Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Willow33 wrote: »
    Ken and Tracey walk in to the Rovers and Rob asks what was the outcome, Ken says Peter pleaded not guilty... Rob turned away and made that face, surely somebody saw his reaction???
    Very annoying and the complete opposite of subtle. Like he wants to be caught!!
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very annoying and the complete opposite of subtle. Like he wants to be caught!!

Ah but 'tis the Corrie equivalent of the Shakespearian aside. ;-) It'll be Tina's ghost next. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Lloyd grabs Andrea's phone from her for literally two seconds if even that. In those two seconds he learns how to work it and text back to Neil "I'm in the pub if you wanna talk" without pressing any more than a couple of keys to do it. Amazing!

Kirk has bought Beth an engagement ring as a surprise. There is no way he can tell if it is going to be the correct size.

So that the intellectuals in Weatherfield were not left stuck after the library burned down Roy installed shelves of books in the cafe. Well done Roy. Just the spot for a relaxing cappuccino and a read of Great Expectations. But what actually happens is.....Foghorn Yasmeen , the former head librarian , takes control of the cafe so the village idiot Kirk can read a gaggle of disruptive kids a fairy story. Why? Because it is pure gold entertainment and oh so funny. Or perhaps it is simply because it is in the script.
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think our Gazza has ever been a man!

10 minutes in the army and he has post traumatic stress?

Judge much?:confused:
  • Options
    Masher29Masher29 Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    Jenna tells Yasmeen to come back at 4:30 to set up for the 5:00 story telling time. Andrea tells Eileen Lloyd booked a table at the Bistro for Jenna to join them at 3:00. Jenna leaves the cafe with story time already started as Roy walks in to join Lloyd and Andrea at the Bistro.

Did I get that right?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Masher29 wrote: »
    Jenna tells Yasmeen to come back at 4:30 to set up for the 5:00 story telling time. Andrea tells Eileen Lloyd booked a table at the Bistro for Jenna to join them at 3:00. Jenna leaves the cafe with story time already started as Roy walks in to join Lloyd and Andrea at the Bistro.

Did I get that right?

No, not quite, but you thought the same thing as I did at first. The table was booked for three people, not for three o'clock. As I say, I thought they were talking about the time (I can't remember who said it) and not the number of people at first.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Suddenly Michelle's an event planner? How did that happen?
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the NHS it seems to take three months
  • Options
    Masher29Masher29 Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    No, not quite, but you thought the same thing as I did at first. The table was booked for three people, not for three o'clock. As I say, I thought they were talking about the time (I can't remember who said it) and not the number of people at first.

Thank you...:blush:
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Even Peter's so called motive seems very flimsy. He allegedly murdered Tina to stop her revealing details of the affair to Carla. But several people already knew of the affair meaning Carla would find out almost as soon as the police investigation got underway, making the murder utterly futile (and Peter facing a life sentence on top of the failure of his marriage).

Carla already knew as Peter had told her himself. Remember Carla went looking for her and announced to all and sundry that she was: "going to kill her" just before Tina was found. As you say Peter's motive doesn't stand up.
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    For some reason, I thought it was three to six months. And I'd assume an ice cream seller would need one.

CRB checks wouldn't take so long. People who apply for jobs with children e.g. teachers, child care etc would then have to wait around for months before getting a job otherwise.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    The Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and the Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA) have merged to become the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). CRB checks are now called DBS checks.
  • Options
    fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Masher29 wrote: »
    Jenna tells Yasmeen to come back at 4:30 to set up for the 5:00 story telling time.

That in itself is an SOR, since when do they have children's events late afternoon/early evening? Bearing in mind story time things are aimed at pre-schoolers (and the worlds oldest nursery attendee, Liam.) Our local library has story times at 11am or 1pm I think.

Ok I appreciate it's not being held in the library anymore so it has to fit around the cafe schedule but I can't imagine many kids would have gone at that time. Most would be at home getting their tea!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fayemian wrote: »
    That in itself is an SOR, since when do they have children's events late afternoon/early evening? Bearing in mind story time things are aimed at pre-schoolers (and the worlds oldest nursery attendee, Liam.) Our local library has story times at 11am or 1pm I think.

Ok I appreciate it's not being held in the library anymore so it has to fit around the cafe schedule but I can't imagine many kids would have gone at that time. Most would be at home getting their tea!

And where did the kids and Mrs Foghorn meet? Yasmeen just marched into the cafe with the kids. Wouldn't the mums have dropped the kids off at the cafe or even stayed with them? Maria did. ;-) Who would let Yasmeen just take their children off into a public cafe? Disclosures all round? Did Beth have one?

What rubbish.
  • Options
    LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member

Im Soapland anyone can change their career or get a career over night :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Because she decided and because she is multi-talented like Jason Grimshaw. ;-)
  • Options
    fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    And where did the kids and Mrs Foghorn meet? Yasmeen just marched into the cafe with the kids. Wouldn't the mums have dropped the kids off at the cafe or even stayed with them? Maria did. ;-) Who would let Yasmeen just take their children off into a public cafe? Disclosures all round? Did Beth have one?

What rubbish.

You'd definitely stay with children that age, it's a toddler group not a crèche. As much as I'd love to dump my son at something like that and bugger off for an hour to myself ;-) it just wouldn't happen.
  • Options
    GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and the Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA) have merged to become the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). CRB checks are now called DBS checks.

I have had loads of checks done on me because of my employment and the longest it has taken is 2.5 weeks. It has usually been 2 weeks or less.
  • Options
    Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if this has already been mentioned but is everyone going to be buying engagement rings from Barlow's Buys now. First Tim now Kirk. Can they not go to a proper jewellers? Ah of course not, silly me , that would mean going out of the street.
  • Options
    mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    Rachael. wrote: »
    Sorry if this has already been mentioned but is everyone going to be buying engagement rings from Barlow's Buys now. First Tim now Kirk. Can they not go to a proper jewellers? Ah of course not, silly me , that would mean going out of the street.

And where did Kirk find the money to buy such a whopper? Assuming it's gold/platinum and diamond, that was some heart-shaped rock he showed to Craig!

A quick Google and I found this ring but I'm sure Kirk's one was bigger. Unless it's just costume jewellery of course. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just thinking the same thing that was a big stone! I wonder if there's another comedy scene coming up where Beth's finger turns green because it was a fake........
  • Options
    ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just thinking the same thing that was a big stone! I wonder if there's another comedy scene coming up where Beth's finger turns green because it was a fake........

It looked like a ring you would buy from a toy shop for a child to play dress up with .
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Wouldn't the mums have dropped the kids off at the cafe or even stayed with them? Maria did. ;-)
    Biggest SOR of the night for me - Maria spending quality time with Liam.

Shame max didn't go along, he'd have shown yasmean who's boss
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Plus it means we have to have more scenes of sneering gurning Tracy talking to the customers like crap, which I suppose is meant to be 'hilarious' and 'comical'. Just like the time Dennis sold her the engagement ring, and surprise surprise she told Rita.

Why would anyone give her their custom when there must be many other shops like that? So stupid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly. No one on the street likes Tracy so it is a big SOR that any of them actually use her shop!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    Every Ice Cream Van that I've known has needed to keep it's engine running whilst parked in order to provide power to keep the freezers running. Yet Michael can park-up his (presumably fully-stocked) van outside Gail's without any problems. Magic!
This discussion has been closed.