Options

Matt Cardle has no Fashion sense!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
Forum Member
X Factor' winner Matt Cardle has no fashion sense, according to the chief stylist on the show Grace Woodward.

Now magazine reports that the stylist said he was the most difficult contestant to work with in terms of his performance outfits.

The Britain's Next Top Model judge said "All the contestants came on board with an individual style - except for Matt Cardle who started with a really bad fashion sense. For some reason he wanted to work the wife-beater vest look all along.":eek:

She said that she did allow to singer to win some fashion battles saying "I gave in but only when I thought it fitted the song".

I bet she didnt like those illuminous glowing green pants he wore in the final either, useful if you broke down at night on the motorway or a dimly lit area:D

Comments

• Options
    mamamiamamamia Posts: 2,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    X Factor' winner Matt Cardle has no fashion sense, according to the chief stylist on the show Grace Woodward.

Now magazine reports that the stylist said he was the most difficult contestant to work with in terms of his performance outfits.

The Britain's Next Top Model judge said "All the contestants came on board with an individual style - except for Matt Cardle who started with a really bad fashion sense. For some reason he wanted to work the wife-beater vest look all along.":eek:

She said that she did allow to singer to win some fashion battles saying "I gave in but only when I thought it fitted the song".

I bet she didnt like those illuminous glowing green pants he wore in the final either, useful if you broke down at night on the motorway or a dimly lit area:D

My God,the desperation of some is astounding,lol Grace Woodward is the stylist SHE chose those trousers for Matt ,Matt himself hated them,but carry on hating,because Matt is one of those blokes who can wear anything and still make it look drop dead gorgeous!!as the vest proved.
  • Options
    SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grace shouldn't have an opinion on anything associating with fashion after the way she had Treyc looking. The 'prostitution' look may have cost her a lot of votes in the first two weeks and therefore not the first impression you want, despite the phenomenal vocals.
  • Options
    mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    mamamia wrote: »
    My God,the desperation of some is astounding,lol Grace Woodward is the stylist SHE chose those trousers for Matt ,Matt himself hated them,but carry on hating,because Matt is one of those blokes who can wear anything and still make it look drop dead gorgeous!!as the vest proved.

I know however there are those who cannot see beyound their noses when it comes to style and are absorbed by whatever is in at that moment. ;) Well I don't mind what he wears asl long as he can still sing;)
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    I just bet Matt is so gutted about this.

Not! ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That woman can talk! She is an awful stylist. She effed up most of them most weeks. Hope she's not returning. And I'm not a matt fan (not against him either ftr) :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    That woman can talk! She is an awful stylist. She effed up most of them most weeks. Hope she's not returning. And I'm not a matt fan (not against him either ftr) :D

After the 4th live show, Katie no longer wanted her "help".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    She and her team managed to make pretty much all contestants look like a joke every week so yeah, fashion sense my arse.
    I thought the job of a stylist was to make people look good, but no, the clothes have to scream "GRACE WOODWARD WAS HERE". On the other hand, the producers probably told her to make styling "controversial and not boring" which sadly translated into clown suits every week for at least one contestant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,950
    Forum Member
    Bad fashion sense or not, we still can't get him out of our minds can we? :D I thought some of his haters would give him a break on Christmas Day, with having such busy and fulfilled lives I don't know how they find the time :confused: Hope you didn't burn your turkey OP :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Satanel wrote: »
    Grace shouldn't have an opinion on anything associating with fashion after the way she had Treyc looking. The 'prostitution' look may have cost her a lot of votes in the first two weeks and therefore not the first impression you want, despite the phenomenal vocals.
    And the sideways Hunchback of Notredam look she gave Rebecca one week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If having fashion sense means you have to wear "poo suits" and "YELLOW trousers" then I hope he sticks to having none, Matt knows best eg. Checked shirts and jeans!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked Matt's look before she got hold of him. She totally destroyed him with all those crappy suits. I don't feel she has any right whatsoever to judge anyone's fashion sense.
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those trousers were AWFUL. I can't believe someone went out and paid good money for those. The stylists on the X-Factor are rubbish. Looking like you got dressed in the dark does not make you edgy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SAMofBEV wrote: »
    If having fashion sense means you have to wear "poo suits" and "YELLOW trousers" then I hope he sticks to having none, Matt knows best eg. Checked shirts and jeans!!

