Annual hollyoaks cast cull in 4 months...

Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
Forum Member
✭✭
As we know there's usually a massive explosion / cast cull in mid October around the soaps birthday - we should be getting some build up soon!

Anyone got any ideas what will happen? What would you like to see and who should face the grim reaper?

My guess is it will focus on Patrick and sienna and maybe sineads exit.

Ild like to think it would be something to do with john Paul's rape but we all know it will be a few years till there's any development happening there!

Comments

• RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sinead is leaving?
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RiDsTeR wrote: »
    Sinead is leaving?

There's been lots of rumours with her putting things on twitter that she's making a lot of music. Nothing's confirmed but I think she will leave soon
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't it recently announced Steph Davies signed a new contract?

After Sandy goes I can see some Roscoe's leaving (Ziggy and either Joe/Freddie) obviously character's like Finn and Patrick have a half life. We alreadt know Dennis is leaving; maybe a Lomax? Danny or Tegan.
  • ameredithameredith Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steph Davies has just signed a new contract so she's not going anywhere. I hope they don't kill Finn off though he needs jail for what he did to JP, death is the easy way out.
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Silly me! Didn't know she had signed a new one - I'm glad though I love sinead :blush:
  • bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really wish they'd stop with death as, personally, I've been desensitised to it. I had no emotional reaction at all to any of the deaths for the 18th or Jim or Fraser mainly because they've gone over board with killing characters off. The last time as death in Hollyoaks actually affected me was Lynsey's death and possibly Maddie's, although I think that was more shock than anything.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really wish they'd stop with death as, personally, I've been desensitised to it. I had no emotional reaction at all to any of the deaths for the 18th or Jim or Fraser mainly because they've gone over board with killing characters off. The last time as death in Hollyoaks actually affected me was Lynsey's death and possibly Maddie's, although I think that was more shock than anything.

I laughed at Maddie's death.
  • vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think there will be a major one this year most of the cast only joined last year. I imagine that Trevor and Graces stories will come to a close and Dennis will have his exit in whatever the disaster is this year.

Patricks the only other character that seems to be heading towards an end.
  • DJ JimmyDJ Jimmy Posts: 7,166
    Forum Member
    redrose89 wrote: »

Me too. Loved it. I rewound it many times to make sure she was finally gone.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    DJ Jimmy wrote: »

:D:D:D

Such a fitting end!
  • winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah Maddie. I keep on forgetting what a vile person she was! :D
  • SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,799
    Forum Member
    Id like a house explosion which kills all the Roscoes (I like jason and Robbie, but them being alive might mean new Roscoes descend upon HO, cant take that risk), Sinead, Grace, Diane, George, Tegan, Sonny and Finn.
    Or just some disaster which kills all those i mentioned.
  • MrRenMrRen Posts: 1,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hoping for something that will kill off; Holly, Joe, Grace, Sonny, Jason & Carmel! Patrick & Finn's inevitable exits shouldn't see them die as they both deserve to suffer!
  • Marianne_321Marianne_321 Posts: 25,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RiDsTeR wrote: »
    Sinead is leaving?

I thought it was announced not that long ago that the actress who plays Sinead just signed another long term contract to remain in the show!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see Danny as, in Hollyoaks' standards, a dispensable character. Now that they've had the father reveal and the bisexual scandal revealed leading to the break-up, they won't lose thought in having him offed.

Then again they might want him around for the John Paul reveal.

Oh lord....does that mean they'll choose to get rid of Sam instead? I would hope not as I think she is a much better character than Danny. And they're already losing the other big family mother.
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    DJ Jimmy wrote: »

It was the first scene of Hollyoaks I'd ever seen in my life, and it had me hooked.

Bless you, Maddy. Half the forum thought you were a tw*t, the other a hero. I thought you were a hilarious death and nothing more.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,201
    Forum Member
    Wasn't it recently announced Steph Davies signed a new contract?

Yes but haven't they lied before?
  • EastenderstreetEastenderstreet Posts: 3,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when Patrick eventually leaves he should not be killed off, I would be much happier to see Sienna killed off than Patrick
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An explosion, sounds predictable
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's loads that are on dodgy ground SL wise that if things were revealed there's no way they can stay in the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Same here.
    It was far too final destination
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Roscoes and any remaining gangsers. Wipe them out. All of them.
  • gwendagwenda Posts: 3,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see Danny as, in Hollyoaks' standards, a dispensable character. Now that they've had the father reveal and the bisexual scandal revealed leading to the break-up, they won't lose thought in having him offed.

Then again they might want him around for the John Paul reveal.

Oh lord....does that mean they'll choose to get rid of Sam instead? I would hope not as I think she is a much better character than Danny. And they're already losing the other big family mother.

I think Sam will be the one to go. My bet is she killed Fraser. She's revealed herself as above the law twice now. She has no ties to Danny now. Leela will be revealed as Peri's mother soon so there will be no role for Sam anymore.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think there's a clear list of people that are set to be offed at some point. All the deaths last year were predicted well in advance of them actually happening too. It just means this show has become totally predictable, and that's on the producer. They've brought in terrible characters and ruined long-standing ones and recycle plots all the time to where the show operates pretty much by formula. The fact there's something as established as a killer fall stunt and the title of this thread is 'Annual Cast Cull' is proof.

But anyway, I doubt there will be any deaths that are at all surprising. I think that rules out anyone in any of the families Kirky has created in the past year, a.k.a. the Roscoes and the Lomaxs. And any one of the remaining McQueens could take a bullet to the head at this point and still survive because he's never going to not be obsessed with them.

I think Dennis and George are guarantees for being killed off, and possibly Phoebe. Sonny , Patrick and Finn are also strong possibilities. But I think it's really only out of those 6 names for people we'll see die in the fall.
  • lollipop1995lollipop1995 Posts: 2,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever happens, please KEEP Sienna at all costs! She is far too brilliant a character to lose and would be a big loss to the show. I don't want Finn or Patrick killed off as they need to suffer for their crimes and death would be the easy way out and a cop out imo. Lindsey is also a character that needs to stay and be utilised more as Sophie Austin, like Anna Passey is a brilliant actress. Would love to see her and Joe's backstory explored more(how they met,etc) It would be a shame to lose Sinead as she's a great character and the actress has been fantastic during the Katy storyline.The Lomaxes should be safe too. Mercedes also definitely needs to stay, she is fantastic. I wouldn't object to Sonny,Jason or the twins dad leaving. I don't mind them but I don't feel they'd be a loss to the show.
    Every other character has a place on the show imo. The Roscoe brothers need to get some good material though. This Robbie/Nancy thing needs to be dropped(the flirting) and I hope it's not leading anywhere. Ziggy is a good light hearted character and provides some humour. Freddie needs an individual storyline that preferably doesn't involve Lindsey/Sinead/Grace/gangster stuff. Same for Joe - maybe his past could be explored. It was hinted he had a a bit of a shady past when he was first introduced. Regards Jason, my opinion on his potential as a character may well change depending on how the body dysmorphia storyline plays out