Options

This is Most Definitely Not An Appreciation Thread **Part 20**

Comments

• Options
    ViskyVisky Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    duckylucky wrote: »
    Stands to attention and looks drunk while holding a cat and waving a tricolour .

Briefly de-lurks, tries to stand, trips over cat, swears, retreats to lurkdom.

Bejesus.
  • Options
    kittleskittles Posts: 4,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duckylucky wrote: »
    Stands to attention and looks drunk while holding a cat and waving a tricolour .

Buggeration, I was holding the tricolour & waving the cat
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Visky wrote: »

Bejesus.

You are a true DOT! :p
  • Options
    franglemandfranglemand Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bejesus.

That's it! I knew there was meant to be a cat in there somewhere.

That's why we have the chaise longue's. ;) They cushion the fall after you trip over the cat.
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bejesus.

Come back - you're a natural :D
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wine or Beer for me.

Think we were groaning at the seams so a new extension was well overdue.

Hope the regulars & the new all make there way here to unappreciation haven.
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not appreciating the fact my eyes feel as if someone spent the night rubbing them in grass.

Hope they feel better by show time.
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not appreciating the fact my eyes feel as if someone spent the night rubbing them in grass.

Hope they feel better by show time.

You might be lucky and the best way to watch tonight is through puffy eyes, tears and a squint. ;)
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kittles wrote: »

If the truth be told I was holding a scabby stray cat wrapped in three coloured dishcloth to keep him from scrawbing me ( but dont tell Sara V .)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    For some reason the Archers theme is fitting for here. :D

A quick unappreciate that they still haven't told poor Peggy that her husband's dead. Pull the fingers out, script-writers!
    I hope it's ok to appreciate something in this thread. I appreciate the posting of the house rules. I'm middle aged, of Irish extraction, have 2 cats but don't drink whisk(e)y ... I prefer champagne, prosecco, red wines and lager - especailly Corona ...

That's a helevuh cocktail - does it have a name?;)
    Alli-F wrote: »
    I'm Welsh, don't drink and have no cats, but it's all a NEWPORTstate of mind. :p:D
    kittles wrote: »

As I write the RSPCA
    are on their way ...

... to Brighton!

:)
  • Options
    KitKat21KitKat21 Posts: 4,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good grief.

You're all crawling out of the woodwork now! :D:D
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have those bloody barmen arrived yet?

I feel in need of a late, liquid lunch.

*looks about vaguely with crossed eyes*
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's it! I knew there was meant to be a cat in there somewhere.

That's why we have the chaise longue's. ;) They cushion the fall after you trip over the cat.

Knowing my cat, he'll have nabbed the chaise first and expect me to sit on the floor.
  • Options
    CamisCamis Posts: 13,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    As we have a new part of the thread it's time for a reiteration of the DOT Manifesto for those who are too drunk and can't remember or are newby de-lurkers.

What is a Non-App thread?

Well, it's the anti-thesis of an App thread, where you can come to have moan or a laugh, shamelessly take the mick out of the show that we all love. And make up nicknames.
    It's somewhere where you can air little niggles and that is !!!11!!! free, where people don't deliberately misconstrue, don't use up the whole of DS's supply of capital letters and use smilies for their intended purpose.

You can say all the things that would get you thrown out of an App thread.
    We welcome anyone with a witty comment and an attitude.

Why does X pull such weird faces?
    What on earth has Y got on her head, and is it dead?
    Is Z wearing that dress for a bet, and how much did she lose?
    Is Bruce doddery, doddery is Bruce?

Basic T&Cs of this thread (which have no legal basis whatever)
    • Bring a sense of humour with you, and a bottle.
    • Don't come on here for a whine about another thread please
    You can *just* about say anything on here, just be amusing.
    • You don't have to be drunk - just act like it.
    • If you think we are all horrible, try another thread.

But you'll be back by the semi-final when it all goes wild out there
    For all the pish taking the posters in here, we actually love the show as much (if not more, truth be told) than a lot of people 'out there'
    You don't have to be a whisky drinking middle aged woman of Irish extraction with a cat or two. It just helps.

Yay - the manifesto :D

*stands to attention swishing pashmina while swigging from a bottle*
  • Options
    sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Darlings!

I have Mr Darling, Hugh and Robert with me. We are just doing a quick detour. Hope you don't mind? :o

I've sent you all the cute marines to take care of you and Robert's made you a cardboard cut out of him and Hugh to keep you company.