yeah I prefer his own style to some of the awful stuff Grace put him into ..... and to think those awful yellow trousers had a jacket with them originally :eek:

the styling of most of them this year has been awful .. I mean was it Grace who put Katie in that helmet in week 1? :eek:
  • Options
    whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mamamia wrote: »

Matt has a good voice, but as for the rest of your post...errrrr HELL NO! He's got no neck to start with!
  • Options
    FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grace Woodward is not fit for purpose and I believe they shouldn't use her again.
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    Watching the early auditions in the XF, I can't help feeling that they're doing a Shayne with Matt. Fashion wise, Shayne was at his best in his first audition. He looked young and trendy. As the series went on, they messed him up, putting him in suits etc.

Looking at Matt in his first audition, he was really lovely - scruffy yes, but he looked so cute, and it was him. I don't care for the "smart, casual" look. Or in some cases, just casual, as you couldn't call it smart. He suits scruffy.
  • Options
    IsItThatDeepIsItThatDeep Posts: 1,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt strikes me as your average guy in the street who would shop at Next or TopMan, I suspect the names Alexander MacQueen, DKNY and Armani are not top of his shopping list.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    Watching the early auditions in the XF, I can't help feeling that they're doing a Shayne with Matt. Fashion wise, Shayne was at his best in his first audition. He looked young and trendy. As the series went on, they messed him up, putting him in suits etc.

Looking at Matt in his first audition, he was really lovely - scruffy yes, but he looked so cute, and it was him. I don't care for the "smart, casual" look. Or in some cases, just casual, as you couldn't call it smart. He suits scruffy.

Yes for sure he suits scruffy. I believe Philip Green has a contact with Simon Cowell to use his Top Man/Top Shop appallingly designed, appallingly made nasty clothes in the series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Floh wrote: »
    Yes for sure he suits scruffy. I believe Philip Green has a contact with Simon Cowell to use his Top Man/Top Shop appallingly designed, appallingly made nasty clothes in the series.
    That's probably true and would explain the overly hyped trip the contestants took to get loads of freebies from Top Shop.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's probably true and would explain the overly hyped trip the contestants took to get loads of freebies from Top Shop.

The trip was direct product placement advertising for Philip Green.
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the get up that Matt was in was dreadful :D

I liked his audition gear but I didn't mind the odd posh suit on occasion either but the sruffy git style is still probably my favourite
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Floh wrote: »
    The trip was direct product placement advertising for Philip Green.
    Philip Green is an Idiot. What he said isn't that bad and I'm sure it was just heat of the moment stuff but you don't loose your cool around journalists who thrive on controversy and blowing things out of proportion :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Philip Green is an Idiot. What he said isn't that bad and I'm sure it was just heat of the moment stuff but you don't loose your cool around journalists who thrive on controversy and blowing things out of proportion :rolleyes:

I haven't a clue what Philip Green said.

Edit: now I see your link: The accusation, part of a string of expletive-laden outbursts, came in an attack on the Guardian's financial editor, Paul Murphy. Mr Green said: "He can't read English. Mind you, he is a f***ing Irishman."

How low of the man, but I never had any respect for him anyway.
  • Options
    funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,350
    Forum Member
    I don;t see a problem with it! Fashion doesn't consum my life either, as long as I look clean I a not obsessed with clothes!
    I see more straight blokes who look more gay than me these days!
  • Options
    mamamiamamamia Posts: 2,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt has a good voice, but as for the rest of your post...errrrr HELL NO! He's got no neck to start with!

Well I am a 33 year old woman and find him sexy as hell especially in the hat and ripped jeans,and of course he has a neck ,don't be silly,