ED April

srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
Forum Member
I really, really hate children. I mean really. And I bloody love her! She's so cute and charming, her line delivery is so sweet and the writing for her is great. The best thing in ED at the moment. It's really heartwarming to watch, bless her.
Her scene with Carly tonight was hilarious, genius pairing. More scenes like this please Kate Oates!

Comments

• Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I just hope they don't overdo it, we know she's cute but soon she won't be as with all soap children the writers seem to forget it just becomes obnoxious when they get older.
  • srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I just hope they don't overdo it, we know she's cute but soon she won't be as with all soap children the writers seem to forget it just becomes obnoxious when they get older.

True, all nice soap kids seem to turn into vile horrors as they grow up. I do hope they buck the trend with April and keep her lovely.
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    srhgts wrote: »
    True, all nice soap kids seem to turn into vile horrors as they grow up. I do hope they buck the trend with April and keep her lovely.

If Simon & Chesney on Corrie are anything to by. With Simon his little asides and his grown up speak in a child's body was making him look obnoxious and a know it all. Thankfully they have toned that down with him of late. Chesney is a miserable git now he's all grown up.

April is a little sweetheart. I'm like the OP where I find most child characters in soaps annoying but I have to say Emmerdale have a good bunch of child actors at the mo with April, Samson and Jacob being my current favourites.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    srhgts wrote: »
    I really, really hate children. I mean really. And I bloody love her! She's so cute and charming, her line delivery is so sweet and the writing for her is great. The best thing in ED at the moment. It's really heartwarming to watch, bless her.
    Her scene with Carly tonight was hilarious, genius pairing. More scenes like this please Kate Oates!
    Me too, and she's no exception (Amelia Spencer is and Samson's OK).
    Precocious brat.
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    Wyezed wrote: »
    Me too, and she's no exception (Amelia Spencer is and Samson's OK).
    Precocious brat.

Do you mean the character or actress? That's a bit much saying that about such a little girl.
  • MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 20,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's adorable. I always smile when she is on screen. Reminds me of my nephew.:)