train their dogs to that level.

They should always clear up after their animal and poo smeared all over the pavement is really foul. Lazy, selfish g*ts.
  • ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sometimes the dog is just put out to roam the streets. I used to see that all the time when I lived in London.
  • jasvinyljasvinyl Posts: 14,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do people allow their dogs to cr*p on pavements...

'cus they're crap owners.
    Forum Member
    Sometimes the dog is just put out to roam the streets. I used to see that all the time when I lived in London.

I haven't seen this for years as the dog unit captures them and then charges 70 pounds kennel fee.
  • chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    When I lived in halls in London, the cul-de-sac where we lived was always full of dog crap. Aaaall the way down the road, dog shit..EVERYWHERE.

Baffles me to think that the homeowners on the street were happy to leave all that poo on their street.

Rank.

Still love dogs though :D
  • Stiffy78Stiffy78 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind them allowing their dogs to crap on the pavement providing they pick it up.
    Those that don't are selfish gits.
  • XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member
    My dog poops on the grass when we're out. I can't control the poor dog's bowels. He's been trained, at home, to go on grass, so it's what he knows. I always (without fail) clear it up properly though.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    ...instead of training them to cr*p when they get home ?

As long as they pick it up then I dont see a huge problem, after all it is rather hard to get a dog you are taking for a walk to not go to the loo if they want to. As I say as long as they do the old pooper scopper thing.

I know some people advocate training them to go in the gutter, but many dogs have actually been hit by cars doing this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as they clear it up that is fine. It's the lazy sods who leave it for people to step into I hate, or the ones that look away and pretend they can't see what the dog is doing .
    Forum Member
    Brit1Chick wrote: »
    As long as they clear it up that is fine. It's the lazy sods who leave it for people to step into I hate, or the ones that look away and pretend they can't see what the dog is doing .

The latest trick is to pretend to clean it up and wait for the observer to get fed up and move on.

I've heard people boast about it. I dread to think what the interiors of their homes are like.
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I admit that I haven't been able to house train my pet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP1q5ierKVQ
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whut did make me :rolleyes: a bit, was someone had put their sh*t in a thin sandwich bag, and left it on the pavement.

so they didn't chuck the bag into the undergrowth so no one else could tread on it, but mostly, the thing wouldn't even decompose and get cleared up naturally in a couple of weeks because it was in a plastic bag.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of us do clean up after our dogs and get a bit fed up with generalised accusing thread titles. :rolleyes:

The main problem is people who don't even bother to take their dogs for a proper walk and just let them out to wander the streets all day. Those are the dogs which do most of the offending crapping.

It happens a lot in the area where I live with the same dogs out wandering unsupervised every day. Yet, the local dog wardens prefer to pick on the easy targets - i.e. those of who are responsible and take our animals for walks on leads - instead of rounding up the wanderers or even bothering to try and track down and fine their owners.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have a dog, you pick their mess up.
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After having not stepped in dog shite for years I have done it twice in the past month!!

There is always a fresh steaming pile on my road - I'd feel no way about telling off the stupid owner if I ever I caught them :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cstar2229 wrote: »
    You have a dog, you pick their mess up.

I always do.
  • technology_lovetechnology_love Posts: 3,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    itv sucks wrote: »
    I always do.

me 2 :)
  • NailzNailz Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any dog walkers out without a poop bag need arresting as they obviously have no intention of picking it up when it inevitably happens.
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worst offenders around here are parents dropping children off at school, they tie the dog to the fence and take little Sue or Mark into the school and look away from anything their dog has done while they are gone. Then they have the nerve to say they are fed up of stepping in poo near the school gates !!