Surprising career re-inventions

1235»

Comments

• sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glenn Medeiros is now a vice principal at a Hawaiian high school. If anyone can remember who he is
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hogs Head wrote: »
    The first person to pop into my head was Jodie Marsh :o

I thought of her too......from glamour model to body builder.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muddipaws wrote: »
    Kim Wild from singer to TV Garden Presenter

Good one.
    Billy Connelly was a straightforward folk singer and banjo player before the comedy took over.

And he's an actor now too.

Boy George also.....from pop superstar to international DJ.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going by the title of the thread I don't think that a pop star becoming an actor is that surprising as a career re-invention.
    I think it's quite common really.
    Same thing goes for the other way around too, an actor becoming a pop star.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Antony Cotton - from being himself to being Antony Cotton in Coronation Street! :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Pope is going to become a YouTube lifestyle guru sensation.
  • Rueben_ClaraRueben_Clara Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    Just Vogue wrote: »
    Leslie Grantham - From convicted murderer to one of the most recognizable stars of Eastenders (Dirty Den Watts) before exposing himself on webcam whilst sucking his fingers dressed up as Captain Hook :eek::eek::eek:

I did not know this! :eek:

Wasn't Myleene Klass a classical pianist, not on the scale that she plays now, before Hearsay? I remember her being absent from a couple of the audition rounds as she had commitments.
    scone wrote: »
    Glenn Medeiros is now a vice principal at a Hawaiian high school. If anyone can remember who he is
    Isn't he the chap who walked on the beach in white singing how nothing could change his love?
  • BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pasodabble wrote: »
    A very obvious one - Victoria Beckham. From average pop singer in a girlband to semi-credible fashion designer. On paper this should have been a disaster...

Hardly semi credible, didnt she get people in her dresses at the Oscars last year?

I'd say that makes her very credible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 480
    Forum Member
    katmobile wrote: »
    He was pretty good as the disturbed young man who shoots Bruce Willis at the start of The Sixth Sense - nice to see him doing well.

I did not recognise him at all in that!

I only discovered he was in it the other week after reading it IMDB and even then (after watching the film loads of times) did not realise he was the guy at the start. :o
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mallaha wrote: »
    If the rumours are to be believed:

Heather Mills - professional divorcee to Paralympic skier.

That's a bit harsh. Surely she only divorced one person!
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to wiki she's been married twice. As for the Paralympics it's next years she is suposed to be competing in so that's still to come.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Sorensen, who originally played Declan in Neighbours left the soap to join the army.

I believe that Sandy Ratcliff, who was Sue in Eastenders in its' early days re-trained as a psychologist or psychiatrist (can't remember which) once she had gave acting up.

Probably already been mentioned by someone but Freddie Flintoff, cricket player to boxer?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    Harrison Ford - from carpenter to, well, fugitive

Gerald Ford - Male model to US president

Me - Idle DS forum user to highly-acclaimed writer and artist (cerca 2025)
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Gerald Ford - Male model to US president

Oh that reminds me:

Jimmy Carter: US President to church handyman. Apparently he is in charge of the grounds of his church, and when he cuts the grass, the tractor is followed by a golf-buggy containing his security detail!
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Billy Connelly was a straightforward folk singer and banjo player before the comedy took over.

And his wife Pamela Stephenson, comedy actress is now Dr Pamela Connolly, psychotherapist (or something like that)
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member