Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,916
Forum Member
https://twitter.com/bbcstrictly/status/504621414977392641

Hyper-ringah, but I think she'll be AMAZING, so I don't care. :D

Comments

• Options
    Emma2121Emma2121 Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    yup! I think she will be great- and clearly a potential winner.

She has ridiculously long legs, I'm sure if she gets the chance she will be a great at the Argentine Tango. Actually all ballroom in general I think she'll be good at….

Maybe Aljaz and Pixie? another hot to trot couple
  • Options
    jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emma2121 wrote: »

Maybe Aljaz and Pixie? another hot to trot couple

Never gonna happen.

Aljaz won last year so will not get anyone considered to be an obvious contender.
  • Options
    Emma2121Emma2121 Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    jiroos wrote: »
    Never gonna happen.

Aljaz won last year so will not get anyone considered to be an obvious contender.

never say never ;-)
  • Options
    jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emma2121 wrote: »
    never say never ;-)

Sorry, but I say "never" to this - Aljaz will more likely get Alison (a partnership I would love)...if not, then Judy.
  • Options
    MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's been in musicals so she's probably had some dance training, but I'll still be interested in seeing how she copes with ballroom dancing - she could be very good! I'm looking forward to seeing her too.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Moonbean wrote: »
    She's been in musicals so she's probably had some dance training, but I'll still be interested in seeing how she copes with ballroom dancing - she could be very good! I'm looking forward to seeing her too.

Me too.

I think she'll be great.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meh.

Still, her stage school training will help.

Her fit model boyfriend should have signed up instead.;-)
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure in her video for 'Cry Me Out' she was doing ballroom dancing? Or ballet maybe. Can't remember.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was joking about this in the Music forum the other day that her career is in the doldrums and she'd be on Strictly soon. Lo and behold, I was right.

Considering she went to a performing arts school, is trained in dance and ballet and has learned choreography since the age of 6, if she doesn't win I'd be very surprised. It has to be said, it must kind of suck to have her career in pop music basically dead by the age of 23 and reduced to doing Strictly so soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was joking about this in the Music forum the other day that her career is in the doldrums and she'd be on Strictly soon. Lo and behold, I was right.

Considering she went to a performing arts school, is trained in dance and ballet and has learned choreography since the age of 6, if she doesn't win I'd be very surprised. It has to be said, it must kind of suck to have her career in pop music basically dead by the age of 23 and reduced to doing Strictly so soon.

I don't think Strictly is always about dead careers, it's not like she is in the jungle eating kangaroo penis yet.
  • Options
    memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure in her video for 'Cry Me Out' she was doing ballroom dancing? Or ballet maybe. Can't remember.
    It's ballet. There's not doubt it'll help her though. I wonder if she'll get the same same type of criticism as Denise VO and Natalie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    memmh wrote: »
    It's ballet. There's not doubt it'll help her though. I wonder if she'll get the same same type of criticism as Denise VO and Natalie.

I wonder why Kara never got that treatment, she went onto win and is by all accounts maybe the most popular winner (her or Jill anyway) to the wider audience.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    I wonder why Kara never got that treatment, she went onto win and is by all accounts maybe the most popular winner (her or Jill anyway) to the wider audience.

She had that romance with Artem.
  • Options
    Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member
    If we're looking for a nice direct comparison (that might mean nothing), both Pixie and Kelly Brook went to the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts - so Pixie's stage school education puts her at least somewhere around Kelly's level, with the added bonus of being a musician and having ballet training. :o:D

Predicting a possible 9 or two week 1. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sam33 wrote: »
    She had that romance with Artem.

If anything a "showmance" would usually put people off. I think it might be more the judges didn't make her their pet like they did Denise and Natalie. I think in Denise's case it didn't help she had James as a partner either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Monsieur23 wrote: »
    If we're looking for a nice direct comparison (that might mean nothing), both Pixie and Kelly Brook went to the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts - so Pixie's stage school education puts her at least somewhere around Kelly's level, with the added bonus of being a musician and having ballet training. :o:D

Predicting a possible 9 or two week 1. ;-)

I'll put her in the same group as Dani Harmer and DVO. They all attended stage school from a very early age (Pixie at age 5) and were appearing in West End shows before they fiinished school. Kelly only went to stage school later on.

Pixie even played the part of a ballroom dancer in her video "Broken Arrow".
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVnvikQpEig
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member

Haha I know I was saying it also, its either going to be good for her or very very bad lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Strictly is always about dead careers, it's not like she is in the jungle eating kangaroo penis yet.

... yet.

Strictly is for BBC contracted folks looking to lose weight, retired sports personalities, daytime TV presenters, famous people's wives/exes and soap actors. It is one step above Celebrity Big Brother at this point.
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... yet.

Strictly is for BBC contracted folks looking to lose weight, retired sports personalities, daytime TV presenters, famous people's wives/exes and soap actors. It is one step above Celebrity Big Brother at this point.

Which category did Colin Salmon fall into? Sure, there are loads of reality people, pop starlets, soap actors etc but there have been some interesting signings too over the years and good people, by which I mean genuine people. Given most of them at outset are unknown, it really is about the process of learning to dance and how they are able (or not able) to forge a connection with their dance partner.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    This is the second one I've not had to google! (creeps back into cave)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    Which category did Colin Salmon fall into? Sure, there are loads of reality people, pop starlets, soap actors etc but there have been some interesting signings too over the years and good people, by which I mean genuine people. Given most of them at outset are unknown, it really is about the process of learning to dance and how they are able (or not able) to forge a connection with their dance partner.

Jobbing actor out of work in between seasons on a superhero soap opera... so, soap actor.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want her with Tristan !!!
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jobbing actor out of work in between seasons on a superhero soap opera... so, soap actor.

Nah, Colin was in work at the time to his detriment on the show. He's a proper actor.

OK, another few for you. Which of your categories fitted Felicity Kendall? Or john Sergeant, bless him. Hairy Dave -- is there a category for him? :o Kimberley Walsh. Or this Pixie, for that matter? Not saying all these are loveable or great, but they're not fitting the standard groupings.

Admittedly there aren't enough poets, true musicians, jazz men or novelists, serious journalists or scientists on SCD -- whether because uninterested or because not sufficiently well-known -- but not everyone who has taken part falls exactly into your boxes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    Nah, Colin was in work at the time to his detriment on the show. He's a proper actor.

OK, another few for you. Which of your categories fitted Felicity Kendall? Or john Sergeant, bless him. Hairy Dave -- is there a category for him? :o Kimberley Walsh. Or this Pixie, for that matter? Not saying all these are loveable or great, but they're not fitting the standard groupings.

Admittedly there aren't enough poets, true musicians, jazz men or novelists, serious journalists or scientists on SCD -- whether because uninterested or because not sufficiently well-known -- but not everyone who has taken part falls exactly into your boxes.

I know he was in work. I watch Arrow and I am aware he was filming for 24. However Arrow is a superhero soap opera and he filmed 24 on a break between that show's seasons. He might be a "proper actor" but Arrow is still a superhero soap opera.

Felicity Kendall... jobbing actor, out of regular work since Rosemary and Thyme ended.

John Sargeant... BBC employee looking to lose some weight.

Hairy Dave... BBC employee looking to lose some weight.

Kimberly Walsh... I'd put her in the Alisha Dixon/Sophie Ellis Bextor bracket of flagging pop star trying to branch out and appeal to the public again, which Pixie will soon be joining.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jiroos wrote: »
    Never gonna happen.

I hope he gets Allison :cool: