what we want in 2013 from virgin media tv

Asian ChannelAsian Channel Posts: 884
Forum Member
✭✭
Geo tv and geo news sky news hd a dynamic epg more apps on tivo like netflix and love film more music like mtv classic and maybe capital and heart

Comments

• RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't claim to speak for everybody with your wishlist ;)
  • jj20xjj20x Posts: 2,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't claim to speak for everybody with your wishlist ;)

Although Geo TV & News wouldn't surprise me with VM's current trend of adding new international channels.
  • Asian ChannelAsian Channel Posts: 884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw sky atlantic at mates house and honestly I thought it was boring its like one big blackberry advert but i guess it would be nice to have
  • nobabydaddynobabydaddy Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    International channels

Russia Today

Food Network
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any reason why VM cant offer the same Asian freebies as Sky does? Along the lines of ARY News or PTV Global etc etc
  • OLD BOYOLD BOY Posts: 2,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw sky atlantic at mates house and honestly I thought it was boring its like one big blackberry advert but i guess it would be nice to have
    Nonetheless, they have exclusive content on there, some of which is worth seeing.

Daytime on Sky Atlantic is nothing special.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ad is vomit-inducing. A phone does not change the quality of your life & allow you meet gorgeous models, as they want you to believe!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    Food Network
    ITV2 HD
    ITV3 HD
    ITV4 HD
    Sky News HD

TVE International
    RTP International
    Deutsche Welle
    CCTV 4
    RAI Uno
    BVN
    TVP Polonia
    TRT Turk
    ERT World
    RIK Sat
    RTR Russia
    Rede Record TV
  • R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want channels that are actually wanted, not niche channels that hardly anyone has heard of.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    R410 wrote: »
    I want channels that are actually wanted, not niche channels that hardly anyone has heard of.

So what channels are wanted then? Realistically, all the decent channels in this country are already on VM apart from awful FTA channels one sees on Sky.

VM should absolutely have niche channels. There are people from different backgrounds that live in this country as well as people learning languages.
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ........No more price rises?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ad is vomit-inducing. A phone does not change the quality of your life & allow you meet gorgeous models, as they want you to believe!!!

Well a Blackberry certainly won 't :D
  • mersey70mersey70 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member

Adverts that want you to believe something that is at best fanciful are indeed insidious. I also find the constant Blackberry ads annoying.

But what was the name of that company that had 25 adverts banned in 18 months because they were 'misleading or factually incorrect' ?

The name escapes me ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19911432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see:

Sky Atlantic.
    Russia Today.
    More HD channels, particularly ITV2, 3 and 4 HD.
    A much more extensive VOD library of programmes.
    Netflix on TIVO (subscription and pay per view options).
    More TIVO apps that are actually worth having.

If we get all that, I will be impressed.

It would be good if VM could do some deals for content with more studios/content providers so that we could have a selection of cable only channels or stuff on demand. The recent price increases and the one announced for next year could be a sign that something is about to happen. Fingers crossed!
  • jj20xjj20x Posts: 2,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    International channels

Russia Today

Food Network

Not having RT has to make VM more attractive to potential customers. :p
    Forum Member
    Deleted
    Forum Member
    OLD BOY wrote: »
    I would like to see:

Sky Atlantic.
    Russia Today.
    More HD channels, particularly ITV2, 3 and 4 HD.
    A much more extensive VOD library of programmes.
    Netflix on TIVO (subscription and pay per view options).
    More TIVO apps that are actually worth having.

If we get all that, I will be impressed.

It would be good if VM could do some deals for content with more studios/content providers so that we could have a selection of cable only channels or stuff on demand. The recent price increases and the one announced for next year could be a sign that something is about to happen. Fingers crossed!

I must say I am very surprised you would like to see some cable only channels. I thought you fundamentally disagreed with exclusivity deals? You said just the other day, quote:-

'I know, mersey, but you shouldn't have to barter for these things, that's what money is for! There is a finite amount of decent content and it is not in anyone's interests that access is denied to people who just happen to be on a different platform'

In fact right through the linked thread you spoke most forcefully against exclusivity deals.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=62977163&highlight=#post62977163
  • MARKIVMARKIV Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    I want to see VM add Sky Sports 3, 4 & F1 in HD!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    MARKIV wrote: »
    I want to see VM add Sky Sports 3, 4 & F1 in HD!

PLEASE !!!
  • RickWhiteRickWhite Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More erotic programming please
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    ITV2 HD
    ITV3 HD
    ITV4 HD

Also no more price increases, but i'm not holding my breath.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mersey70 wrote: »
    I must say I am very surprised you would like to see some cable only channels. I thought you fundamentally disagreed with exclusivity deals? You said just the other day, quote:-

'I know, mersey, but you shouldn't have to barter for these things, that's what money is for! There is a finite amount of decent content and it is not in anyone's interests that access is denied to people who just happen to be on a different platform'

In fact right through the linked thread you spoke most forcefully against exclusivity deals.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=62977163&highlight=#post62977163
    I have no problems with cable only or satellite only channels, as long as the content can be made available to other providers.

My objection is when a channel like Sky Atlantic takes up an exclusive deal with HBO for all its shows, which then cannot be broadcast on any other channel, and Sky hogs the exclusive channel for itself as well. This means that all of those programmes are withheld from the rest of the population until the contract expires.

So an example of what would be acceptable to my mind is if, say, Disney provided a cable only channel packed with material that they have produced in the past, but on a non-exclusive basis. That's fair, because those programmes could be picked up by other channels. Nothing wrong with that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV2 HD
    ITV3 HD
    ITV4 HD

Also no more price increases, but i'm not holding my breath.
    If the rumours are correct, you will get your wish regarding these HD channels early in 2013. Media Boy seems quite confident about this, but remember, it is not official so it can't be absolutely guaranteed.

Price rises, however, are a different matter. The February price rise has already been announced.
  • 1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OLD BOY wrote: »
    Media Boy seems quite confident about this, but remember, it is not official so it can't be absolutely guaranteed.
    I think his confidence has cooled on these channels. He classifies ITV2/3/4 HD as web rumours and says he's heard no more on this since August 2012.
  • anthpiefaceanthpieface Posts: 956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV 2, 3, 4 HD
    Sky sports 3,4 HD
    Sky 3d

:)