Mr Darling is haggling in Harvey's Nicks for us right now (buying a few little things for you all) while Hugh and I lounge in the Bentley swigging Whisky Macs.

Hugh is being very naughty. He keeps sticking his head out the window at shoppers in Sloane Street and yelling ''ello darling' and then hooting with laughter when they fall off their Laboutins when they see who it is.

I don't know what he had for breakfast, but I don't think it was bacon and eggs. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To celebrate the opening of our new branch in Blackpool and especially apt for life beside the sea at this time of year ...

Sven & Ysbryd proudly present:

The Pashmaja ...

... of the same quality and available in the same range of colours as our core garment the Pashmina, the Pashmaja consists of several Pashminas sewn together to create a stylish onesie with hood and optional mittens ...

Order now for Christmas delivery!
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To celebrate the opening of our new branch in Blackpool and especially apt for life beside the sea at this time of year ...

The Pashmaja ...

... of the same quality and available in the same range of colours as our core garment the Pashmina, the Pashmaja consists of several Pashminas sewn together to create a stylish onesie with hood and optional mittens ...

*places order*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sofakat wrote: »
    Darlings!

I have Mr Darling, Hugh and Robert with me. We are just doing a quick detour. Hope you don't mind? :o

I've sent you all the cute marines to take care of you and Robert's made you a cardboard cut out of him and Hugh to keep you company.

Mr Darling is haggling in Harvey's Nicks for us right now (buying a few little things for you all) while Hugh and I lounge in the Bentley swigging Whisky Macs.

Hugh is being very naughty. He keeps sticking his head out the window at shoppers in Sloane Street and yelling ''ello darling' and then hooting with laughter when they fall off their Laboutins when they see who it is.

I don't know what he had for breakfast, but I don't think it was bacon and eggs. :rolleyes:

Can you tell Hugh to smuggle me some Laboutins back?

;)
  • Options
    RednellRednell Posts: 2,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Pashmaja ...

*Orders half a dozen*

Special thanks for Mr Darling for moving my chaise away from the window and placing it by the logburner.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Think I may give up the drink, watching a bit of CiN last night, whilst drinking wine, I had the sudden thought that it was entirely possible for me to quite fancy one of 1D :o:o:o (not sure which one he is, messy hair and tats, not Harry and not Irish).

I learnt to drive in Blackpool (which is obviously sod all to do with anything :o )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The Pashmaja ...

Oh! fabulous. Can I have one in a Tabby pattern and another in Siamese Bluepoint?

My leopard one at home has a mobile phone pocket. I'd like one of those on both too please.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KitKat21 wrote: »
    Can you tell Hugh to smuggle me some Laboutins back?

;)

Size?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sofakat wrote: »
    Size?

3. I have tiny feet. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KitKat21 wrote: »
    3. I have tiny feet. :o

Oh.

Just like Robert. You may have to fight him for them. :o
  • Options
    TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think I may give up the drink, watching a bit of CiN last night, whilst drinking wine, I had the sudden thought that it was entirely possible for me to quite fancy one of 1D :o:o:o (not sure which one he is, messy hair and tats, not Harry and not Irish).

I learnt to drive in Blackpool (which is obviously sod all to do with anything :o )

Hmm, probably Louis then :p

I've been to Blackpool a couple of times, but all I remember are the illuminations :( (was quite young).

Hope the DO will be Fiona vs Ben, but I'm fully resigned to Mark sadly going.

And to join in on the location/age/pet info:

England (specifically Wolverhampton)
    One cute dog called Ozzie

Drinker status: Can do cider and just about lager, but wine of any sort is a definite no. Will have some Carling Zest later tonight whilst I find out the spoiler and also the Formula 1 qualifying results.

Ok, something I unappreciate: the laziness of some of the pros' choreography. Kristina and Ola are the main offenders, with Iveta and Brendan getting special mentions (Mark's Paso and Rumba, and Sophie's Jive). In the case of Kristina and Ola, it's mainly that they don't seem to let their celeb actually dance - Ben's Rumba was surprisingly lovely and well-danced, but since then it's been basically the Kristina Show (although his Waltz was nice as well). Ola's very hit and miss - her Ballroom is usually pretty good, but her Latin has been very dodgy all series (apart from the Samba, now that was good). Ashley's only just managed to break into the mid 30s, and I feel that with almost any other pro, he would have managed it before now. There's only 1 pro who I think has given great choreography to their celeb all series, and that's Aljaz (honourable mentions go to Anya and Kevin, but they've both had one shocker dance).
This discussion has been closed.